Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Bayko View Post
    Somebody else will be in the Baird ride or the ride won't exist anymore by June. Yeah, it's always high end stuff, but Troy Baird has racing ADD unlike anybody else I've ever seen.
    Is this the same guy that hired Ross Bailes a couple of seasons ago, had a Bloomquist car, but wouldn't provide any help. Seems like he quit because it was so UN-managible, is this the same team?
    Politically Incorrect.

I believe you are correct.RLH was in it at one time also,it seems like Davenport was in it for a brief time after Hollingsworth.

Quote Originally Posted by BTExpress View Post
    I know Baird has a trucking company and sponsored Davenport, but being a fairly new DLM fan, can someone give me an abreviated history of his involvement in the sport????
    The Baird transport name has been around for a good while. He's sponsored several drivers in the south since he's been involved. He's been on with Madden. Hollingsworth, and Davenport are just a few names that I can think of. He ain't skeered to toss some money around. He's fielded cars for Steve Shaver, Overton, and Ross Bailes. I think Shaver was only in the car for just a couple races, then Overton replaced him.

He's played the chassis game a lot too with both Club and Longhorn cars not too long ago.

He even had a couple of the really old Bloomquist chassis. The one he had was one Rambo drove for Hamrick out of the SC region years ago. It was the one Overton drove at dtwc 2 years ago. I guess we can say that car was built Ford tough.

They were for sale, not sure if they sold or not.

Steed bonnet that's the dumbest thing anybody has every said on here. Baird isn't somebody off the street. He had already committed a half a million dollars of equipment for this year for davenport and barry. That don't include the money he spent of them the first time he backed barry and jonathan a few years ago. You say you build shocks so your saying that if someone told you they will pay all your bills but they would like a set of shocks free you wouldn't do it. Hell barry could have given the man the car free and still would have been 400 thousands dollars ahead.

Ronnie Lee Hollingsworth
    Davenport
    Travis Pennington
    William Thomas
    Chip Brindle
    Steve Shaver
    Overton
    Ross Bailes
    Kyle Bronson
    Page

I'm sure I've left off someone.

I would also be surprised for this deal to last any length of time but think Micheal is deserving of this opportunity. I feel confident that he will make a good showing that will hopefully lead to more opportunities for him.

Cool

I wonder how long Page will be in that ride before he gets "Bairded"??
    Because Dirt's for Racin'...

Talking Nobody ride$ for free...(No Coupons, No Discounts)

Quote Originally Posted by tsand View Post
    Steed bonnet that's the dumbest thing anybody has every said on here. Baird isn't somebody off the street. He had already committed a half a million dollars of equipment for this year for davenport and barry. That don't include the money he spent of them the first time he backed barry and jonathan a few years ago. You say you build shocks so your saying that if someone told you they will pay all your bills but they would like a set of shocks free you wouldn't do it. Hell barry could have given the man the car free and still would have been 400 thousands dollars ahead.
    It's funny you picked my thread as the one that angered you since no one has yet said anything nice about Baird. I took up for Barry and that set you off, wow. But lets get this straight, Baird didn't give Barry $500K, he ordered 2 cars and from whats being said and wanted a deal on a third for another guy. I've never met Baird, only read of his exploits and they are entertaining. I admire Barry, I've always been a Barry Wright Race Cars man, I've had 2 of them, but everyone in my area(45 mins from Barry) knows how it works at his shop and Judy is gonna make sure everyone pays whats expected, no discounts that I am aware of. It may be dumb to you, but when your business is in the racing world everybody wants to be your friend, hoping for the buddy pricing... Best of luck on YOUR endeavors.
    Last edited by Stede Bonnet; 12-20-2016 at 09:59 AM.
    Politically Incorrect.

I am gonna agree with the amount of money he was gonna give them they should have gave him a deal. To me it was not very smart business on Wright end hell the hauler and trailer if new was probably close to 500 thousand. I will call DUM ASS on this one.Probably 15 to 20 grand in parts and materials in a new car plus labor not very smart

If Baird will let Page do his thing they should do well. He won in about 4 or 5 different brand chassis last year he has the magic touch on a grt like no one I have seen .

Quote Originally Posted by RW57 View Post
    If Baird will let Page do his thing they should do well. He won in about 4 or 5 different brand chassis last year he has the magic touch on a grt like no one I have seen .
    We work hard on the cars. there are 4 of us in our shop and Michael is definitely the "brains" behind the operation but its mostly just hard work. we work on these cars everyday and have a maintenance schedule second to none.

That's what I'm saying barry could have sold the car at his cost and not lost any money on the deal. If Baird just bought 1 motor for barry it would have covered any profit he would had made on the car. As it is now the lost of Troy is money they will never recover. Your right about Barry he's a business man so unless he finds someone to replace Baird it will be a short season for him and JD because Barry is not going to spend his money to run a house car.

Thumbs up

Look at J.D.'s new BWRC "Icon" car. I don't see hide nor hair of Baird's name on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Slideways View Post
    Look at J.D.'s new BWRC "Icon" car. I don't see hide nor hair of Baird's name on it.
    If it's the crate you are referring to, that was someone else's car

Quote Originally Posted by tsand View Post
    That's what I'm saying barry could have sold the car at his cost and not lost any money on the deal. If Baird just bought 1 motor for barry it would have covered any profit he would had made on the car. As it is now the lost of Troy is money they will never recover. Your right about Barry he's a business man so unless he finds someone to replace Baird it will be a short season for him and JD because Barry is not going to spend his money to run a house car.
    Pretty sure Barry Wright's been around the block a time or two. He probably has a good handle on how to run his business after 40 years or so of building winning race cars.

Also pretty sure he will race as much as he wants to this season. No doubt they'll race well into the fall if not later.

I think theres more to it than what their saying. Maybe Baird wanted more say so and instead of anyone saying his an ahole they found a polite way to let fans know. My opinion
    If I havent offended you please be patient Ill get to you as soon as I can...... and yes Im a Bloomquist fan...deal w it!!! WWG1WGA!!!

You're right cutman, I think I was looking at photos of the crate car from Savannah.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtdobber45 View Post
    I think theres more to it than what their saying. Maybe Baird wanted more say so and instead of anyone saying his an ahole they found a polite way to let fans know. My opinion
    With that much sponcer money baird would want to be in control and barry has gone down that road w cbr plus its his bussiness.
    THE REAL SLIDING SIDEWAYS!