Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Default Where is the NASCAR CHAMPION LOL

I don't know where the 7 time champion is but what I do know is that the entry list for the 31st Chili Bowl Midget Nationals stands at 345 at this point and likely will grow larger in the days leading up to the first prelim night (Jan. 10th, 2017).

Don't that just piss you off litey! LOLOL!!!

Not one bit ,that's not kinda deal and you can have not me I like my racecars with a v8 all else just play toys and entry list don t mean sh1t it is what shows up I would take quality over quanity

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    I don't know where the 7 time champion is but what I do know is that the entry list for the 31st Chili Bowl Midget Nationals stands at 345 at this point and likely will grow larger in the days leading up to the first prelim night (Jan. 10th, 2017).

Don't that just piss you off litey! LOLOL!!!
    Are they going to Televise it this year? And I mean regular TV not pay per view... Even if its for watching at a later date, then it might be worth watching... but in person, probably not... if they could sell TV on it, then maybe they could pay a decent purse....

It's on a Chanel many people don t get

And yet some of the best racing you will ever see

Quote Originally Posted by mudslinger47 View Post
    Are they going to Televise it this year? And I mean regular TV not pay per view... Even if its for watching at a later date, then it might be worth watching... but in person, probably not... if they could sell TV on it, then maybe they could pay a decent purse....
    2017 will be the 4th year that the Saturday night finale' will be broadcast live on national TV.

This will be my 7th Chili Bowl and there is no doubt that any dirt racing fan that says it's not worth watching in person has no idea what they are talking about. If they had the room for the additional seats they could sell 25,000 tickets for each of the 5 nights.

I'm at a loss as to why anyone would concern themselves with the purse if you aren't a driver or a car owner. I've been going for many years and I have no idea what the purse is. I'm neither a driver or a car owner so the payout is immaterial to me. It's the quality of the racing all 5 nights and the significance of winning that keeps the pits and grandstands packed night after night, year after year. This XX thousand to win stuff is a mud taxi thing.

Whatever the purse is they need not pay more than they are right now. They're selling it out all 5 nights and they're setting car count records every year. It's the significance and the prestige of winning one of the two biggest dirt racing events (Knoxville Nationals is arguably as big or bigger but nothing else is in the same dirt racing league) that gets the people in the stands, cars in the pits and live TV coverage.

In reference to live television coverage, the Saturday night B-mains and the A-main finale' will be broadcast live nationally. This is not PPV it's live on MAVtv, a cable channel. The 4 prelim nights and the Saturday/Saturday night alphabet soup up to the 2 B-mains will be available for purchase to be viewed live on internet PPV through RacinBoys Broadcasting. Here's all the information needed to purchase and watch both the internet PPV and the live national cable network coverage. http://www.chilibowl.com/news/?i=43481

Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    And yet some of the best racing you will ever see
    Yep, you're right, Kid. There are events that have a purse several times larger than The Chili Bowl but it's the best dirt racing you'll see and one of the most sought after victories in all of racing. Ask Kyle Larson just how bad he wants to win it and he prolly tips restaurant servers more than The Chili Bowl pays to win! LOL!

national tv baloney people with dish network can't get it the amount of purse how much prestige this event really is that event can't even pay a good modified show

I'm at a loss as to why anyone would concern themselves with the purse if you aren't a driver or a car owner. I've been going for many years and I have no idea what the purse is. I'm neither a driver or a car owner so the payout is immaterial to me. It's the quality of the racing all 5 nights and the significance of winning that keeps the pits and grandstands packed night after night, year after year. This XX thousand to win stuff is a mud taxi thing.

Because your a stand jockey... you have no idea what it costs to race, I would just like to see the people that do the work get a decent payday.... Cedar Lake had a nationals event, paid 12K to win on Friday Night and 50 K to win Saturday Night and most of those shows pay 12 to 16 hundred just to make the show.... Those promoters are beating the racers to death and you think its OK, and that's why your a stand jockey....

