Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Default Happy Birthday To The Greatest NASCAR Driver Of Them All!!

Mr. David Pearson is 82 years old today. The Silver Fox was the best to ever set in the seat of a NASCAR Cup car and spend his whole career in a Cup car. I'd have to rate Mario and A.J. as better all around drivers but when it comes to Cup cars, Mr. Pearson is the best that's ever been!!

Happy birthday David, we hope you're feeling good and enjoying yourself on your special day.

Happy Birthday Mr.Pearson
    If I havent offended you please be patient Ill get to you as soon as I can...... and yes Im a Bloomquist fan...deal w it!!! WWG1WGA!!!

I was too young to remember but my dad worked with him on a Cup team!

He was a heckuva wheelman!
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

Happy birthday Mr Pearson.... Of course you know CIRF, Pearson said if he was hiring a driver today, (and this was a few years ago) it would be Kyle Busch.....LOL... I'm looking for that quote, but I can't remember the program so it will take me a while...

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    Mr. David Pearson is 82 years old today. The Silver Fox was the best to ever set in the seat of a NASCAR Cup car and spend his whole career in a Cup car. I'd have to rate Mario and A.J. as better all around drivers but when it comes to Cup cars, Mr. Pearson is the best that's ever been!!

Happy birthday David, we hope you're feeling good and enjoying yourself on your special day.

Happy Birthday to the Silver Fox! Man i remember how good that man was in a Cup Car but CIRF old Buddy we are gonna have to agree to disagree on him being the Best ever to set in the seat of a Cup Car.... I do Believe that that Honor goes to a young Man who is no longer with us and that would be Davey Allison.... He was so talented and could put a Cup Car anywhere he needed it to be and could make a hole to drive thru without ever touching a soul to boot.... But if i had to say even though i'm a diehard Jeff Goordon fan that today's ultimate Race Car Driver would have to be Kyle Busch.... Not because i like him because i don't he is an arrogant little prick to be quite Honest but he is the best wheelman in the business right now Hands down!Now give them a couple more yr's to ripen up a little on the track and it will be a toss up between Chase Elliot and Ryan Blaney... Just my 2 cent's on the subject and that's only because i have only 2 pennies in my pocket for change and a fist full of $50's
    If you can't race it or take it to bed! It ain't worth having!

Quote Originally Posted by Nasty55 View Post
    Happy Birthday to the Silver Fox! Man i remember how good that man was in a Cup Car but CIRF old Buddy we are gonna have to agree to disagree on him being the Best ever to set in the seat of a Cup Car.... I do Believe that that Honor goes to a young Man who is no longer with us and that would be Davey Allison.... He was so talented and could put a Cup Car anywhere he needed it to be and could make a hole to drive thru without ever touching a soul to boot.... But if i had to say even though i'm a diehard Jeff Goordon fan that today's ultimate Race Car Driver would have to be Kyle Busch.... Not because i like him because i don't he is an arrogant little prick to be quite Honest but he is the best wheelman in the business right now Hands down!Now give them a couple more yr's to ripen up a little on the track and it will be a toss up between Chase Elliot and Ryan Blaney... Just my 2 cent's on the subject and that's only because i have only 2 pennies in my pocket for change and a fist full of $50's
    Yes Davey had the potential to become great but don't forget that the big Fords of The Silver Foxes had to be wrestled around a lot harder than the aerodynamic cars of Allisons era.

Quote Originally Posted by Raceready View Post
    Yes Davey had the potential to become great but don't forget that the big Fords of The Silver Foxes had to be wrestled around a lot harder than the aerodynamic cars of Allisons era.

This is true Raceready and The silver fox was a drivers driver thats for sure... I wasnt taking anything away from Pearson at all. I wish Davey hadnt of died as young as he did because im sure he would of been right up there with Petty and Earnhardt in wins and championships...
    If you can't race it or take it to bed! It ain't worth having!

Quote Originally Posted by mudslinger47 View Post
    Happy birthday Mr Pearson.... Of course you know CIRF, Pearson said if he was hiring a driver today, (and this was a few years ago) it would be Kyle Busch.....LOL... I'm looking for that quote, but I can't remember the program so it will take me a while...
    Don't know what an overrated pee wee herman lookalike has to do with Mr. Pearson's 82nd birthday. Are you commenting on the correct thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Nasty55 View Post
    Nasty, I can't and won't disagree with you on Davey Allison. I'm only going by the numbers, but tragically Davey wasn't able to fulfill what appeared to have the solid makings of a record setting Cup career.

As far as hard facts and numbers go pee wee jr. is hardly a blip on the radar but Nasty, your opinion is worth as much as anyone else's, prolly substantially more than mine! LOL!!

