Thread: Rodney Sanders

Default Rodney Sanders

Will run full time with the mlra ..... that regional tour is getting tougher an tougher year after year it seems....

That's cool too here and me personally I think the mlra is the best regional tour there is. I hope Sanders can do well on their tour. Only thing with mlra is I think they need a few more tracks then just i80 and wheatland lol

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Boesel View Post
    That's cool too here and me personally I think the mlra is the best regional tour there is. I hope Sanders can do well on their tour. Only thing with mlra is I think they need a few more tracks then just i80 and wheatland lol
    Good tour, weak purses.
    We'll miss ya Doc Watson...

Not having a ton of tracks makes it easier for the middle ground guys to follow, some years they are all over the place, like South Dakota, it just gets a little for the mid level cars. I like this years schedule so far, should be one that lots of teams can follow most of.

Glad to see

They put on a good show. 3k and 5k to win and some times a 10k. It's great for the Iowa, Nebraska and Missouri teams. It keeps LM racing alive and travel isn't too bad. They race at more than 2 tracks. Last year i thought I saw 34 raceway Lee County Farley, and Davenport and others.

Seen a video from randolph county in missouri might have to make a road trip

Sanders should do alright. Been wanting to see him get more time in a late model. He's done about all he can do in the USMTS.
    Just a Sportmod racer at Nelson Boys Racing.

Quote Originally Posted by 93Nelson View Post
    Sanders should do alright. Been wanting to see him get more time in a late model. He's done about all he can do in the USMTS.

You are correct 93Nelson Rodney has nothing else to prove in the Modified as he has won the USMTS Series 2 or 3 times now and racked up an impressive record with his modified and in 2016 Popped off 14 win's in his Modified and one in his Latemodel at a MLRA/MARS show in Salina Oklahoma... So i'm sure he will be just fine running fulltime in the SLM this yr...
    If you can't race it or take it to bed! It ain't worth having!

The Donnelson Ia MLRA race is usually a good bet for a exciting race. This track is one of the raciest in the country, but overlooked. It could be the FALLs of Iowa if they raced LM more. Just north of the MO. border in SE Iowa. ,

Seen videos of randolph county looks racy also and super wide

Randolph co is a highly underrated track imo, seen some GREAT mod an sprintcar shows there too...... its a long haul for me but i never regretted it afterwards. Good seating, keep the show movin decent food an track is always on point when I've attended.

Been there years ago some steep grandstands ,but they only run one full fledged latemodel show not travelling that far for limited lates not when i have 4 tracks near home running full supers

Lee County is always a good show. Scotland County (Memphis MO) should be a great show as that track is really racy. It rained out last year. Southern Iowa Speedway (Oskaloosa) is also a pretty decent show but since the track is bigger they tend to string out more.

Should be a fun summer.
    SPark