Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Deer Creek Speedway
    Salina High Banks

Quote Originally Posted by dmr37 View Post
    200 different tracks - very impressive. I'm pushing to hit 50 tracks, I'm at 45 right now.
    Thanks! I have basically lived in the same area all my life. What started out as trying to make it to a new track every year is now a goal of 10. Hitting races on vacations has helped and I enjoy going to new places. Now I travel 6-7 hours to see a new track. Good luck to you on getting to more new places.

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    Going to finally attend an event at Knoxville Raceway, June 3rd.
    Let me know if you need any directions or advice (places to eat, seating locations, etc.).

I will advise you to park at HyVee across the street from the track and support the Boy Scouts ($5) since my son is one.

Quote Originally Posted by Cardirt0 View Post
    Guess we in the same boat just be glad too make it to a race...Not if we make it to a lot of races....Old and sick $ucks
    The Sad part of it is though Gary i'm not that Old brother.... 51yr's young my friend and your not that old either by any mean's.... But yes getting sick does Suck! It Suck's Big Time But in my case i'm ok because i'm good with God and he has a plan for me! I hope you and everyone else out here in 4M Land have a great 2017 and make it to as many race's as you possibly can!

Quote Originally Posted by over4T View Post
    Hope that cardirt0, nasty55 and all the other 4mers that couldn't make a race last year due to health issues get to make a few this year. Good luck guys.

Over4T Ty my friend Racing was pretty much my life until i got sick a few yr's ago and Sold my Racing operation and just became a fan rather than a racer/Car Owner.. As time has went on i have slowed down on the amount of track's that i've went to and been more focused on taking care of the health and doing alot more family stuff than before and it has been enjoyable...
    If you can't race it or take it to bed! It ain't worth having!

Aaaa To be 51 agen I guess 65 ant old, but it ant young ether Nasty....6 years of being sick does $uck....I cant go to the store across the street whit out my wheeled walker now and when i get back too the house... I used up all i have for the day... Some times i wish god would come get me... But i will wate till he dies....

Aaaa To be 51 agen I guess 65 ant old, but it ant young ether Nasty....6 years of being sick does $uck....I cant go to the store across the street whit out my wheeled walker now and when i get back too the house... I used up all i have for the day... Some times i wish god would come get me... But i will wate till he dies....

Naw Gary you need to think more positive about your health buddy! Do some Physical therapy on your own and build yourself back up a little rather than sit around feeling like you are just going to wilt away my friend! Live your life to it's fullest and believe!

Nasty....I figure punching OldFart in the snout would be on your bucket list.

Thumbs up

Possibly trying to make it to the North / South 100 weekend. I tried in 2013 when I about 2 miles from the track go into a minor fender bender and just decided to drive back home...
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - Rumble in Ft Wayne. Indoor Midget show. Sat., 12/30/23
    2023 Season: Tracks 13 & Races 40 & States AL, IL, IN, NC, OH, WI
    Brownstown (IN) 2, Eldora (OH) 3, Fairbury (IL) 9, Grundy County (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 7, Kokomo (IN) 2, Lincoln (IL) 1, Shadyhill (IN) 6, Spoon River (IL) 1, Talladega Short Track (AL) 3, The Dirt Track at Charlotte (NC) 3, & Wilmot (WI) 1

I actually get to make one of my bucket list tracks. I'm flying out of Indiana on Feb. 24th to Orlando. My dad is in Port St. Lucie, FL and meeting me at the Sanford airport, picking me up and we are heading to Volusia for Friday and Saturday night racing then head back to IN on Sunday. Looking forward to seeing some dirt fly in February.

Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post
    Nasty....I figure punching OldFart in the snout would be on your bucket list.

LMAO i wouldnt announce something like that Z i would just walk up to him and do it brother lol.... Even though he has been as hateful toward's me that he has been Z i forgive him...... The reason i forgive him is because he obviously ate to many paint chips as a kid and just doesnt know any better and doesnt know how to treat people with RESPECT!! And yeah i know before anyone chimes in and says respect is earned not given..... That is true to a point... respect is earned in some instances! But it is also Given in others as well and I give respect when warranted and i disrespect with the same token as well....