Pee wee jr. has just one championship, and that single championship is illegitimate in the eyes of anyone who has an ounce of objectivity about themselves. Any speculation as to how great pee wee jr. is, or will be, cannot be backed up with hard cold facts and is strictly a subjective opinion that cannot be proven.

This thread was a birthday thread for Mr. Pearson originally hijacked by the resident head of the pee wee jr. nuthugger society but I'll take the bait and conclude by saying pee wee jr. couldn't carry David Pearson's helmet bag. He also couldn't carry Jimmie Johnson's dirty, sweaty fire resistant underwear.

JJ.....80 Cup wins, 7 legitimate championships in the shortest period of years in history and a very good person.

pee wee jr.....46 Cup wins, 1 totally illegitimate championship and is undeniably a mannerless, classless, disrespectful wimp that was failed miserably in regards to an adequate upbringing.

Ya'll can be the judge of the numbers and facts!! I reckon 'nuff said.

In todays standards those were legitimate championships but not the old fashion way. Sorry to hi jacked your thread CIRF but I just had to put my opinion on that comment.
    If I havent offended you please be patient Ill get to you as soon as I can...... and yes Im a Bloomquist fan...deal w it!!! WWG1WGA!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dirtdobber45 View Post
    In todays standards those were legitimate championships but not the old fashion way. Sorry to hi jacked your thread CIRF but I just had to put my opinion on that comment.
    Not a problem and no apology is necessary dd45, the thread was hi-jacked by post #4, you only went with the flow. Besides that I've done more than my share of hi-jacking other people's threads.

I would, however, wholeheartedly agree that Cup/Grand National championships won post 2003 are just a bit less significant and do not carry the degree of legitimacy as 2003 and before.

With that said it is impossible to give less credence to Jimmie given his win total (80) in so few races (543) and the 5 championships in a row and 7 in just 11 seasons. Driver of the year in '06, '07, '09, '10 and '13 along with being voted Associated Press Male Athlete of the Year in 2009! NOW THOSE ARE SOME IMPRESSIVE NUMBERS regardless how gimmicked up the championship format is. Not to mention he's a first class person and a quality individual in every way, which can't be said about all that many drivers these days. Due respect and deference given to Mr. Pearson, who is the subject in the first place.

However, a championship won while competing in less than 2/3's of the season is just about as illegitimate as it gets. At least to those with a fair-minded outlook.

I understand and I do root for KB but I didnt like how he won his championship. But how NASCRAP set the chase rules he took advantage and succeeded. Thats the biggest reason I dont watch it anymore...its BS

Somebody call me ?

IF I was hiring a driver today it would be Kyle Busch.

Happy Birthday DAVID, and you are the greatest driver ever in Nascar IMO

Quote Originally Posted by TS FAN View Post

Good call KB Fan!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dirtdobber45 View Post
    I understand and I do root for KB but I didnt like how he won his championship. But how NASCRAP set the chase rules he took advantage and succeeded. Thats the biggest reason I dont watch it anymore...its BS
    This is true. Gimmicked up nonsense. I do still watch most of the races at my convenience because of DVR. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_Wetter View Post
    Good call KB Fan!!!
    LOL, its close. I am pretty high on another Kyle too. Love that kid.

There can only be one possible reason to hire a driver with as insignificant a record as pee wee jr. over one of the greatest drivers of any era and a quality human being of the caliber of Jimmie Johnson. That would be due to age. Jimmie has many less years left and I don't see Jimmie hanging on past the time has passed that he should retire. It has to be age since the numbers and results just aren't there for little pee wee jr.

Power, we're still curious as to why you are such an adamant Jimmie Johnson hater. It never ceases to amaze how someone like yourself, who is still a big NASCAR fan can hold any sort of legitimate contempt for a great driver and by all accounts a superb human being as is Jimmie. Baffling.

And here we go. Just for you CIRF. A Christmas present. You were just dying for me to post something that would result in Jimmie Johnson response. LOLOLOLOL
    People do have different opinions. LOLOLOLOL
    If the 48 would have had been the number 18 they way he won the championship, you would have been screaming. LOLOLOL
    By the way, what really did make me mad about that last race was this. That was Kyle Larson's race to win, but he had to let the 48 win because he did not want to be the story in case they would have wrecked on that last restart. There is your gimmicked up chase for you.
    Merry Christmas

I almost forgot. CIRF you should go to Nascar.com and see what that hated, awful Kyle Busch has done now

LOL, its close. I am pretty high on another Kyle too. Love that kid.
    Kyle Petty