Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

bull chit cirf he has nothing to prove

https://www.bloomquistracing.net/V2010.1/stats.php that lil trophy would get lost lol

Chili is a Texas thing.......not an Oklahoma thing. But then many people,myself included, refer to Texas as "Baja Oklahoma".

Quote Originally Posted by calverton View Post
    I f a drivers goal is to be in NASCAR you don'tstart in dirt racing you big dummy you start at a aspalt track running some but a midget or sprint or DLM that's a long shot
    Kenny Schrader, Jeff Gordon, Tony Stewart, Kasey Kahne, Ryan Newman, Dave Blaney, Kyle Larson, Christopher Bell and Rico Abreu among others are all evidence to the contrary. Among that group there are 7 Cup championships and countless Cup wins, not to mention Bell and Larson winning in trucks on dirt. Only one of those nine drivers ever raced a dirt late model and he did it as a way to have some fun during his NASCAR years.

Quote Originally Posted by formercrewguy View Post
    Chili is a Texas thing.......not an Oklahoma thing. But then many people,myself included, refer to Texas as "Baja Oklahoma".
    fcg, the name Chili Bowl comes from the original sponsor of the event, the Chili Bowl food company.

Here's a bit of history of one of the two biggest dirt events of the year:

The Chili Bowl Midget Nationals...since 1987
    Two weeks after Christmas, the Chili Bowl Midget Nationals arrives like a gift from Santa Claus. In the Oklahoma metropolis of Tulsa, "Santa" is Emmett Hahn and Lanny Edwards, organizers of the four-night race meet since its 1987 inception.

The Chili Bowl Midget Nationals...

Initially sponsored by the Chili Bowl food company of Bob Berryhill, these Nationals are known simply as The Chili Bowl: racing's winter answer to football's Super Bowl.

It accommodates over four hundred race rigs, bleachers for thousands of people and an ever-growing trade show. To stroll the aisles of Tulsa's QuikTrip Center, the home of The Golden Driller, is to rub shoulders with champions from across America.

The presence of Sprint talent such as five-time Chili Bowl winner Sammy Swindell and NASCAR stars like Kyle Larson is what elevates Midget competition to a level unmatched.

The Chili Bowl's key ingredient is the clay which once covered the adjacent fairgrounds. Without sun or wind to harm it, the indoor garden (roughly a quarter-mile circle) is heavily saturated so that the boldest dirt track artists of our time can truly shine. The benchmark came in 1994 when the Jones brothers, P.J. and Page, went three-abreast for the lead with eventual winner Andy Hillenburg, a hometown hero from Broken Arrow who commands the loudest fan reaction.

It is this action which fills every corner for 55 laps that keeps people coming back. When more than 15,000 spectators walk out the door on the fifth and final night, they are so amazed at what they have seen that they cannot wait to return.

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    Kenny Schrader, Jeff Gordon, Tony Stewart, Kasey Kahne, Ryan Newman, Dave Blaney, Kyle Larson, Christopher Bell and Rico Abreu among others are all evidence to the contrary. Among that group there are 7 Cup championships and countless Cup wins, not to mention Bell and Larson winning in trucks on dirt. Only one of those nine drivers ever raced a dirt late model and he did it as a way to have some fun during his NASCAR years.
    Ken Schrader and Stewart both raced DLM quite often

Quote Originally Posted by TS FAN View Post
    Ken Schrader and Stewart both raced DLM quite often
    What types of cars did both concentrate their efforts on and in what type cars were they driving when they won championships in when they got noticed? Here's a hint, it wasn't dirt late models.

Schrader won the 1982 USAC Silver Crown Championship and the 1983 USAC Sprint car championship and he was the USAC Stock Car division rookie of the year in 1980. He also drove some midgets back in those days as well but never won the championship. Schrader did very little, if any, dirt late model racing prior to leasing Elmo Langley's Cup car in 1984 and ultimately catching on with Junie Dunlavey in 1985.

stewys path to Indy Car was paved with his focus and success in USAC Silver Crown, USAC sprint cars and USAC midgets. He was the USAC National Midget Champion in 1994 & '95. The success in USAC propelled him to getting an IRL ride in 1996. Winning the 1997 IRL championship got him a ride with Gibbs in 1999. stewy's frequent foray's into dirt late model racing did not parallel his USAC carreer. He was racing full time in all 3 National divisions of USAC. He has ran a dirt late a fair amount but it wasn't during his full time USAC days. If he drove dirt late's during his USAC days or before it was rare.

Come on mr. stewart head!! You should know this stuff!!

