Default Crane Ignition Boxes

Anybody else see that the adjustable crane ignition boxes have to be "sealed" and will no longer be legal after next season? My question is why don't they do the same with the crate then? It's essentially the same thing as Mullins coming out and saying they will cheat up your crate. The digital ignition systems are an easy check. Simply change the dials and ensure they match the reading...Now I will have to buy a new box, one for my crate and one for my open. What are other's people thoughts on this?

The crane boxes before a certain date you can start your car with it set to 6800 and then turn the dials to 6400 and it doesn't recognize the 6400 change until AFTER you shut down and re start.... like if you toggle the power across the finish line before tech.

This has been known for YEARS and YEARS.

We have known about this flaw since IMCA started running the crate they just chose to ignore it and unscrupulous businesses like KArl chevyrolet pushed the crane boxes for this reason.

Thanks SCD. How does a guy get into the "know" for this kinda stuff? Guess I need to win more races...

I think once you win enough, maybe people think your cheating also since they are and your beating them? so then they open up and share about their cheating because they view it as US racers against the sanction or tech or rules..

I sold out in the spring. IMCA and the constant rules changes and bs lack of teching, known cheating was too much for me. This crane box is a perfect example. They've known about it for YEARS.