Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Some are saying Friday was race of the year, sorry I disagree

I just got done watching the race again. Why do you think that race was so great, it was only 25 laps with one lead change, was it because the lead changed with three laps left, it looked like the tires were knocked so low they were racing on the concrete towards the end. Yes it was a good race but not even close to being race of the year material. I know all of the Dirt on Dirt guys are telling us what a great race it was but they have a pay per view skin in this game and I wonder if they aren't just trying to sell us Saturdays race, in my opinion for them to say that is insulting the intelligence of any knowledgeable dirt track race fan.

Again tell me WHY that race was so great, the best ever etc etc.

it was a great race I was there maybe not be race of the year material but a dang great race and had the fans standing on their feet the last lap I was there how about you and listen to the drivers interviews they had a lot of fun doing it

If you have to ask, you'll never know...

ptown just stays in mommy's basement year round don't you ptown

Well Feger came from way back to get 3rd and missed 2nd by 3 foot. 1st place went to 4th with 3 Laps to go. Babb was lurking just behind the top two for many laps. At one point 3 cars were sideways all about to wreck and was a great finish.

For some reason there's a few on here that we're just going to hate this thing from the start. News flash simpletons, it's ok to like something different occasionally.

Looked like a heck of a race.

It was a good race. I think people saying "race of the year" don't really mean it, just trying to get a rise. I mean it definitely could be argued.

Personally I don't think a race has to have 15 lead changes to be a great race. If drivers are battling for position -- whether they pull off the pass or not -- it is good racing to me. The uniqueness of this event plus some hard racing made it a great show in my mind. Race of the year? I suppose that is left to the eye of the beholder.

I would love to find a video of the NDRA race from the Silver Dome. Would be fun to hear people compare the two races.

Was at a car crash one time, and the cars had been towed off, and the cops were asking a bunch of us what happened .. and the car that caused the crash.. person 1 said the blue car hit the red car.. person 2 said the green car hit the red car.. person 3 the Chevy hit the red car cop ask what color was it and he could not remember,,,,,Not one of us see it the same way its just how it is...

It was a lot better race, than I expected, especially after holes started to develop. That special atmosphere must have clogged the nose of anyone saying race of the year.

Another post from someone who wasn't there downing it, who would guess that? Video does it no justice to what all was going in that building. No one was sitting the last 7 laps. As Shawn said.....there doesn't have to be 90 passes for lead for it to be a great race IMO. No lack of action anywhere last night.

Quote Originally Posted by ptown View Post
    I just got done watching the race again. Why do you think that race was so great, it was only 25 laps with one lead change, was it because the lead changed with three laps left, it looked like the tires were knocked so low they were racing on the concrete towards the end. Yes it was a good race but not even close to being race of the year material. I know all of the Dirt on Dirt guys are telling us what a great race it was but they have a pay per view skin in this game and I wonder if they aren't just trying to sell us Saturdays race, in my opinion for them to say that is insulting the intelligence of any knowledgeable dirt track race fan.

Again tell me WHY that race was so great, the best ever etc etc.
    So in other words you only watch the leaders when you watch a race so lead changes determine how good the race is?

It is a Crown Jewel!!!
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Let's say it was the race of December. How's that?

Some of the best racing I have seen has been on rough tracks and after watching it on DoD last nights race was no different.

It seems odd to me how anyone that wasn't there is automatically disqualified by many on this board to have an opinion of the racing. I don't get the corrolation.

How can anyone say it wasn't a really good race?

I don't think anyone is saying it wasn't a good race.
    I had doubts but tried to stay positive about this event. Considering the elements and being a first time event, I'd say they hit a grand slam. Congrats to you Cody Sommer. You pulled it off when most said it could not be done.
    As far as race of the year, I don't think so. But hey, everyone has their own opinion.
    8/13/16

Not race of the year but a very good race to say the least.