Are ya' ready to man up and come clean as to what your beef with Jimmie is? LOLOL!!!

CIRF you forgot to add to your buddy above that Stewart was a USAC Triple Crown winner along with JJ Yeley.
    But surely the big Stewart fan would know this little known fact right?? LOL!!

Willing to bet when/if Stewart puts out a schedule for 2017 it will be highly dominated by open wheel races. Probably at least 8-10 open wheel events to 1 late model event. And i'll go out on a limb and say he will not race in any events at his track Eldora in either division for the same reason he's not running the Chili Bowl this year.
    Last edited by ClampedUp; 12-29-2016 at 01:41 PM.

What types of cars did both concentrate their efforts on and in what type cars were they driving when they won championships in when they got noticed? Here's a hint, it wasn't dirt late models.

Schrader won the 1982 USAC Silver Crown Championship and the 1983 USAC Sprint car championship and he was the USAC Stock Car division rookie of the year in 1980. He also drove some midgets back in those days as well but never won the championship. Schrader did very little, if any, dirt late model racing prior to leasing Elmo Langley's Cup car in 1984 and ultimately catching on with Junie Dunlavey in 1985.

stewys path to Indy Car was paved with his focus and success in USAC Silver Crown, USAC sprint cars and USAC midgets. He was the USAC National Midget Champion in 1994 & '95. The success in USAC propelled him to getting an IRL ride in 1996. Winning the 1997 IRL championship got him a ride with Gibbs in 1999. stewy's frequent foray's into dirt late model racing did not parallel his USAC carreer. He was racing full time in all 3 National divisions of USAC. He has ran a dirt late a fair amount but it wasn't during his full time USAC days. If he drove dirt late's during his USAC days or before it was rare.

Come on mr. stewart head!! You should know this stuff!!

Are ya' ready to man up and come clean as to what your beef with Jimmie is? LOLOL!!!

man, you are obnoxious. I hope you are not that way in person.

man, you are obnoxious. I hope you are not that way in person.
    Sorry you feel that way, power. Just havin' a little fun and givin' ya' a little elbow to the ribs is all.

I figured you'd have all those dates and achievements committed to memory, especially in regards to stewy.

I was responding to your last line about only one of the nine racing LM and he did it for fun. I was adding a second driver who did the same. As for your ribbing me, I understand, but not every time I say something. It kind of stymies any real conversation.

I was responding to your last line about only one of the nine racing LM and he did it for fun. I was adding a second driver who did the same. As for your ribbing me, I understand, but not every time I say something. It kind of stymies any real conversation.
    Point taken and so noted.

What types of cars did both concentrate their efforts on and in what type cars were they driving when they won championships in when they got noticed? Here's a hint, it wasn't dirt late models. Schrader won the 1982 USAC Silver Crown Championship and the 1983 USAC Sprint car championship and he was the USAC Stock Car division rookie of the year in 1980. He also drove some midgets back in those days as well but never won the championship. Schrader did very little, if any, dirt late model racing prior to leasing Elmo Langley's Cup car in 1984 and ultimately catching on with Junie Dunlavey in 1985.stewys path to Indy Car was paved with his focus and success in USAC Silver Crown, USAC sprint cars and USAC midgets. He was the USAC National Midget Champion in 1994 & '95. The success in USAC propelled him to getting an IRL ride in 1996. Winning the 1997 IRL championship got him a ride with Gibbs in 1999. stewy's frequent foray's into dirt late model racing did not parallel his USAC carreer. He was racing full time in all 3 National divisions of USAC. He has ran a dirt late a fair amount but it wasn't during his full time USAC days. If he drove dirt late's during his USAC days or before it was rare.Come on mr. stewart head!! You should know this stuff!!Are ya' ready to man up and come clean as to what your beef with Jimmie is? LOLOL!!!
    do you know why kenny didn't concentrate on dirt late models it's real simple he couldn't win in one and stewie couldn't in one neither could matt westfal schatz or Tim Mccreadieopen wheel guys basically race against the same bunch all the time except the chili bowl late model guys or mod guys have no clue who might show up and beat them
    Last edited by calverton; 12-29-2016 at 05:49 PM.

do you know why kenny didn't concentrate on dirt late models it's real simple he couldn't win in one and stewie couldn't in one neither could matt westfal schatz or Tim Mccreadieopen wheel guys basically race against the same bunch all the time except the chili bowl late model guys or mod guys have no clue who might show up and beat them
    It's not hard to figure why Schrader didn't concentrate on dirt late models. It's the same reason stewy didn't, and why Gordon didn't, and why Kahne didn't, and why Newman didn't, and why Larson didn't. It's because they wanted to quickly advance their career's and become rich and famous. You don't get there by winning dirt late model races, you get there by winning in dirt open wheel cars and it's been proven repeatedly. Any one of those aforementioned drivers are more than talented enough to win big in late models given equal equipment. It's just that they were smart enough to recognize there was no future beyond DLM's.

