Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default East Bay Winternationals

My son and I are going to East Bay for the first time and have some questions I'm hoping 4mers can help with.
    Are there any must see or do's?
    Is the place packed to where we should buy reserved seat?
    Where is the best place to sit?
    Thanks in advance for any feedback.

Theres not a bad seat in the house, but honestly I think you're picking the wrong venue. East Bay racing hasnt been any good for years and the owners dont seem to care and OVER charge for tickets. Years ago when the racing was good every night, who cared what the price was, but now ? You will be lucky to see one good race all week, I hope Im wrong but thats the way its been. Go to Volusia !

I pretty much agree. Better racing and car counts have been at Volusia lately. At Eastbay, I wouldn't get reserved tix until Thurs. Not that crowded early in week and if it rains one night you arent out any money. They run the races that are rained out during the day and day races just suck. Save your money on the strawberry shortcakes too. They arent anything but grocery store shortcakes and decent strawberries. If youve never seen the manatees they can be cool to go see.

Seating isn't too bad early in the week but it does get crowded especially Fri. and Sat. If you get reserved seats go for an isle seat between flagman and turn 1, top row not necessary. Seating around turn 4 can be a little dirtier but not unbearable. Not sure of your sons age but me and a few friends consider the Brandon Wing House as a must see, sorta like a risqué version of Hooters. Best advice I can give is about the parking. Early in the week no problem, late in the week get there EARLY or buy a parking pass.

indoor karting http://tampabaygp.com/

10 miles / 20 minutes from track

and for what i thought was a good cuban sandwich http://brocatossandwich.com/

7 miles / 15 minutes from track
    The Stranger: Somebody left the door open and the wrong dogs came home.

You need to try a strawberry shortcake at the track for sure. Take a ride to clearwater beach one day, very nice area. I dont think you need reserved tickets until thursday or friday

I went to 5 nights last year and one hockey game! The tickets are not cheap and the shows are over early. I did not buy reserved seats. I never had trouble finding a good seat. If its just you two I wouldn't waste my money for reserved seats. The racing last year was actually really good.
    Race tracker-- RAIN and COLD "killing me smalls"

Eastbay has always been some of the best racing during Speedweeks. Unreserved seats are rows 14 and down. Get there early and don't sit any lower than 10th row. If you can catch the Sunday race at BRP, you'll like that also.
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

Thank you all for your response! We have been to Volusia several times and it is great racing but I have been wanting to go to East Bay for years to check off the bucket list.

Check out the top golf ab 25 mins from track. Arcade/ 3 tier driving range

check out the manatees http://www.tampaelectric.com/company/mvc/ its free and super cool tons of them to see. best wings around https://winghouse.com/ check out the web cams for the manatees
    Last edited by CGF; 12-31-2016 at 04:22 PM.

Did Both of what CGF and i must agree, how old is your kid? There is the aquarium where Winter is at also from Dolfin Tales. I would recommend going there also. http://www.seewinter.com/visit-us?gc...FVG2wAodss8FtA

Goodson farms is best place for strawberry short cake. 5.50 also have one of the best cuban"s around. Addy is 14603 mcgrady rd its about 20 min southeast of race track off of 672. IT NORTEAST OF SUN CITY CENTER TOWARDS BRANDON.

Check out the science museum in Tampa. Even if you're not a science person, like me, it's got some interesting things and do the high wire bike ride there. In town try Wholly Tomatoes, a good buffet. There's several old Cuban style cigar rolling shops in the area. And like some said the strawberry shortcake at the track is not to be missed. You'll have a good time.

I live about half an hour away from EB so anything you need to know I can tell ya. I never bother with reserved seating, just get there a little early and sit between the flagstand and turn 1. I haven't seen many truly bad races at night there. Last year's battle with Davenport and Bloomer the one night was epic. Day races are trash. That track surface cannot, will not, ever ever be suitable for day racing. As far as non-racing, that will depend on what you like and your son's age. We have the best hockey area in the NHL here. We've got great beaches. If you like boating we've got lots of options for boat rides, dolphin watches, etc. If you like dancing girls we've got LOTS of those, and I'm kind of an expert in that field. The manatees down at the power plant are cool. If you're into history we have a couple really nice mueseums. Great food? We've got excellent restaurants and the world's biggest wine selection at Bern's. Top Golf is great fun if you like golf, or even if you don't actually...it's still a great time. Wing House is OK...there are many of them around and some are better than others. umm...anything else i'm missing?

Quote Originally Posted by luke81 View Post
    I live about half an hour away from EB so anything you need to know I can tell ya. I never bother with reserved seating, just get there a little early and sit between the flagstand and turn 1. I haven't seen many truly bad races at night there. Last year's battle with Davenport and Bloomer the one night was epic. Day races are trash. That track surface cannot, will not, ever ever be suitable for day racing. As far as non-racing, that will depend on what you like and your son's age. We have the best hockey area in the NHL here. We've got great beaches. If you like boating we've got lots of options for boat rides, dolphin watches, etc. If you like dancing girls we've got LOTS of those, and I'm kind of an expert in that field. The manatees down at the power plant are cool. If you're into history we have a couple really nice mueseums. Great food? We've got excellent restaurants and the world's biggest wine selection at Bern's. Top Golf is great fun if you like golf, or even if you don't actually...it's still a great time. Wing House is OK...there are many of them around and some are better than others. umm...anything else i'm missing?
    Tell me more about the dancinig girls ?? (Asking for a friend)

Quote Originally Posted by Phatdaddy View Post
    Tell me more about the dancinig girls ?? (Asking for a friend)
    Plenty of those on Hwy 60, west of 275!
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

LOL.....more strip clubs per sq. mile here than anywhere in the world. What do you like? Classy, dirty, (really) dirty.....we have it all.

Son is 18, graduating High School this year and heading to College next Fall. Really appreciate all the replies. How old do you have to be to go in a Strip Club in Tampa? I'd say the closest thing he has been to one is Hooters...lol

Hope Mom doesn't read this! LOL