Quote Originally Posted by calverton View Post
    national tv baloney people with dish network can't get it the amount of purse how much prestige this event really is that event can't even pay a good modified show

The amount of money has nothing to do with rather this event is pretigous or not but, a moron like you wouldn't have a clue. Your so jealous of this event it isn't funny

not one bit could care less real race cars have starters hey kid read mudslingers post

Quote Originally Posted by mudslinger47 View Post
    Because your a stand jockey... you have no idea what it costs to race, I would just like to see the people that do the work get a decent payday.... Cedar Lake had a nationals event, paid 12K to win on Friday Night and 50 K to win Saturday Night and most of those shows pay 12 to 16 hundred just to make the show.... Those promoters are beating the racers to death and you think its OK, and that's why your a stand jockey....
    I haven't had any money in a racing operation for almost 20 years now. I'm proud to be a stand jockey, I had my day and now we watch for the shear enjoyment of watching and The Chili Bowl provides the utmost in racing enjoyment regardless of what it pays.

The money the racers are racing for is their concern, not mine and we're gonna' keep it that way. The people who do the work on the cars that compete at The Chili Bowl appear to be very happy just to be part of what has become a racing icon event.

Huge winning purses seem to be significantly important to the run of the mill late model fan just as big haulers are, as well. None of that insures a high quality show or national prestige to the winner. It's the exposure and prestige that brings well over 300 cars to Tulsa every January and you NEVER hear any of them complaining. Do you really think racers as smart as Keith Kunz, Pete Willoughby, Andy Bondio, Sammy Swindell, Ricky Stenhouse Jr., Kyle Larson and Kasey Kahne would bother coming to Tulsa in the middle of January if the money, or lack thereof, was all that was at stake? Not on your life. It's all about winning that Golden Driller, baby!!

Those of us who have been there in the last 10 years know exactly what that means!!

As of today there are 358 separate cars entered which SMASHED the old entry record of 344 and the list is bound to grow between now and January 10th. No one forces hundreds of teams to pull all the way to Tulsa, they do it for the chance, however remote that chance may be, to win what has become one of the most significant and iconic events not just in dirt racing, but in all of racing.

and its the only open wheel show going on that weekend try that event in August lmao

not one bit could care less real race cars have starters hey kid read mudslingers post
    First off mr. brain child, it's "couldn't", not "could".

Oh, you care all right. That's clearly evident since every post you make is a stupid, incoherent attempt to somehow belittle and minimize. If you really didn't care you wouldn't follow every thread and make stupid comments over and over again.

First off mr. brain child, it's "couldn't", not "could". Oh, you care all right. That's clearly evident since every post you make is a stupid, incoherent attempt to somehow belittle and minimize. If you really didn't care you wouldn't follow every thread and make stupid comments over and over again.
    Isn't that sort of the definition of INSANITY ? Doing the same thing over and over again with the same results ? LOL !

but you haven't answered the question your highly touted chumpion was not invited to this event now why is that

First off mr. brain child, it's "couldn't", not "could".Oh, you care all right. That's clearly evident since every post you make is a stupid, incoherent attempt to somehow belittle and minimize. If you really didn't care you wouldn't follow every thread and make stupid comments over and over again.
    are you going to spank me with a ruler after school you big smart man you

Quote Originally Posted by Raceready View Post
    Isn't that sort of the definition of INSANITY ? Doing the same thing over and over again with the same results ? LOL !
    Could be from the sideway fall...or hes a parrot. Does Calvey want a cracker???
    If I havent offended you please be patient Ill get to you as soon as I can...... and yes Im a Bloomquist fan...deal w it!!! WWG1WGA!!!

are you going to spank me with a ruler after school you big smart man you
    That just dont sound right...lol
    If I havent offended you please be patient Ill get to you as soon as I can...... and yes Im a Bloomquist fan...deal w it!!! WWG1WGA!!!

On the original topic. Johnson has competed in that event in the past as I recall. It's his life and time (and he has a couple young children).

I don't blame him for not attending and after watching it once on TV, it's just racing against a clock primarily and that's not racing to me.