Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Scott Bloomquist still drives opinion in the Late Model world

There are some things in life that we all need to be able to count on. The sun rises in the east and sets in the west. It will rain the day after you wash your car. You will get behind a slow driver on a narrow road when you're running late. And in the world of Dirt Late Model racing world, fans react whenever Scott Bloomquist shows up at a race track.

Even after decades of highly competitive racing, the Mooresburg, Tenn. driver remains very much a lightning rod of debate and opinion. Fans of this form of racing can't seem to help themselves when Bloomquist's name is brought up in conversation, on message boards, or on the various outlets of social media. They simply have to respond in one way or the other.

Read more --> http://insidedirtracing.com/scott-bl...-racing-world/

I can attest to what the author of that article stated about Bloomquist drawing a crowd. I know that I choose which races to attend, almost solely on Bloomquist racing there, and have for much of the time I have watched LM racing. That doesn't mean I never go to a race he's not at, but I won't travel for one knowing he isn't racing.
    One story about him selling tickets, that I can remember was back in around 95 or 96 at Atomic for the TN Dirt Track Championship, the STARS sanctioned race. It was a 1 day show at this point, I think because of rain, had been pushed back and scaled down. It was raining that night. We waited outside the gates pondering whether or not to chance it, knowing that a rain out meant an hour + drive the next day for a race w/o Bloomquist. There were several people standing around outside, doing the same thing. Unsure whether to go ahead and buy tickets. The track announcer came on, saying that The Blue Gray 100 at Cherokee had been rained out and the Bloomquist was loaded up and on his way to Atomic. Everyone outside bought their tickets, we waited it rained, they raced Sunday, we made the trip back, Bloomquist won........at Cherokee....which had not been rained out afterall.

Every sport needs a villain.....and ours is Scott. Either you like him or hate him, there is no middle ground.

I dunno tireguy, I am kind of in the middle. If he wins, I am ok with it, but I prefer him to have to face some adversity. The window-net incident, F**kin epic. I cheer for whoever is passing cars and earning it. I don't like him or hate him, but I do like the storylines he brings to the sport. Un-paralleled.

I do not like him, but I respect his abilities at driving a dirt late model

I never understood the whole villain thing. Maybe it's the skulls on the t shirts. I'm not a fan of the skulls so I just buy the ones without them. I'm sure that he sells a lot of them though. The haters seem to me like they are just jealous of his success. As far as earning it, I know you mean on the track, but it is pretty clear that Bloomquist earns his wins in his garage. I would say he works on his cars eight days a week and is benefitting from that effort.

Quote Originally Posted by Duke100 View Post
    I never understood the whole villain thing. Maybe it's the skulls on the t shirts. I'm not a fan of the skulls so I just buy the ones without them. I'm sure that he sells a lot of them though. The haters seem to me like they are just jealous of his success. As far as earning it, I know you mean on the track, but it is pretty clear that Bloomquist earns his wins in his garage. I would say he works on his cars eight days a week and is benefitting from that effort.
    He has a lot more "haters" than Moyer ever had.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

He is the Ric Flair of DLM racing.

Quote Originally Posted by Duke100 View Post
    Fans tend to hate people who win "too much".

I've never really felt one way or the other on Bloomer. If he's at a race I'm going to, cool. If he's not, that's cool too.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

I label Scott the villain because of his persona, image, being an antagonist and saying exactly what he is on his mind. He's not the cookie cutter racer who is going to say and do all the right things. He does things his way. It's going to be a sad day when he hangs up the helmet, he's a character that cannot be replaced in the industry like Dale Sr.

Quote Originally Posted by cutman View Post
    I was never a petty fan , but felt the same way about his ability.

Bloomer is as polarizing to dlm as the 3 was in nicecar.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by cutman View Post
    That is exactly how I feel. LOL

[QUOTE=Josh Bayko;2069920]Fans tend to hate people who win "too much".

Whether you're a fan or not, its hard not to respect the GOAT!

If you have ever worked on a dlm, you would understand how hard it is to do what he has done!
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

Scott Bloomquist is simply one of the 3 best drivers of the generic dirt late model era, to date. His numbers and accomplishments put him in some very rare air. Only two other generic dirt late model drivers are even in the same stratosphere. His past missteps and over the top arrogance have alienated some people. To a certain extent I fall into that category, although I have softened my stance on the man in later years. When the ledger is balanced, Bloomy has been very good for dirt late model racing and though his notoriety sometimes came at a cost he has still been much more positive for dirt late model racing than he's diminished it, by far.

Hell, we talk about him nearly every day here. What does that tell ya'? LOL!!

Quote Originally Posted by a25rjr View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Josh Bayko View Post
    Fans tend to hate people who win "too much".
    Whether you're a fan or not, its hard not to respect the GOAT!

If you have ever worked on a dlm, you would understand how hard it is to do what he has done!
    I don't disagree. Totally respect his accomplishments. Just don't really consider myself a fan or hater. I don't think anybody is bigger than the sport itself.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    He has a lot more "haters" than Moyer ever had.
    There is a reason for that. Bloomer has a personality,

21jr has taken some heat for speaking his mind. I'm a fan of Jr, not so much of his dad.

There's typically more bloomer shirts than Moyer shirts in the stands as well.

Don't like him at all but I will admit that his record speaks for itself can't deny the fact that he knows how to get a win
    I am what I am

exactly Ricky don't like him because he is arrogant and can't say he was beaten or defeated

Quote Originally Posted by Tireguy17 View Post
    I label Scott the villain because of his persona, image, being an antagonist and saying exactly what he is on his mind. He's not the cookie cutter racer who is going to say and do all the right things. He does things his way. It's going to be a sad day when he hangs up the helmet, he's a character that cannot be replaced in the industry like Dale Sr.
    I consider Scott the Dale Sr. of DLM's.
    People in general either love him or hate him.
    He wins a LOT.
    He speaks his mind.
    I;d say when God made Bloomer, he broke the mold.
    8/13/16

Good post highside