Thumbs up Gateway 2017 - 2018. Word is the race is contracted for al least 2 more years..

Gateway Dirt Nationals 2017 - 1018
    Word is the race in St. Louis is contracted for at least 2 more years.

ALSO - Just seen a post from Atomic Speedway stating that they will pay the entry fee for the 2017 Late Model & Modified track champions into the 2017 race and will also purchases a couple sets of tickets and raffle them off as the 2017 season goes along. We will do 5 raffle tickets for $1 so lucky fans could head to St. Louis for just $1.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - Rumble in Ft Wayne. Indoor Midget show. Sat., 12/30/23
    2023 Season: Tracks 13 & Races 40 & States AL, IL, IN, NC, OH, WI
    Brownstown (IN) 2, Eldora (OH) 3, Fairbury (IL) 9, Grundy County (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 7, Kokomo (IN) 2, Lincoln (IL) 1, Shadyhill (IN) 6, Spoon River (IL) 1, Talladega Short Track (AL) 3, The Dirt Track at Charlotte (NC) 3, & Wilmot (WI) 1

that's great if it's true

That would be awesome, I'd book my tickets now if it's true

Why didn't they mention it at the races?

probably had to crunch some numbers

Quote Originally Posted by calverton View Post
    probably had to crunch some numbers
    With in 1 day?

While I hope it returns again next year, there are a lot of things that could potentially derail it. For example, the convention center leaders might be turned off by having dirt all over the place, they might want more money next time, etc.

Also, the content in the following articles could potentially have an effect on whether it returns:

http://thecurrent-online.com/ae/rams...e-in-a-pickle/

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/g...88113026e.html (I don't think this is likely at all)

Fairly common for a convention or show facility to offer an attractive first year fee to incentivize a promoter to test the waters. The promoter may even have a right to renew an additional one or two years at a pre-determined cost. Worst thing that can happen at times is if it is successful, the facility then will raise fees for events beyond the initial agreement. It's capitalism pure and simple. I have no idea what the overall demand for dates is with the Dome. Know the Sport Show in February occupies a fraction of what it used to but that is partially related to increased on-line buying habits of that customer base.