Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

I see what your saying Mud but CIRF is right. Its not about the money...its the prestige
    If I havent offended you please be patient Ill get to you as soon as I can...... and yes Im a Bloomquist fan...deal w it!!! WWG1WGA!!!

Saturday night pays $10,000 to the winner. For this class of car, that might be good money. They could be racing for the trophy more than the money. If it was a SLM race, you probably couldn't draw 24 winning potential cars the way things have been going in that class for the last couple of years.

Quote Originally Posted by jog49 View Post
    Saturday night pays $10,000 to the winner. For this class of car, that might be good money. They could be racing for the trophy more than the money. If it was a SLM race, you probably couldn't draw 24 winning potential cars the way things have been going in that class for the last couple of years.
    jog, I don't think there is any doubt that it's all about the Golden Driller and the exposure and prestige that goes with winning it.

The culture is vastly different in regards to SLM racing as compared to the dirt open wheel classes. What I mean is this, the midgets are part of the dirt open wheel culture that will get a very good driver noticed. And, it's been that way for a couple of decades now. Stepping stone divisions for many drivers and some have gone on to be legendary. If a driver is excessively successful in the dirt open wheel ranks that success gets him, or her, noticed by people who have the resources and juice to advance the drivers' career on to where the real money and fame is. The money at an event such as The Chili Bowl really isn't the motivating factor whether it's a career advancement or someone like Sammy who merely loves the attention given to the winner.

The SLM division seems to be more of a destination division where even the really great drivers of those machines almost universally stay in that division their whole career and make their living primarily from racing. There has been very few exceptions.

An event such as The Chili Bowl can put a driver in the limelight to the extent that some doors open for them if advancing their career is a priority. It's happened several times over the course of the history of that event. Whereas, a SLM star can win the Dream, The World and Knoxville in the same season and they win a pile of money doing so but it is very rare that it will result in a huge career advancement even if that is what the driver has ambitions towards.

Just a different culture.

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    jog, I don't think there is any doubt that it's all about the Golden Driller and the exposure and prestige that goes with winning it.

The culture is vastly different in regards to SLM racing as compared to the dirt open wheel classes. What I mean is this, the midgets are part of the dirt open wheel culture that will get a very good driver noticed. And, it's been that way for a couple of decades now. Stepping stone divisions for many drivers and some have gone on to be legendary. If a driver is excessively successful in the dirt open wheel ranks that success gets him, or her, noticed by people who have the resources and juice to advance the drivers' career on to where the real money and fame is. The money at an event such as The Chili Bowl really isn't the motivating factor whether it's a career advancement or someone like Sammy who merely loves the attention given to the winner.

The SLM division seems to be more of a destination division where even the really great drivers of those machines almost universally stay in that division their whole career and make their living primarily from racing. There has been very few exceptions.

An event such as The Chili Bowl can put a driver in the limelight to the extent that some doors open for them if advancing their career is a priority. It's happened several times over the course of the history of that event. Whereas, a SLM star can win the Dream, The World and Knoxville in the same season and they win a pile of money doing so but it is very rare that it will result in a huge career advancement even if that is what the driver has ambitions towards.

Just a different culture.
    Spot on CIRF!!
    Where have 99% of successful dirt drivers come from that have went on to successful Indy Car and NASCAR careers.
    Open wheel dirt cars.
    Sans Jeff Purvis name the last true dirt late model star to have success in the major big league asphalt series. We'll see how successful Tyler Redd1ck is once he hits the Xfinity Series.
    Does anyone really think Timmy McCreadie's shot at NASCAR came from his late model career??

,what is he afraid of it's in Fla this year ,the last time he got spanked by his teammate named Edwards and not who you think lol

Mcreadie how did that work out and yes most DLM drivers don 't give 2 $h1ts about Nascrap they make a decent living at it with less bs
    Last edited by calverton; 12-27-2016 at 02:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by calverton View Post
    Mcreadie how did that work out and yes most DLM drivers don 't give 2 $h1ts about Nascrap they make a decent living at it with less bs
    That's bull$hit and everyone but you knows it. There are very few, if any, dirt late model drivers who would turn down a shot at a NASCAR Cup ride.

