Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by calverton View Post
    exactly Ricky don't like him because he is arrogant and can't say he was beaten or defeated
    And SOME OF his fans are the same way.
    THE REAL SLIDING SIDEWAYS!

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    He has a lot more "haters" than Moyer ever had.
    Yes, Billy Moyer has had great success. Usually only go to a race if Bloomquist is running, but if he wasn't running, and Moyer was there I would most likely go.

Quote Originally Posted by SLIDING SIDEWAYS View Post
    Your New Years resolution should be to come out of the closet........and admit ur a huge Bloomer fan!
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

I go for a race if its good great don't care who is there or not there some of the best races I've seen has been weekly races

Unless you have talked to the man when hes not in race form the ones that hate dont know him. All they go by is race related. Scott is a dam good guy. And THE BEST driver dlm racing has ever or will be seen. But I will say this....he not GOD. Hes a man like you and me (with a passion for dlm racing. To be the BEST!) and he has made his mistakes but everybody does. So dont hate the playa....hate the GAME
    If I havent offended you please be patient Ill get to you as soon as I can...... and yes Im a Bloomquist fan...deal w it!!! WWG1WGA!!!

Hes the best dlm driver we have seen...but I dont know about the best that ever will be seen...

I try not to attend any race he is at. I don't like him, didn't like Dale Sr either, but have to give credit to both of them, as they are as good as we have seen.

Lightbulb

I think I'm more of a Moyer fan, Bloomquist is right there in the (racing)respect department. I understand having a different persona at the track, putting on your game face. Some people go to the track to make friends, neither Moyer nor Bloomquist went to make friends, I know I don't. If racing is your "hobby", then being chummy and kicking back at the track is ok. If racing is your "business", you have have to be serious about it if you have any hope of winning and making it pay. Bloomers "bad-boy" or "anti-hero" image sells him a lot of shirts and what not, which keeps the wheels on the race car turning. I respect them both and I understand closing ranks, focusing on the task at hand when its time to get down to it.
    Politically Incorrect.

I have been watching Bloomers race for thirty years. He is the best, and there is no sense arguing about the obvious. I have met and talked with him. He is pleasant enough with fans. He is a professional on every level. He drove my friend's LM for a weekend several years ago and took it right to the front. Don O'neal did the same thing a couple years later BTW. Rayburn was involved both times. However I am not a fan of his, and probably never will be. Not everyone likes the same drivers.
    I am also not fan when a driver dominates the sport. I always enjoyed watching several different drivers get their day. One last thing. Bloomer chose to stay in LM, when it was clear he had abilities to rise to a top competitor in Nascar. I guess his behavior early on may have held him back.

Hey face it Bloomquist is no spring chicken and how many years do we have left till he hangs up his helmet and becomes a full time chassis builder??
    The question I have is do we have a driver that will ever come close to filling his his shoes??
    Back when he started we had drivers/innovators like Swartz, Boggs, Purvis, Combs, Duvall, Smith, etc.
    Who do we have now?? Many of the great drivers of today are at the twilight of their careers and are either retiring or cutting back substantially.
    I honestly don't see a driver that can step up and dominate and innovate the dirt late model world like Bloomquist has.
    Heck is there a driver that can throw the fans in a love hate tizzy fit like Bloomquist has??

Quote Originally Posted by SLIDING SIDEWAYS View Post
    Good thing you don't live in a glass house . And your about as bright as Hillary Clinton .

Quote Originally Posted by just dust View Post
    Good thing you don't live in a glass house . And your about as bright as Hillary Clinton .
    Ooooooo BURN!!!!!!! LMAO
    If I havent offended you please be patient Ill get to you as soon as I can...... and yes Im a Bloomquist fan...deal w it!!! WWG1WGA!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ClampedUp View Post
    Hey face it Bloomquist is no spring chicken and how many years do we have left till he hangs up his helmet and becomes a full time chassis builder??
    The question I have is do we have a driver that will ever come close to filling his his shoes??
    Back when he started we had drivers/innovators like Swartz, Boggs, Purvis, Combs, Duvall, Smith, etc.
    Who do we have now?? Many of the great drivers of today are at the twilight of their careers and are either retiring or cutting back substantially.
    I honestly don't see a driver that can step up and dominate and innovate the dirt late model world like Bloomquist has.
    Heck is there a driver that can throw the fans in a love hate tizzy fit like Bloomquist has??
    No, I doubt another driver will really have the driven desire to last that long in Dirt LM racing if he has a talent like Bloomer. Not forgetting the highly talented Billy Moyer. Not sure if Billy's skills would have translated to Nascar though. Just like Steve Kinser in Sprints. Comparison to Kinser is maybe Donny Schatz but he is already getting a bit bored. Most drivers with the talent of Bloomer will move on to bigger and better things IMO. Bloomer will hold records that probably will never be broken if for no other reason the changing times. Just look at a guy like Bobby Pierce. 19 and he is dang good, I mean really good. However I do not see him racing LM's for 30+ years. He moves into Nascar at some point. He is every bit as talented as the Dillion boys if not more. I think they are talented BTW. He will have to work harder to get his real break, though.