Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 34
  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,645

    Default St. Louis on You Tube

    "Gateway Dirt Nationals" Late Models "A" Feature Race
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1C77-NnJfxM#t=3.830748

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    champaign il
    Posts
    3,837

    Default

    Too call that the race of the year PUSHing it a lot.....

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    450

    Default

    It was race of the year to fans that only attend asphalt races.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Port St. Lucie, FL/Sardinia, OH
    Posts
    7,477

    Default

    It was race of the year to those with a vested interest. Maybe even a "Crown Jewel"!
    Last edited by MasterSbilt_Racer; 01-02-2017 at 09:34 AM.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    1,599

    Default

    hey dummys the so called race of the year was friday night not saturday night geesh we have some imbred bunnies on this board this was considered race of the year https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29cvfJ87ucI
    Last edited by calverton; 01-02-2017 at 07:45 AM.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,478

    Default

    Seeing Bloomer at the start/finish line two feet in the air tells a dirt fan all they need to know about that race. Had he not won, we would never hear the end of what a POS that racing surface was.............

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    1,599

    Default

    Yes they over worked the track sat. That's forsure

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Great Lakes State
    Posts
    2,101

    Default

    I'm guessing the whole $20k was spent rebuilding the suspension on the car after that one.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    450

    Default

    That track looked fantastic compared to Rockford Clay Classic

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    1,599

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MI Dirt Fan View Post
    I'm guessing the whole $20k was spent rebuilding the suspension on the car after that one.
    says mr brain dead

  11. #11
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Great Lakes State
    Posts
    2,101

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by calverton View Post
    says mr brain dead
    Says Mr. multiple usernames. How do you keep track of all those? You use a little notebook?

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    west union, ohio
    Posts
    5,446

    Default

    I don't think anyone was calling Saturdays race that. Fridays was a lot more action packed. It was just like being at a sx event, tv or video doesn't do it justice.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    champaign il
    Posts
    3,837

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by calverton View Post
    hey dummys the so called race of the year was friday night not saturday night geesh we have some imbred bunnies on this board this was considered race of the year https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29cvfJ87ucI
    You calling people Dummys with dents in you head from hitting the sidewalk too meany times is a LOL.. Been to Macon Raceway Lots of times (Same size track) and seen races as good or better then that one...It was good but far from Great,,,,

  14. #14
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    champaign il
    Posts
    3,837

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post
    I don't think anyone was calling Saturdays race that. Fridays was a lot more action packed. It was just like being at a sx event, tv or video doesn't do it justice.
    The thing is there is people saying it was the race of the year...And I have been too races then seen them on Utube, so I know what is and is not.. I am glad that it went will but for the ones saying race of the year .... Not close......

  15. #15
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    champaign il
    Posts
    3,837

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MI Dirt Fan View Post
    I'm guessing the whole $20k was spent rebuilding the suspension on the car after that one.
    No only 1/2 of it, He spent they other 1/2 for a new a new frame LOL

  16. #16
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    champaign il
    Posts
    3,837

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    It was race of the year to those with a vested interest. Maybe even a "Crown Jewel"!
    "Crown Jewel" It takes MORE then 1 year too be called a "Crown Jewel" And more then a $10,000 or $20,000 to win...

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    30 min from BMS
    Posts
    2,932

    Default

    Look more like hydro plane racing than dirt...not the race of the year by far
    If I havent offended you please be patient Ill get to you as soon as I can

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,138

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardirt0 View Post
    You calling people Dummys with dents in you head from hitting the sidewalk too meany times is a LOL.. Been to Macon Raceway Lots of times (Same size track) and seen races as good or better then that one...It was good but far from Great,,,,
    I don't think the racing groove was nearly the same size as Macon. Maybe the far outside was the same as the very inside of macon but not the same in racing groove

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    139

    Default

    I've got a little bit of heart trouble I better not go I don't think I can take the excitement those high speeds on a rough race track would be too much. Lol

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    139

    Default

    This place is not even in the same ballpark as Macon it's easy to see why it has been there 70 years.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:12 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.0
Copyright © 2017 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.