Quote Originally Posted by buckeyebandit7 View Post
    I actually get to make one of my bucket list tracks. I'm flying out of Indiana on Feb. 24th to Orlando. My dad is in Port St. Lucie, FL and meeting me at the Sanford airport, picking me up and we are heading to Volusia for Friday and Saturday night racing then head back to IN on Sunday. Looking forward to seeing some dirt fly in February.

Congrat's buckeye you can't go wrong visiting the sunshine state for some speedweek's racing at Volusia... My youngest Daughter live's in Ocala,FL and we use to go down and visit during speedweek's where old dadd could go catch some racing at Volusia and EastBay... Always enjoyed both places even though Volusia was easier to get to from her place...

Quote Originally Posted by Nasty55 View Post
    Naw Gary you need to think more positive about your health buddy! Do some Physical therapy on your own and build yourself back up a little rather than sit around feeling like you are just going to wilt away my friend! Live your life to it's fullest and believe!
    I have MG to work out makes it worst.. Look it up .. There Is no Physical therapy that helps it...
    https://www.mda.org/disease/myasthenia-gravis
    I eat a lot of pills just so i can hold up my head and keep my eyes open can not walk over 200 feet and the legs stop working...I go 200 feet set down in walker and in 15 min i can do 200 more feet after 800 feet i have used up all i have and have to sleep for 3 or 4 hours be for i can do more...Life is what it is...

I have MG to work out makes it worst.. Look it up .. There Is no Physical therapy that helps it...
    https://www.mda.org/disease/myasthenia-gravis
    I eat a lot of pills just so i can hold up my head and keep my eyes open can not walk over 200 feet and the legs stop working...I go 200 feet set down in walker and in 15 min i can do 200 more feet after 800 feet i have used up all i have and have to sleep for 3 or 4 hours be for i can do more...Life is what it is...

Im sorry for your pain cardirt0. Thats a lot to go thru right there. To bad. Hope you get some strength back.
    THE REAL SLIDING SIDEWAYS!

Quote Originally Posted by SLIDING SIDEWAYS View Post
    Im sorry for your pain cardirt0. Thats a lot to go thru right there. To bad. Hope you get some strength back.
    Thanks... One day it will hit my lungs and i will not wake up... I live with what god gives me .. I have good days were i can go all day, but then i pay for it the next day with pain.. i try not to bring it up on here cause i just want to have Fun on here. Life is what it is you just keep going...I just miss the racing is all...

Quote Originally Posted by Nasty55 View Post
    Congrat's buckeye you can't go wrong visiting the sunshine state for some speedweek's racing at Volusia... My youngest Daughter live's in Ocala,FL and we use to go down and visit during speedweek's where old dadd could go catch some racing at Volusia and EastBay... Always enjoyed both places even though Volusia was easier to get to from her place...
    I have never been to either place so I'm looking forward to it. i have been to visit my folks in Port St. Lucie several times but have never been racing while there. Volusia and east bay are both about 3 hour drives from his house so he never wanted to make the trip. This year he decided to hell with it and we got a hotel right around the Sanford airport somewhere, which is only about a 40 or 50 mile trip to Volusia....should be worth it, I think, judging from video I've seen of speedweeks. Track looks fairly racy.

Since a warm Ice Bowl isn't an option again, still hoping for a Knoxville race! That one in September would be great! 2nd on the list would be FALS.

Going to make it to Tazewell in May and as much of Florence as I can handle!!!!!!!!!

Trying to go to at least 1 new track per month. So far I'm looking at...
    Atomic
    Brownstown
    I-55
    Florence
    Senoia
    Fairbury
    Cochran
    Magnolia

Quote Originally Posted by allwis1 View Post
    would like to make it to enough new tracks this year to get to 200 different tracks attended lifetime. Some of those tracks would be tri-city speedway, belle claire speedway and river cities speedway.
    belle claire will set you back, try to hit the summer nationals

Salina Ok., Oshkosh Wi., and the dirt track at Joliet Il.