Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Make it to at least 3 new tracks which would get met me to 140 .. I got some ideas but we'll see how it plays out .. sometimes work gets in the way.

Quote Originally Posted by buckeyebandit7 View Post
    I have never been to either place so I'm looking forward to it. i have been to visit my folks in Port St. Lucie several times but have never been racing while there. Volusia and east bay are both about 3 hour drives from his house so he never wanted to make the trip. This year he decided to hell with it and we got a hotel right around the Sanford airport somewhere, which is only about a 40 or 50 mile trip to Volusia....should be worth it, I think, judging from video I've seen of speedweeks. Track looks fairly racy.
    buckeye, be advised to allow some time for traffic between Sanford airport and Volusia Speedway Park. We've flown into Sanford many, many times over the years and you can always rely on traffic delays. Interstate 4 can be a huge pain sometimes of the day even though you're well North of Orlando.

Just to lessen confusion you might think about going up through De Land on Rt. 17 and catch Rt. 11 off of 17 on the Northern edge of De Land. It may take a bit longer to go through De Land but it's a straight shot.

I would also suggest going to Blue Springs State Park in Orange City if you have time. In February the manatee population at Blue Springs can be huge. Besides the manatee the whole Blue Springs experience is very nice and very interesting. Go early in the day since parking is at a premium at the springs. Google Blue Springs State Park and check it out, I think you'll be interested if you have time.