Default Methanol Consumption Question...

So how much can I expect to consume on a 1/2 mile with a 25 lap main? Good guess are welcome… wild *ss guess's will be considered.
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019

BTW… 383… 750 BG carb … not sure of fuel pump just yet. Iron heads. Before it blew up it was 575 HP with a flat tappet cam… hoping for 625 HP or so with some minor changes from the engine's pre-existing deal.
    Class of 2019

My 383 on gas uses about 8-10 gallons all night on a 1/2 mile, high banked momentum place where your on the throttle a lot. This includes warm up, track packing, hot laps, heats and mains with a number of cautions. Methanol being roughly twice that my WAG is 16-20?

1 gallon every 2 laps, as i recall from experience, on a true, fast 1/2 mile IIRC,..... been quite a while since we ran Alky edited!
    Last edited by CCHIEF; 12-31-2016 at 04:09 PM.

We burn about 18 gallons in a 30 lap feature at Florence.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

For the feature at Shawano, you will use between 14-18 gallons depending on how many and how long the cautions are.

Well… petesbuyin… as long as your buying I'll be OK!

I'm asking because I have a 16 gallon cell and two 32's… don't see a need for the 32 gallon units and the 16 may be a bit small. I may have to invest in a 22-26 gallon deal. Probably not a bad idea to start the year with a new cell anyway.

Consumption will likely be affected by how many cautions I CAUSE…...
    Class of 2019

Cells are popping up like weeds after a spring rain. .....Be wary of new rules that mat affect legality of their use.

Default Terre haute

Most recently went through 13.5 gal in 15 laps

Last time I ran alky, I used 28 gallons in a 55 lap race. Got rid of it. The car changed too much. I went back to gas, but went to E85 in July. I like it. It uses about 12 gallons in the whole night at regular shows. I used 14 one night in an AMS race where we ran extra laps. At 1.50 a gallon, it saves a ton. Runs a lot cooler than gas also. You just have to check the mixture when buying out f the pump. It should be right from May thru Oct. It has a higher gas content in cold weather.

I've used alky since i started racing, some nights would burn 15 gals in 25 lap race others 8 or 9, if you have a 32 gal tank i'd use that would recommend a top feed cell, the bottom feed is a problem waiting to happen, and most tracks in our area have banned them, can always use fuel to help rear percentage, expecially if your using a steel motor.

I have two 32 gallon cells... Neither of which I'll use because of their age. Both are bottom feeders, too.

I'm using alky because its cheaper, keeps the engine cooler and I already have the carb. E85 is good too IMHO but that would require a different carb

I'm leaning towards buying a RJS cell and maybe build my own container for it. Pretty inexpensive way to get a more modern deal. I don't see where I'll need an SFI cell for my weekly tracks... I don't see Shawano or Wissota implementing the new cell rules this year... Not sure about the new Dirt Kings sanction.

I'll have enough on my plate just getting my car ready to race... Its that budget thing again. You can't spend what you don't have. Losing 12 weeks of work after a recent knee replacement and with the wife having major surgeries in '15 and '16 plus a stroke in November I'm lucky to still have the drive to get back in the saddle!
    Class of 2019

1/3mi with 2 barrel and I'm burning 15gal for night and heats are 8 laps feature 20 laps

Thanks Jim...
    Class of 2019