What an idiot!! LOL!!

are you so sure about that oh yeah look up Justin Allgaier for me and he a fair driver where did Bowyer come from most DLM guys want to race 36 or 38 races would be considered mid season for some
    Last edited by calverton; 12-27-2016 at 06:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jog49 View Post
    You apparently missed the Cedar Lake Nationals with 50 DLMs and the Charlotte race with 70+.... if you pay, the DLM's will show.... being able to say "I went to such and such race" is fine and dandy, but it doesn't pay the bills.... and out of the 300 that register for the midget show, there probably aren't 30 name drivers either.... and less then that capable of winning... I have read that Bloomer won't leave his shop for less then a 20G show.... makes sense to me, he'll do the promoter more good then the promoter will do him....

We ran three shows in the Midwest this last summer, smallest field was 24 cars and I think it was 3 G's to win, next two were 70+ cars.... the big shows still pull well...

The midgets run with us on occasion and there are rarely more the 10 to 14 cars on a normal night... on special shows then the numbers jump up....
    Last edited by mudslinger47; 12-27-2016 at 07:02 PM.

or the 97 for 20k at the dome
    Last edited by calverton; 12-27-2016 at 09:48 PM.

or the 97 for 20k at the dome b this year the crowd for 3 nights was as big or close as big as 5 nights in Tulsa
    For seating purposes, Tulsa needs to move to St. Louis.......

but you haven't answered the question your highly touted chumpion was not invited to this event now why is that
    We really don't give a sh!t!!!!!!!!!!!! hahahahahahahaaaa

Quote Originally Posted by mudslinger47 View Post
    and out of the 300 that register for the midget show, there probably aren't 30 name drivers either.... and less then that capable of winning... I have read that Bloomer won't leave his shop for less then a 20G show.... makes sense to me, he'll do the promoter more good then the promoter will do him....

The midgets run with us on occasion and there are rarely more the 10 to 14 cars on a normal night... on special shows then the numbers jump up....
    That midget show you speak of is one of the two biggest and best dirt racing events of the year and it's The Chili Bowl to you mr. late model head!!! LOL!! Car count, attendance and TV exposure makes the World Hundred look somewhat small in comparison.

The entry list has gone WAY North of 300, it's at 358 and growing at this point.

Please enlighten us as to who exactly is capable of winning The Chili Bowl!! This oughta' be good!

Ol' snort bloomquist sure as hell left the shop for less than $20 grand to try and win The Chili Bowl a few years ago and it wasn't pretty! One of the most embarrassing racing endeavors of ol' snort's career was when he tried his hand at The Chili Bowl. He got spanked and sent back to Tennessee and his big, slow, cumbersome late model plenty quick. Kinda' like his foray into ARCA racing and the NASCAR truck fiasco. Bbbbbbwwwwwwwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahaha!!!!

For seating purposes, Tulsa needs to move to St. Louis.......
    You mean move the whole city of Tulsa to St. Louis? LOL!! That'd be a big move.

I'm pretty sure the people in charge of The Chili Bowl will keep it right where it's at. You don't mess with something as successful and wildly popular as The Chili Bowl.

are you so sure about that oh yeah look up Justin Allgaier for me and he a fair driver where did Bowyer come from most DLM guys want to race 36 or 38 races would be considered mid season for some
    Again, no self respecting late model driver would EVER want to make the money and get the recognition that comes with a Cup ride.......said no one ever!! LOL!
    Last edited by CIRF; 12-27-2016 at 08:32 PM.

That midget show you speak of is one of the two biggest and best dirt racing events of the year and it's The Chili Bowl to you mr. late model head!!! LOL!! Car count, attendance and TV exposure makes the World Hundred look somewhat small in comparison.

The entry list has gone WAY North of 300, it's at 358 and growing at this point.

Please enlighten us as to who exactly is capable of winning The Chili Bowl!! This oughta' be good!

Ol' snort bloomquist sure as hell left the shop for less than $20 grand to try and win The Chili Bowl a few years ago and it wasn't pretty! One of the most embarrassing racing endeavors of ol' snort's career was when he tried his hand at The Chili Bowl. He got spanked and sent back to Tennessee and his big, slow, cumbersome late model plenty quick. Kinda' like his foray into ARCA racing and the NASCAR truck fiasco. Bbbbbbwwwwwwwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahaha!!!!

