Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ I love dirt racing .. But it takes $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ Just like most things, It comes too a end, or it has to change....Just Like for me, If I win the Lotto Tuesday FarmerCity will get 2 million In improvements.. Why Cause i am old and i love this track..I dont even care if they dont put my name on something if i did do this.. I put in 15000 seats, and new lights, and a score board, so The people on 4m that B!tch of no score board can go (%&^$$&^* them self's) Then I have a seat on the fence for me and I go too the races till i die...The people that put on this race had 3 out comes for this race .. Lose there A$$ ... brake even ... and make some money... I hope they make money ... cause if they make money more people will try to put on races some were....

exactly car dirt

Quote Originally Posted by Pennsboro23 View Post
    The only thing ruining the sport are the people constantly complaining about it on social media posts.
    I don't think this complaining is ruining anything but some promoters feelings. They have had it their way for a long time. Some of them give us a mediocre event and care less, whether the fan is happy. Since the internet has come along, the fan has a voice and it's too bad if these promoters don't like it. Now that the fan has a voice, he can and will say what they like and what they don't like. The promoters should be happy that they say anything, instead of just walking away.

The complaining about gateway started because people could see the false hype about sell outs and exaggerated car counts starting way too early in the year. They said something about everything but real info. Starting times, Format, how many laps and the tings you should know before you go. Somethings wrong if you can't be forthright in your advertisements. If they where less than up front with those things, what else was wrong and why? I think these complainers are tired of getting less than their moneys worth for the most part. What really irritates them is some spokes person, with a smile on their face, selling a Sows ear for the price of a silk purse.

The only thing ruining the sport are the people constantly complaining about it on social media posts.
    Social media complaining doesn't affect anything. It's annoying to wade through, for sure, but means nothing.

Just like all the Dem that said to Trump if you lose you cant complane .. And then a lot of people that have had it with being PC said ... vote for Trump and he Wins... Now the same Dems that said not to complane... are making up all kinds of lies on why they LOST.. And Complaining just like they said for us not to....Got to LOVE IT ..
    If you are not happy with what happen at this track AND YOU WERE there .. you have a right to be mad...But if you were there and had a good Time Speak up and say so... Thats how it works Now so live with it...Till it changes...
    PC people can go S=== them selfs.... But you should tell the truth when you speak...

Quote Originally Posted by Cardirt0 View Post
    Just like all the Dem that said to Trump if you lose you cant complane .. And then a lot of people that have had it with being PC said ... vote for Trump and he Wins... Now the same Dems that said not to complane... are making up all kinds of lies on why they LOST.. And Complaining just like they said for us not to....Got to LOVE IT ..
    If you are not happy with what happen at this track AND YOU WERE there .. you have a right to be mad...But if you were there and had a good Time Speak up and say so... Thats how it works Now so live with it...Till it changes...
    PC people can go S=== them selfs.... But you should tell the truth when you speak...
    Can somebody translate this?

Quote Originally Posted by calverton View Post
    but when you don't the facts and what and how it was put on, also Tony raced many a Sunday nights on a track as small or smaller back in the 90s's
    Do you have any clue as to what you are typing sometimes. Need a translator on this one. lol

No. The new rules police is driving it into the ground.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Quote Originally Posted by ptown View Post
    Can somebody translate this?
    Was just a Drug rant just for you.. wanted to see if you ask for a Translate and you did Thanks

I may be wrong, but isn't that why people promote things, to make money...If it's a rock concert or a race, bottom line you got to make money or you won't be in business very long....if it continues and the crowds get bigger ,maybe the payout will too...

Just Sayin
    Last edited by highgroove; 12-17-2016 at 04:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by highgroove View Post
    I may be wrong, but isn't that why people promote things, to make money...If it's a rock concert or a race. bottom line you got to make money or you won't be in business very long....if it continues and the crowd get bigger ,may the payout will too...

Just Sayin
    Gee someone gets it...

Highgrove nails it! Izzo should put on his own winter show instead of crying on social media.

I couldnt have said it better myself. 100% correct.
    Chris Madden, 5 times Southern Nationals Champion!!!!

