Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Page/Baird to team for 17

Michael Page and Troy Baird to team for 2017, with sweet/bloomquist chassis and Durham Fords under the hood.

I watched Michael for the first time at the world 100, and he really impressed me. First time being there, and he placed in the top 10. Excellent news, for a small time guy guy getting a good ride.

Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post
    Michael Page and Troy Baird to team for 2017, with sweet/bloomquist chassis and Durham Fords under the hood.

I watched Michael for the first time at the world 100, and he really impressed me. First time being there, and he placed in the top 10. Excellent news, for a small time guy guy getting a good ride.
    Hopefully it works out for him. Definitely a good opportunity, just gotta make sure he gets good results right away.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

So does this mean Baird won't be sponsoring Davenport in 2017?

Quote Originally Posted by dalemcfan View Post
    So does this mean Baird won't be sponsoring Davenport in 2017?

Pretty sure you are correct.
    Baird seems to pull the plug on guys he has sponcored in the past. Hope it stays together.
    THE REAL SLIDING SIDEWAYS!

He better win every time out or you can add his name to the long list of Baird drivers that don't work out.

Page deserved this ride but one problem with Baird is he wants you to come to him to work on the cars. I know of at least 2 drivers who drove for him who left because it was just too much of a hassle with all the driving plus I get the vibe that he does expect you to win every race. No doubt it's all top notch equipment but his expectations might be a little unrelastic.

Hope it works for them. Are they running a series?
    If I havent offended you please be patient Ill get to you as soon as I can...... and yes Im a Bloomquist fan...deal w it!!! WWG1WGA!!!

Thumbs down

Baird. No driver has ever been satisfactory, and none ever will.

Maybe Mr. Baird should climb in, strap in, and show 'em how it's done (Yeah right...).
    Because Dirt's for Racin'...

All I seen in the press release was, he would be at the ice bowl, and the rest of the schedule would be released soon.

Heard Baird was all set to bank roll wright-davenport,new hauler 2 cars 3 clements motors he ask barry for a price quote for a new car for Page and was quoted pretty much full price which pissed Baird off so he pulled the plug on the deal.

Quote Originally Posted by tsand View Post
    Heard Baird was all set to bank roll wright-davenport,new hauler 2 cars 3 clements motors he ask barry for a price quote for a new car for Page and was quoted pretty much full price which pissed Baird off so he pulled the plug on the deal.
    I was wondering what happened w that deal.

He had a new hauler for the #6 but they never got it. And was sticking w jd when he moved to bw.
    Thanks for info

The cars are being prepared at our team 18x shop. the first car is ready and the 2nd one will soon be ready. the schedule should be announced shortly. Michael is a great guy and an outstanding driver and is much deserving and appreciative of this opportunity.

Page impressed me this past year at the World 100. That was my first time seeing him race. However, Baird doesn't stick with guys very long so who knows how this will end up. Overton was running really well in his stuff a few years ago and he pulled the plug. Had that team stayed together, i think Brandon would have had some big races on his resume by now.

Warriorracerg9 when can we see the new car???

Quote Originally Posted by MJD1rtBurner View Post
    Warriorracerg9 when can we see the new car???
    The guy is unreasonable. With all the competition you can't win every time out.

There prolly better off w/o baird as he wants to have 100% input. Barrys a smart bussiness man and prolly did the right thing.

I know Baird has a trucking company and sponsored Davenport, but being a fairly new DLM fan, can someone give me an abreviated history of his involvement in the sport????

Barry doesn't "DO" deals to my knowledge. Everybody pays full freight, even Bloomer did. Its also what usually leads to splitting, but you can't be doing "friend deals" in racing or you'll get raped, daily. I admire Barry's devotion to drawing a hard line. I know anytime I offered to help someone with what I know on shocks a little, from then on they expected free everything, calling all the time, showing up at the house anytime. This is why I don't answer PM's regarding shocks anymore, everybody wants free what I took years to learn. Its nothing personal, its just business. The way its gotta be.
    Politically Incorrect.

Quote Originally Posted by Pennsboro23 View Post
    Page impressed me this past year at the World 100. That was my first time seeing him race. However, Baird doesn't stick with guys very long so who knows how this will end up. Overton was running really well in his stuff a few years ago and he pulled the plug. Had that team stayed together, i think Brandon would have had some big races on his resume by now.
    I agree with you, but ironically, I think maybe this ended up working out best for Brandon in the long run. I think the team he's with right now is far superior. However, he may have never had that opportunity if the Fair Deal had not gone South.

Somebody else will be in the Baird ride or the ride won't exist anymore by June. Yeah, it's always high end stuff, but Troy Baird has racing ADD unlike anybody else I've ever seen.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!