Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by ClampedUp View Post
    Why is it such an issue with you and this Izzo guy as to why someone puts their own/sponsors money, reputation, and countless hours of work on the line to try and put on a show for the fans and drives in the middle of Winter when it affects zero other tracks or promoters??
    By all accounts I've read and people I have talked to they were very pleased with what they saw and are looking forward to going again. Yes they said there were some issues but name me one race or track that has ever been perfect.
    I'm guessing there is more to this deal than what is being laid out here.....
    It's not an issue. Just happen to see his side of the fence. You would think he is doing what he thinks is best for his track. Can't get close to a full field in the weekly classes there and enough fans in the stands to support it; so he went to a special event type track. If i'm not mistaking there are a few tracks in east Tennessee that run specials only. I'm not bashing the event in St. Louis this past weekend. Just seem I understand his point of view better then others.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - Rumble in Ft Wayne. Indoor Midget show. Sat., 12/30/23
    2023 Season: Tracks 13 & Races 40 & States AL, IL, IN, NC, OH, WI
    Brownstown (IN) 2, Eldora (OH) 3, Fairbury (IL) 9, Grundy County (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 7, Kokomo (IN) 2, Lincoln (IL) 1, Shadyhill (IN) 6, Spoon River (IL) 1, Talladega Short Track (AL) 3, The Dirt Track at Charlotte (NC) 3, & Wilmot (WI) 1

Quote Originally Posted by ImCryn2 View Post
    LOL. Oh, I get it! Tony has no room to complain about any of this. If you had attended weekly shows there on a regular basis, you'd understand what others are saying.
    O I have in the past. At least he is trying to keep his track open. What about you support one. I try to support every track in my region which is why I post a lot of upcoming events for them on multiple forums and do what I can to get the word out.. When my travel budget supports it I will travel to other tracks in my area. I will support any owner / track staff who is trying to keep a racing facility open.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - Rumble in Ft Wayne. Indoor Midget show. Sat., 12/30/23
    2023 Season: Tracks 13 & Races 40 & States AL, IL, IN, NC, OH, WI
    Brownstown (IN) 2, Eldora (OH) 3, Fairbury (IL) 9, Grundy County (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 7, Kokomo (IN) 2, Lincoln (IL) 1, Shadyhill (IN) 6, Spoon River (IL) 1, Talladega Short Track (AL) 3, The Dirt Track at Charlotte (NC) 3, & Wilmot (WI) 1

I like the late models, so I don't want to sit through 6-7 classes of cars, travel is the best option. Izzo critical of other promoters? Lol, step-up your game then! At least the food was good at Rockford! Only good thing about that fiasco! Plunks you are 100% right!

crowd wise for local racing is down everywhere as far as not enough car well when there how many different classes available it kinda thin out the herd there are only so many people that have the resources and talents out there

Quote Originally Posted by ClampedUp View Post
    Why is it such an issue with you and this Izzo guy as to why someone puts their own/sponsors money, reputation, and countless hours of work on the line to try and put on a show for the fans and drives in the middle of Winter when it affects zero other tracks or promoters??
    By all accounts I've read and people I have talked to they were very pleased with what they saw and are looking forward to going again. Yes they said there were some issues but name me one race or track that has ever been perfect.
    I'm guessing there is more to this deal than what is being laid out here.....
    Ding, ding, ding, we have a winner. You hit the nail squarely on the head. I totally agree with your assessment.

Of course it was expensive to get in it's a convention center in downtown stl operated by union labor, of course sheet metal got tore up it's a little bull ring, and of course it took a while to run the show since it was indoor and had to be aired out per EPA rules. It's an indoor race in December gtfo it. Your just pissed off you prolly don't sell that many tickets all season at the (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)hole you promote. Last time I was there your hauler needed to be a billy goat just to pit on the unlevel crooked piece of crap you call the pits and we might as well sent the shocks back to integra for a rebuild and ran rancho 9000 shocks on that corn field you called a track.

Not trying to be a d!ck head but, I think Lasalle would be a gold mine if the track had different owners. I don't mean to offend anyone but that's the way I see it. There's been to much water under the bridge for this subject to turn around.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubstr View Post
    I don't think this complaining is ruining anything but some promoters feelings. They have had it their way for a long time. Some of them give us a mediocre event and care less, whether the fan is happy. Since the internet has come along, the fan has a voice and it's too bad if these promoters don't like it. Now that the fan has a voice, he can and will say what they like and what they don't like. The promoters should be happy that they say anything, instead of just walking away.

The complaining about gateway started because people could see the false hype about sell outs and exaggerated car counts starting way too early in the year. They said something about everything but real info. Starting times, Format, how many laps and the tings you should know before you go. Somethings wrong if you can't be forthright in your advertisements. If they where less than up front with those things, what else was wrong and why? I think these complainers are tired of getting less than their moneys worth for the most part. What really irritates them is some spokes person, with a smile on their face, selling a Sows ear for the price of a silk purse.
    ^^^^ This

But "this" aside, I am really baffled why their is so much controversy over Gateway. I don't get it. Maybe it's because I am just a fan, but it's just another Late Model race to me. So it was in a dome...big deal. So it was in December...big deal. I'm glad they had it...the more racing the better as far as I am concerned, but I don't see what all the fuss is about other than maybe it would introduce the sport to some new fans and I think that even that is a stretch.

I'm much more excited about the Wild West Shootout and all the fuss about Gateway has taken a lot of shine off that event. I think there is such a thing as over-saturation.

I hope the event did well. I'm glad that a lot of people enjoyed the show (that's the important thing). I think Izzo has some valid points, but I seriously doubt Gateway or other events like it really help or hurt the sport very much. To me it was just another race and as a LATE MODEL FAN, it had some good moments, but it was *REALLY* over-hyped.

snake x3
    I agree 100%
    I might b getting to old but I didn't think it was great racing.
    845 miles round trip-$76
    motel $170
    food $95
    tickets $89
    $430
    I can go to the world,dream,NS,dtwc for less
    and see much better racing.
    JMO.
    Was my first and last trip there.

Quote Originally Posted by HoosierDirtFan View Post
    O I have in the past. At least he is trying to keep his track open. What about you support one. I try to support every track in my region which is why I post a lot of upcoming events for them on multiple forums and do what I can to get the word out.. When my travel budget supports it I will travel to other tracks in my area. I will support any owner / track staff who is trying to keep a racing facility open.
    Maybe you should mail them all a little check every weekend. Then you would actually be supporting them all in reality. I've seen some zealots in my time but you top them all.