Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Quote Originally Posted by calverton View Post
    the race at I80 had no time trails I believe the north south 100 had no time trails Mars has no time trails neither does none of the weekly shows around st louis have time trails
    Quote Originally Posted by chupp n bloomer fan View Post
    Comparing a fifth mile temporary track to two half mile tracks, or a series averaging 30 cars I'm guessing, isn't the same. These were I believe eight lap heats, plus them other races you mention used a two heat format and I wanna say 12-15 lap heats. They already had an issue with fumes, you try running that many more heats, it would only be worse. No, qualifying would not have the same amount of CO2 levels.
    Quote Originally Posted by calverton View Post
    i80 and florence had close top 80 cars the north south 100 having only 30 cars that's rich my idea is heats thursday heats friday features features saturday
    I'm sorry, I thought you could read, wth was I thinking. Or a series, which is MARS, you know fukin dam well with any lick of common sense I'm not implying I-80 or N/S as having 30 cars.

Drivers want a chance to win money twice. Why there is so many more races going to a separate show each night type format. If you ran two features Saturday then I guess that may work. But no invert till after the first feature, or sandbagging will surely take place.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

mars has never ever time trailed on a regular basis and I 80 and north south did time trail either it can be done

Quote Originally Posted by W2Racing09 View Post
    While my opinion matters just as much as the OP on this matter (that being, not much at all in the grand scheme of things) I always look forward to races that Ben Shelton is on the mic for. There is nobody who knows more about all types of racing than Ben Shelton, and nobody who does more to promote dirt racing. I don't understand all the hate from some people.

Thanks,
    Jeff.
    The one thing that I love about Ben Shelton and DJ is the passion and that's all you really need. They do a great job and we're fortunate to have them. You need that excitement from an announcer and they're great at it. The only improvements they need is equipment. If they had FOX style equipment or CBS it would sound better with the volume changes and whatnot. They need to have these two on tv and not the Internet it would then sound amazing and no one would complain.

I think both of these guys do a great job and did a great job at gateway. I like enthusiasm from an announcer. These guys both have that and it comes from a passion for the sport. Part of their job is to try to create new fans and you being excited on the mic can help do that. Keep up he good work!