Now, stop saying stupid $hit about subjects you know nothing about. Okay?!! LOL!

no because they sucked at it just like kenny in NASCAR never set the world and kenny had the best in both types of cars none of those drivers ever one big late model race either and may be this will get thru your thick skull many of the DLM DRIVERS are happy where they are at its the open wheel guys want to jump ship atleast usac guys you don't woo sprints drivers jumping ship either why because they get a nice pay check and more importantly they want to race more than 36 times a year

no because they sucked at it just like kenny in NASCAR never set the world and kenny had the best in both types of cars none of those drivers ever one big late model race either and may be this will get thru your thick skull many of the DLM DRIVERS are happy where they are at its the open wheel guys want to jump ship atleast usac guys you don't woo sprints drivers jumping ship either why because they get a nice pay check and more importantly they want to race more than 36 times a year
    Like I said, given equal equipment and sufficient experience any one of those guys could be huge stars in dirt late models. They chose to advance their careers and better themselves and dirt late models weren't going to get them where they wanted to go. That's why The Chili Bowl is arguably the biggest race of the year and gets all of the exposure and publicity. No self respecting late model driver would even dream of accepting a Cup ride! NOT!! LOL! Your argument is ill conceive, stupid and makes no sense. But I reckon that's the world you live in and you seem to get better at it as time goes by. LOL!!

What Tony was given an equal ride now that's rich Kenny Schrader had a superior ride and couldn't win in a late model as far as the cup ride as been told before most late model racers want to race not 39 times a year he11 half their season would be over by March lol you have to ask yourself why drivers like Saldana or Schatz didn't to go to NASCAR either

I remember when Kenny S. would race 100+ times a year during his Cup days. As I recall, he was told by his NASCAR owner to stop it out of concern for his primary ride. At the Copper Classic he would win in 2 open wheel divisions. He also ran his Federated Auto parts SLM at the Wild West Shootout. I believe he won at Manzanita one year. I always admired his love of racing. He was a very talented driver in ANYTHING with 4 wheels.

What Tony was given an equal ride now that's rich Kenny Schrader had a superior ride and couldn't win in a late model as far as the cup ride as been told before most late model racers want to race not 39 times a year he11 half their season would be over by March lol you have to ask yourself why drivers like Saldana or Schatz didn't to go to NASCAR either
    All of your hand wringing and huffing and puffing can't change the fact that the guys mentioned could easily be perennial stars in dirt late models given adequate experience and learning curve. I've worked with a multiple FALS late model track champion when he was winning some of those championships and it's not rocket science. It's hard work and it takes talent but it's not something that can't be done by talented people from any form of racing given the tools and time to master the learning curve. You try to make the case that being a competitive dirt late model team requires more talent and is the hardest thing to do in racing. Only in your weird and tiny little world is that true. Too many sidewalk faceplants may be the problem there.

The most logical and most plausible reason Saldana and Schatz haven't gone on to the riches and fame of NASCAR is they probably have never been offered a ride. I seriously doubt they've turned down quality Cup rides. Simple as that.

Now, go order your Chili Bowl PPV and enjoy REAL dirt racing starting on January 10th!! It might help you get past your acute case of late model tunnel vision, but I doubt you're smart enough! LOL!!

I remember when Kenny S. would race 100+ times a year during his Cup days. As I recall, he was told by his NASCAR owner to stop it out of concern for his primary ride. At the Copper Classic he would win in 2 open wheel divisions. He also ran his Federated Auto parts SLM at the Wild West Shootout. I believe he won at Manzanita one year. I always admired his love of racing. He was a very talented driver in ANYTHING with 4 wheels.
    All very true, fcg. I read his book and KS was clear that he never wanted to get involved with something so specialized that he couldn't venture into other racing activities. As far as his Hendrick Motor Sports days are concerned, no one has had any lasting success in the HMS #25 car. Off the top of my head Schrader probably was as successful as anyone accept for the short time Tim Richmond was teamed up with Harry Hyde.
    Last edited by CIRF; 12-30-2016 at 11:17 PM.

Anytime I went to a dirt track, Kenny might well be there. He would drive anything as we all know. One thing that really surprised me. He is super wealthy, I mean top five of Nascar racers. Apparently, good business man too. LOL