You mean move the whole city of Tulsa to St. Louis? LOL!! That'd be a big move.

I'm pretty sure the people in charge of The Chili Bowl will keep it right where it's at. You don't mess with something as successful and wildly popular as The Chili Bowl.

Again, no self respecting late model driver would EVER want to make the money and get the recognition that comes with a Cup ride.......said no one ever!! LOL!

Your comprehension skills are remarkably low this time of year.... but hey no problem, you go and enjoy your go karts and I'll go and enjoy my mud taxies, got six shows in 9 days coming up in two weeks... I suspect there will be 60+ cars there at the shoot out... difference between the two shows, we'll have close to 60 top shelf racers and you'll still have about 20 racers and 330 also rans....

That midget show you speak of is one of the two biggest and best dirt racing events of the year and it's The Chili Bowl to you mr. late model head!!! LOL!! Car count, attendance and TV exposure makes the World Hundred look somewhat small in comparison. The entry list has gone WAY North of 300, it's at 358 and growing at this point.Please enlighten us as to who exactly is capable of winning The Chili Bowl!! This oughta' be good!Ol' snort bloomquist sure as hell left the shop for less than $20 grand to try and win The Chili Bowl a few years ago and it wasn't pretty! One of the most embarrassing racing endeavors of ol' snort's career was when he tried his hand at The Chili Bowl. He got spanked and sent back to Tennessee and his big, slow, cumbersome late model plenty quick. Kinda' like his foray into ARCA racing and the NASCAR truck fiasco. Bbbbbbwwwwwwwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahaha!!!!You mean move the whole city of Tulsa to St. Louis? LOL!! That'd be a big move.I'm pretty sure the people in charge of The Chili Bowl will keep it right where it's at. You don't mess with something as successful and wildly popular as The Chili Bowl.Again, no self-respecting late model driver would EVER want to make the money and get the recognition that comes with a Cup ride.......said no one ever!! LOL!
    Alliagair Bowyer and Edwards weren't that much on dirt but they made it cup it doesn't matter what class they started in yeah tell that also some of your open wheel drivers like Schatz and Saldana why they are not in nascrap I f a drivers goal is to be in NASCAR you don'tstart in dirt racing you big dummy you start at a aspalt track running some but a midget or sprint or DLM that's a long shot

mud there are 2 races that cirf even comprehends on ,Indy and the chili bowl all other events means nothing to him

Your comprehension skills are remarkably low this time of year.... but hey no problem, you go and enjoy your go karts and I'll go and enjoy my mud taxies, got six shows in 9 days coming up in two weeks... I suspect there will be 60+ cars there at the shoot out... difference between the two shows, we'll have close to 60 top shelf racers and you'll still have about 20 racers and 330 also rans....
    Boo yah mud

My comprehension skills are plenty good enough to figure out we'll be witnessing a dirt racing icon event that captivates the attention of the whole racing world for the better part of a week. Draws 350 cars and 15,000-16,000 spectators for 5 straight nights. Not just small niche following.

The difference between the two shows, besides the wide and obvious popularity gap, is that the winner of The Chili Bowl will be heralded nation wide. The exposure of winning it can literally legitimize, and in some cases make a career, as it did Billy Boat, Donnie Beechler, Tim McCreadie, Kevin Swindell and Rico Abreu.

What you're gonna' be watching will be some nice events but winning them are hardly a blip on the Richter scale of the dirt racing world.

And I also have adequate comprehension skills to recognize the fact that many of the "go cart" drivers were good enough to have gone on to respectable, and sometimes legendary careers in higher forms of racing competition. A few, like Rico and Christopher Bell are just getting started and Kyle Larson has already made his mark. Dirt late models? Not so much. LOL!!

Hey cirf ole bloomer don 't need that Lil trophy or 10 k

If bloomy had won The Chili Bowl it would have been, by far, the biggest, most significant, most prestigious win of his career. He just wasn't up to the task.