Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Thumbs up Gateway, Thumbs down Shelton & Jarrett

The racing at Gateway was a huge success, but what's up with Shelton and Jarrett playing @ss grab with each other all night? This was the biggest stage ever for Dirt Late Models & Modifieds and these two acted like little school girls all weekend..... making fun of everyone from competitors, fans and fellow broadcasters???
    Last edited by Cooter Davenport; 12-18-2016 at 12:38 PM.

Are you saying screaming Ben Shelton got on your nerves?

To all dirt car announcers, you don't need to scream into an electronically amplified microphone to be heard.

Thumbs down to dipsh!ts who do nothing but sit around and moan all day.

I thought they did a great job. Maybe quit being a bunch of man-gina's. I thought you guys ran out of stuff to complain about yet you prove that wrong.

only complaint too much down time

thumbs up to them both from me for trying to entertainfans betweenprep and fumagationeffots

Quote Originally Posted by cgrace View Post
    thumbs up to them both from me for trying to entertainfans betweenprep and fumagationeffots

X2.
    My only constructive criticism is they could have overlapped some of the track prep time with part of the opening ceremonies. That did go on a bit long.
    It's the announcers job to hype an event, I thought they did a fine job.

You can never make some people happy no matter what you do. Some people were just born to complain. It the volume bothers you, then just use the volume adjustment on your device to adjust it to a level more acceptable to your ears. I have yet to see a device that doesn't have a way to adjust the volume.

Some people are not smart enough to figure that out

If this is the best complaint you can come up with then we'll consider the event a huge success.

No chance of ever pleasing everyone so I'm able to sleep well at night.

Happy Holidays!
    Ben

Just watched the video. Should have put plows behind the cars to prepare that cornfield for next season's crop!

yes sat. nights track was nothing like friday nights and Ben don't listen to those clowns you guys did fine program a lil stretched out but al in all a great show
    Last edited by calverton; 12-18-2016 at 01:22 PM.

My only complaint about the broadcast would be volume control. Sometimes it seemed like they were yelling directly into the mic, then 2 seconds later you could barely hear them. Some people are going to love the announcers and some are going to hate them. It's like that in all sports (Can you believe some people even like listening to Joe Buck? Probably hillary supporters but hey it's someone)
    Loved the ability to do on track interviews and thank the drivers for being good sports and allowing it. You all did a great job at filling the neccessary down times. Looking forward to 2017.

I think cooter and ptown were disappointed that they weren't allowed in the fun lol

Working in an open air booth like that can be a challenge - much less one that's inside an enclosed building where the car noise is confined. At times mics are catching more of the car sounds and the next thing they are capturing the announcers voice almost exclusively. Like I said all weekend this was a work in progress and we tweaked on things continually trying to figure out what did and didn't work.

Thanks again for the support.

- Ben

It's the announcers job to announce, and they did a great job! Now, if they had someone actually matching levels, that'd be even better yet, but I'm not complaining!

Sorry Ben you were screaming in the mic, Dustin was not, it had nothing to do with an open air booth. I suppose you were trying to add some level of excitement that really wasn't needed. I did turn the volume down but then had to turn it back up to hear what was being said, kind of like when a loud commercial comes on. Sorry if I hurt your feelings.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter Davenport View Post
    The racing at Gateway was a huge success, but what's up with Shelton and Jarrett playing @ss grab with each other all night? This was the biggest stage ever for Dirt Late Models & Modifieds and these two acted like little school girls all weekend..... making fun of everyone from competitors, fans and fellow broadcasters???
    Thumbs up---You're @$$ all weekend is my guess. Trying to tickle your brain?

It's ok ptown we can still be friends even if we don't agree.

Have a good one.

- Ben

The racing at Gateway was a huge success
    It looked "okay" on video, but not what I would call great or huge, just slightly better than I expected.

This was the biggest stage ever for Dirt Late Models & Modifieds and these two acted like little school girls all weekend.....
    This in my view wasn't the biggest stage ever, I think Bristol in 00' and 01' with UDTRA was far better, that and they've run DLM's indoors before, in the Pontiac Silverdome. This was a novel redux with the addition of the mods, but in all honesty the DLM's are too large to race at their best hemmed up like that. It works for midgets because they are so small, but I don't see this becoming the DLM Chilibowl. In the end thats the best thing I can say about it, "Eh, it was novel."
    Politically Incorrect.