Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Shelton View Post
    If this is the best complaint you can come up with then we'll consider the event a huge success.

No chance of ever pleasing everyone so I'm able to sleep well at night.

Happy Holidays!
    Ben
    You guys did an awesome job.

Happy Holidays to you as well !!

Quote Originally Posted by calverton View Post
    the race at I80 had no time trails I believe the north south 100 had no time trails Mars has no time trails neither does none of the weekly shows around st louis have time trails
    Your posts are usually extremely immature. With that being said, you are correct with this post.

Leave the name calling and immature stuff out in the future.

I thought they did a great job engaging the fans. Found myself laughing quite a bit at the constant shots being thrown around.... and the Truffle Shuffle on the flag stand was great. Everyone has a different sense of humor, but I thought you guys did great.

Quote Originally Posted by calverton View Post
    the race at I80 had no time trails I believe the north south 100 had no time trails Mars has no time trails neither does none of the weekly shows around st louis have time trails
    Comparing a fifth mile temporary track to two half mile tracks, or a series averaging 30 cars I'm guessing, isn't the same. These were I believe eight lap heats, plus them other races you mention used a two heat format and I wanna say 12-15 lap heats. They already had an issue with fumes, you try running that many more heats, it would only be worse. No, qualifying would not have the same amount of CO2 levels.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

My first time hearing these guys announce and I was pretty pleased. Thanks for making it more enjoyable.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Shelton View Post
    Working in an open air booth like that can be a challenge - much less one that's inside an enclosed building where the car noise is confined. At times mics are catching more of the car sounds and the next thing they are capturing the announcers voice almost exclusively. Like I said all weekend this was a work in progress and we tweaked on things continually trying to figure out what did and didn't work. Thanks again for the support. - Ben
    Thought you guys did a stand up job. Keep up the great work for our sport. Don't listen to some of these morons on here.

Quote Originally Posted by MittenMadman View Post
    Thought you guys did a stand up job. Keep up the great work for our sport. Don't listen to some of these morons on here.
    It's so obvious just like the Friday that was the race of the year posts that somebody (DOD) is planting user names to make positive posts about that train wreck, I guess it makes those guys feel good about themselves.....lol

ptown do have anything nice to say at anytime , the track was a bull ring things happen very quickly at those small tracksbut everyone had fun large crowd and it raced in DECEMBER

Quote Originally Posted by chupp n bloomer fan View Post
    comparing a fifth mile temporary track to two half mile tracks, or a series averaging 30 cars i'm guessing, isn't the same. These were i believe eight lap heats, plus them other races you mention used a two heat format and i wanna say 12-15 lap heats. They already had an issue with fumes, you try running that many more heats, it would only be worse. No, qualifying would not have the same amount of co2 levels.
    i80 and florence had close top 80 cars the north south 100 having only 30 cars that's rich my idea is heats thursday heats friday features features saturday

Quote Originally Posted by ptown View Post
    It's so obvious just like the Friday that was the race of the year posts that somebody (DOD) is planting user names to make positive posts about that train wreck, I guess it makes those guys feel good about themselves.....lol
    ROFL troll

Quote Originally Posted by MittenMadman View Post
    ROFL troll
    Another DOD made up user name.....lol

Because of the events I've attended I've been conditioned to when i hear Dustin Jarrett's voice I know to settle in it's going to be a good time (Same with Essex.)

So my only complaint is that Dustin blew his voice out in night one, and he was so hoarse the 2nd day it didn't even sound like him.

The Shelton guy doesn't bring up any emotions naturally for me.
    "The Wise One"

Quote Originally Posted by ptown View Post
    Another DOD made up user name.....lol
    look at my profile you tool and youll see that I am clearly not. That might be a little over your head though...

everybody is over PTOWNS head

Screaming in the Mike are you kidding me right now their was no screaming he was just very excited if I was annouNing this race I would be very excited too and before some of you jump on the complain train no I could not do the announceing they did a GREAT job after all they're not rookies they've been doing this for a while
    I am what I am

I'm sure the people at DoD are so worried about the opinion of one jackoff on a message board that they go all covert ops. Get over yourself a tad.

While my opinion matters just as much as the OP on this matter (that being, not much at all in the grand scheme of things) I always look forward to races that Ben Shelton is on the mic for. There is nobody who knows more about all types of racing than Ben Shelton, and nobody who does more to promote dirt racing. I don't understand all the hate from some people.

Thanks,
    Jeff.

One more thing their was an announcer in the st louis area God rest his soul his name mike Meuer Aka (ttg the talker guy ) if some of these people on here would've thought he was screaming but he didn't he just got very excited ttg had a great Love for dirt racing and was very involved in the business
    I am what I am

I have no problem with Ben's announcing. He has his own style and signature phrasing, as all announcers do. If anything, I'm still looking for some of those three wide that don't end with a pass, but his words are clear and understandable.

Quote Originally Posted by rickybrown1952 View Post
    One more thing their was an announcer in the st louis area God rest his soul his name mike Meuer Aka (ttg the talker guy ) if some of these people on here would've thought he was screaming but he didn't he just got very excited ttg had a great Love for dirt racing and was very involved in the business
    Mike was a great guy also