It's not so much about making money as it is being a novelty and how having more races like it have to some extent kept fans at home and now they just save their money for those races instead of going to the weekly races and help keep the track open.
    People like Tony look at the big picture.
    Take a look from his vantage point and you just might have a better picture of what he is try to point out and get across.
    Sometimes racers can be their own worst enemy.
    I can tell from some of the post some don't understand what he is saying.
    A smart promoter and one that cares will keep trying even when the going gets tough.
    Going sit down and have a word with him and understand his views before you bash him.
    I think most racers will agree with him.
    The 2 guys I help out and some of my close agree with his understand.
    I'd almost bet it wasn't just some of the guys that had pre-registered that sold cars for all being the reason they didn't go this weekend.
    Some took a look at the weather and decided against it and a bunch more probably said is it worth it to possibly tear up my car with all the cost to be there this weekend.
    The racing last night was great but what did it cost the guys that missed the show.
    These days I think it's better to spread the money around then have a top heavy payout and the back of the payout does nothing but get those who had a rough night get closer to breaking event.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - TBA
    2024 Season: 3 - Brownstown (IN) 1, Farmer City (IL) 1, & Kankakee (IL) 1

This race is no different from the World Finals. 6 bucks for a twenty once coke 8 bucks for a hot dog. 100+ for a three dayticket yet race is still sold out every year. Even at these prices it's still a better value than most entertainment. As far as length of races we had a new promoter take over a local track he streamlined the program races were over by 10:30 then people started complaining the races were over too early.

Coming from a guy who has canceled several Friday shows of a 2 day event after seeing low attendance. Keep preaching ab how u love hillary and watch ur schedule get shorter ya fat midget

Quote Originally Posted by WisWildManFan View Post
    Coming from a guy who has canceled several Friday shows of a 2 day event after seeing low attendance. Keep preaching ab how u love hillary and watch ur schedule get shorter ya fat midget
    lololololol

Chill out people ..... It's easy to understand where Izzo is coming from. Fans bitch and complain about promoters constantly, Ive done it too.
    I passed on the St Louis event because of the potential of problems we all complain about. I did see the Dirt on Dirt replay of the event and had to laugh at the racing media......Ben said, " I'm not saying its a crown jewel" yeah Ben, the track is rough, cars torn up, lots of down time and high prices at every turn...... Right Ben, I'll be sure to attend Saturday...... Tony don't be frustrated, keep up the good work. I enjoy coming to La Salle.

Izzo needs the chill pill! Like Wildman said, he's the first to pull the plug if he thinks he'll lose a dime!

Quote Originally Posted by HoosierDirtFan View Post
    It's not so much about making money as it is being a novelty and how having more races like it have to some extent kept fans at home and now they just save their money for those races instead of going to the weekly races and help keep the track open.
    People like Tony look at the big picture.
    Take a look from his vantage point and you just might have a better picture of what he is try to point out and get across.
    Sometimes racers can be their own worst enemy.
    I can tell from some of the post some don't understand what he is saying.
    A smart promoter and one that cares will keep trying even when the going gets tough.
    Going sit down and have a word with him and understand his views before you bash him.
    I think most racers will agree with him.
    The 2 guys I help out and some of my close agree with his understand.
    I'd almost bet it wasn't just some of the guys that had pre-registered that sold cars for all being the reason they didn't go this weekend.
    Some took a look at the weather and decided against it and a bunch more probably said is it worth it to possibly tear up my car with all the cost to be there this weekend.
    The racing last night was great but what did it cost the guys that missed the show.
    These days I think it's better to spread the money around then have a top heavy payout and the back of the payout does nothing but get those who had a rough night get closer to breaking event.
    I'll start off by saying that Tony Izzo has no right to complain about someone who puts on a big race and pockets the money. Tony sold out his long time weekly competitors so he could make more $. As far as the fans saving their money and staying home from the weekly show so they can attend the big shows, Tony was a part of that also. They have put on big late model races for years and have taken the weekly fan from other tracks that saved their money to go to the LaSalle race, he didnt care then!! Special events PERIOD have ruined the weekly tracks, it has nothing to do with "novelty" events.
    As far as sitting down and discussing things with Tony, there is no discussing anything with that man. If you actually knew him I wouldn't have to tell you that.

Tony has only 2 real issues with this race:

1) He's not making the money from it.
    2) He does not like Cody.

That's it