Default To all you nay sayers give it a chance

I said the track stood a good chance of getting rough. We would have a adequate track at best. I'll stand by that. The track wasn't that good. It's no ones fault, just a thing that goes with dirt over concrete for make shift track. I said the promoters didn't give us enough information about format, times and it turns out they forgot to give the teams info about pay outs. When it was said, this will sell out, I said if you show up, they will sell you a ticket. They had a great crowd, but not great enough to sell out. Probably 30k 40k short. Now, was that Nay Say or a heads up?

I realize this is homer area to some, but no matter how much you talk it up it call attention to it and it was only a So So race by any standard. It's almost like the guy that got caught fooling with the neighbor lady and his wife caught him. He says, "You going to believe me or your lying eyes."

One mans dream is a another mans Nightmare....
    If you loved it so be it ..If you did not thats life....

i think everybody is just happy to see lms in december and glad to see it was much better than some predicted. i think now thats its over and it wasnt a total trainwreck we can see the potential for the next one to make it better.i think they were taking notes and learned a few things for next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubstr View Post
    I said the track stood a good chance of getting rough. We would have a adequate track at best. I'll stand by that. The track wasn't that good. It's no ones fault, just a thing that goes with dirt over concrete for make shift track. I said the promoters didn't give us enough information about format, times and it turns out they forgot to give the teams info about pay outs. When it was said, this will sell out, I said if you show up, they will sell you a ticket. They had a great crowd, but not great enough to sell out. Probably 30k 40k short. Now, was that Nay Say or a heads up?

I realize this is homer area to some, but no matter how much you talk it up it call attention to it and it was only a So So race by any standard. It's almost like the guy that got caught fooling with the neighbor lady and his wife caught him. He says, "You going to believe me or your lying eyes."
    They definitely did their best to hype it up. From claiming it was close to being sold out, to posting entries 3-4 names at a time all summer and to have few of those top tier drivers actually show makes you wonder if those said drivers ever committed to this race or not.
    I am not bashing this event. I am glad it was or claimed to be a success. I will say this though, to the ones that thought this race was off the hook, you should really make the trip to Macon and actually see some real racing and passing. My opinion is that it was like racing at Macon in slow motion.
    8/13/16

10 .8 was fast time Thursday night

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    They definitely did their best to hype it up. From claiming it was close to being sold out, to posting entries 3-4 names at a time all summer and to have few of those top tier drivers actually show makes you wonder if those said drivers ever committed to this race or not.
    I am not bashing this event. I am glad it was or claimed to be a success. I will say this though, to the ones that thought this race was off the hook, you should really make the trip to Macon and actually see some real racing and passing. My opinion is that it was like racing at Macon in slow motion.
    Great post. I still say the track was to wet Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by calverton View Post
    10 .8 was fast time Thursday night
    Hey, mr. face plant, you wouldn't know fast time from a hemorrhoid.

yes I would I was there how about you and ptown you were not there they over worked the track and didn't pack it pack in they did n't water that much but that 's what the vp wetter track directions say to do

Quote Originally Posted by muddy mike View Post
    i think everybody is just happy to see lms in december and glad to see it was much better than some predicted. i think now thats its over and it wasnt a total trainwreck we can see the potential for the next one to make it better.i think they were taking notes and learned a few things for next year.
    excellent post

I was there.

Best post of the thread. There isn't a more important subject in our sport today than making new fans.

I couldn't care less about bolded, capped, underlined screaming posts. We got another Crown Jewel. Big whoop.
    RACE HARD RACE OFTEN

Quote Originally Posted by calverton View Post
    Maybe they don't want to read those sites!!!! lol

Esp whiners like you

Nay! Nay! Nay!!!!

you don't count you don't like anything now go cry on your ted cruz pillow

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    I was there.
    Sure you were