Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: J.d.

Quote Originally Posted by HoosierDirtFan View Post
    Any bets on JD making the Chili Bowl A-Main on Saturday?
    Not a chance in H-E- double toothpicks. Possibly one of the hardest A Mains of the year to make.
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    Not a chance in H-E- double toothpicks. Possibly one of the hardest A Mains of the year to make.
    I totally agree Hustler no way he makes the A-main on Saturday their are a lot of drivers that do this all the time that won't make the show so no dadgum way that's going to happen
    I am what I am

Im pretty sure no one gave McCreadie a chance in hell to make the show and he won it! Still one of the greatest upsets in auto racing history imo.

It will be entertaining to watch hom give it a go im a quality ride. Just making either A main will be an accomplishment!

Here's a short article with Davenport's thoughts on it- http://speed51.com/superman-davenpor...owl-nationals/

This IS the hardest race to make without a doubt!!

Quote Originally Posted by stock car driver View Post
    Anyone can RENT a ride for the chili bowl, nobody FINDS one. They pay for it just like in NAscrap now.
    While a few guys may rent their rides, the vast majority of them own their own cars.

I'm with highside hustler in this one. I'd bet a dollar to a donut that JD could end up crashed out. Lightweight cars with no fenders are a different ballgame fellas. One mistake and your on your lid. If he pulls the move he put on Erb, he is counting the lights. I'm in zero ways doubting his ability and car control but JD is aggressive. Open wheel cars call for more of a controlled aggression. You can't just throw a hard right hand. You gotta come in behind a stiff jab and keep those hands up so to speak. I would love to see him leave with the upset but I'm betting he is over a 300-1 dog to win the bowl fellas!

I think he'll do pretty good but with the quality of drivers that's there it's hard to make the A-main on Saturday then IF you do it's sho nuff hard to get to the front I'm doubt it happens but good luck superman
    I am what I am

Hope he stays safe...got a feeling he going to cant a rut and flip...
    If I havent offended you please be patient Ill get to you as soon as I can...... and yes Im a Bloomquist fan...deal w it!!! WWG1WGA!!!

he's not going there to run the F main that's for sure it's tough gig but you never know

I think he will do great. Ill be watching.

Quote Originally Posted by george w View Post
    Got em a chili bowl ride, driving for Daum motorsports per superman nation on fb ....zack daum finished 3rd last year so solid ride I'd say? how awesome!! Best of luck!
    There's probably a post that tells when but missed it I guess,so when is the chili bowl

January 9 is when it get's started.

they don't call them lil flip and flops for nothing

I believe the odds before any adjustments for quality of car or skill level would be 12-1. That is a long shot by any standard. So that would be a sucker bet, no matter who the driver is. You could bet the field won't make it and come out ahead, purely by odds. There will be around 275 of the 300 that won't make the show. There are a few ringers that should be even money. Their skill, equipment and past performance gives them a advantage. I would think, one of the hardest things to adapt to, going from a LM to a Midget, would be throttle control when sitting so up right with your legs tucked under you. Can't you still hear that one special teacher saying, 'Sit up in that chair young man and don't slouch". "Don't sprawl your feet all over the place. This isn't a obstacle course for the people walking around you". I believe that teacher designed the drivers area in a Midget or Sprint car. Try sitting like this and pretend to use gas and brake. Unless your very limber, it's hard to do. Especially with long ark throttle pedals that help throttle control.

They're going to have a record amount of cars this year. 344 as of today with more entries coming in daily. Record was 349 last year. This event is massive and getting tougher every year.

Anyone know where can ppv the whole event and stream to my TV? Got smart TV in garage and wanna use it. It's roku if that matters
    Last edited by Jim11h; 12-22-2016 at 12:40 PM. Reason: Added

Lucas Oil Racing TV is showing the final night live with a subscription

racinboys.com has PPV all week. On Saturday they usually stream up until the MAVTV live coverage starts at 7:30

Quote Originally Posted by fryefan View Post
    While a few guys may rent their rides, the vast majority of them own their own cars.
    I am not sure that is an accurate statement.

Interesting, I think he will either run really well, or trash it and be done.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Quote Originally Posted by calverton View Post
    Zach daum has top notch rides
    Who's that, sounds like a German?