Thread: Silly question

Default Silly question

Any help please. Our current garage has no heat . We have ways of heating during work but does not stay heated. My stupid question. Is there an issues with having and all aluminum engine being in the fluctuating temperatures that woukd cause any issues. Odd question. But just really like to get the engine in the car.

I have wondered the same thing. I'm in the south and we have had a lot of rain and extreme fluctuation in temps. My tools and every thing at times are wet. The shop floor looks like it was sprayed with a hose. I don't think it will hurt anything, may be a little moisture in the valve covers. I'm going to check or just change the oil in mine, its a all steel motor

a dehumidifier from Lowe's keeps the shop both dry and warmer. spent $250.00 on a model that did my 1600 sq foot shop no problem.

Quote Originally Posted by RacerX10 View Post
    a dehumidifier from Lowe's keeps the shop both dry and warmer. spent $250.00 on a model that did my 1600 sq foot shop no problem.
    Sounds like that would be a great idea.

Quote Originally Posted by tworrick View Post
    Sounds like that would be a great idea.
    Use distilled water to help with electrolysis with the aluminum. Other then freezing I wouldn't be overly worried.