Unhappy Black rocket front end help.

Not much exprince with rockets.I know the black has raised frame rail but not cross member. is there an issue with them hitting the ground? Any opinion on black front would be very appreciated. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tworrick View Post
    Not much exprince with rockets.I know the black has raised frame rail but not cross member. is there an issue with them hitting the ground? Any opinion on black front would be very appreciated. Thanks
    Yes. They hit the ground a lot when you try to run a rf down type setup.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

The bolt for the strut rod @ the frame hits before the crossmember. If your run less than a 350 in the RF you should have an appropriate bump stop/travel limiter in the RF coilover.

My blackfront is an 02 and doesn't have raised frame rail or crossmember. Can't say I haven't hit the ground, but hasn't seemed to be a problem. YMMV

Rocket says they still actually sale a lot of them. They recommend 300 rf on slick. I assume that would have to be on smoother track. So if you have tum 350 up to 400. Are the cars really tight on entry. And do they keep a lot of drive in the car? I am running it as a super. Just looking for solid base line.

Rocket says they still actually sale a lot of them. They recommend 300 rf on slick. I assume that would have to be on smoother track. So if you have tum 350 up to 400. Are the cars really tight on entry. And do they keep a lot of drive in the car? I am running it as a super. Just looking for solid base line.
    They were always considered a fling and mash the gas type car. So yeah, tight on entry.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

You gotta chuck that bitch in the corner to make it turn they don't drive straight like the blues do