Default ??? Mark Kinzer Carl Kinzer

Just wondering what Mark is doing for a living ???? Doesn't he ever drive, even for fun ? What is Karl doing ? thanks, I'm behind on news
    Jim Hanson
    Pine City, Minnesota

Mark Kinser has been retired for several years now. I'm working on strictly memory now and I wanna' say he doesn't go to races or has anything to do with racing anymore. He pretty much quit cold turkey. The last I heard he was working at the family saw mill and it's been said he was driving a school bus. That information is at least 6 or 7 years old and it's all I can remember.

Karl Kinser would be around 77-78 years old now. The last I heard about Karl is that he works on classic cars in his shop. Like Mark he has virtually nothing to do with racing. Long live Karl Kinser!!

The Kinser family has done more for racing in general and more specifically dirt open wheel racing than about any family in the history of the sport. I have never been a fan of wings on sprint cars but the whole Kinser clan pretty much made it what it is today.

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    Mark Kinser has been retired for several years now. I'm working on strictly memory now and I wanna' say he doesn't go to races or has anything to do with racing anymore. He pretty much quit cold turkey. The last I heard he was working at the family saw mill and it's been said he was driving a school bus. That information is at least 6 or 7 years old and it's all I can remember.

Karl Kinser would be around 77-78 years old now. The last I heard about Karl is that he works on classic cars in his shop. Like Mark he has virtually nothing to do with racing. Long live Karl Kinser!!

The Kinser family has done more for racing in general and more specifically dirt open wheel racing than about any family in the history of the sport. I have never been a fan of wings on sprint cars but the whole Kinser clan pretty much made it what it is today.
    Saw them both at the National Sprint Car Hall of Fame when Mark was inducted in 2014.

Mark indicated that he was done with racing and he HAS TO STAY AWAY or he'll want to do it again even though he feels he can no longer be competitive, only things he missed were the people and fans (didn't miss the travel or politics). Indicated that his last year in racing he had a couple major concussions and he feels that it made him "lose a step" and he could no longer compete for wins and instead could only compete for a top 10 or maybe a top 5 and if he can't compete for wins he doesn't want to race.
    At that time his son Cody was a High School Junior and Mark seemed to enjoy being able to spend time with his family without the rigors of a full-time job and he was just doing what he wanted to do nowadays. Indicated that he invested his winnings over the years which allowed him to do so.

Karl looked the same as he did when (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) Gaines won the Knoxville Nationals in 1974 (Karl's 1st of 14 titles as a car owner (in 26 years, so they averaged a win every 2 years during that stretch, unbelievable stats only rivaled by Tony Stewart Racing in the years since (10 out of last 16). Karl indicated he just worked on old cars back home in Oolitic, IN these days and enjoying life.

thanks much

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by vande077 View Post
    Saw them both at the National Sprint Car Hall of Fame when Mark was inducted in 2014.

Mark indicated that he was done with racing and he HAS TO STAY AWAY or he'll want to do it again even though he feels he can no longer be competitive, only things he missed were the people and fans (didn't miss the travel or politics). Indicated that his last year in racing he had a couple major concussions and he feels that it made him "lose a step" and he could no longer compete for wins and instead could only compete for a top 10 or maybe a top 5 and if he can't compete for wins he doesn't want to race.
    At that time his son Cody was a High School Junior and Mark seemed to enjoy being able to spend time with his family without the rigors of a full-time job and he was just doing what he wanted to do nowadays. Indicated that he invested his winnings over the years which allowed him to do so.

Karl looked the same as he did when (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) Gaines won the Knoxville Nationals in 1974 (Karl's 1st of 14 titles as a car owner (in 26 years, so they averaged a win every 2 years during that stretch, unbelievable stats only rivaled by Tony Stewart Racing in the years since (10 out of last 16). Karl indicated he just worked on old cars back home in Oolitic, IN these days and enjoying life.
    Wow, thanks for sharing and I completely understand their POV. What year did Mark retire? Seems like I saw another Kinser running Non-wing sprints(my favorite too) in Indiana on the "Dirty 30" show on LucasOilTV, wasn't bad either.
    Politically Incorrect.