Default doug nash Q/C 2 speed dirt track transmission

any body know any thing bout these,..thinking bout buying one but cant find no info on them????
    white trash motorsports

any body even herd of one??? any thing???
    white trash motorsports

I'd be surprised if anyone has ran one in a LM in the last 10 years. Hard to beat the reliability of a Bert or Brinn.

I used these many years ago. They are a nice quality piece. The main advantage is that you can run a very lightweight rear end. If I remember right, the rear end (just loaded center section and aluminum tubes) weighed around 65#. The main disadvantage is you have to run a clutch on the motor and you have to drop the driveshaft every time you change gears.

They were the hot thing in the mid 80s. When the Bert and Brinn trannys came out, they disappeared. They had 2 high gears that were about 20 points apart so you could change gears in the middle of the race. I don't know if I would run one now, unless you weren't allowed to run a quickchange rear, and were looking for a way to change gears easier. There probably aren't any parts available for them. If you are doing it to save money because you found one cheap, the clutch, bellhousing and slider driveshaft will make up the cost difference.

we ran one in the mid 90s in a super street type car , had great luck with it. they were originally built for modifieds, the advantage is even the main gear ratios can be changed, they were mostly used on 100 lap races and the advantage was you could run it in 1st gear to start the race and when the track started to go away you could shift to 2nd and go to a higher ratio and help keep the car hooked up , i changed my 1st gear ratio to a lower ratio so it would take off easier and only ran it in high, it also used regular quick change gears in the tail section so you could adjust your final drive. I still have mine but have plans for it. there was one on racing junk back in the summer , you could check, they may still have it.

thanks for the info,..im on the fence bout probably get gone for i decide,..way it gose most time! nothing on web to be found at all so i really apprisheate the reply's!!
    white trash motorsports

Richmond and Doug Nash used to make it and no longer produce it. A company over in Europe bought the designs and produces it now. Elite Racing Transmissions. It is called the F1-2SD
    Our Creed: "Where two or more are gathered, there shall be a RACE!"

They were great if you ran a 9" Ford instead of a QC. Easy to change the gears and often not even necessary with the minor gear split they had.