FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
January 2, 2017

Jimmy Elliott Closes 2016 with a Podium; Ice Bowl Next

Cleveland, Tennessee (01/02/17) – Jimmy Elliott snuck in a final event before the 2016 calendar came to a close. On Saturday afternoon he drove his Car Smart Auto Sales #J39 Elliott’s Tire Center/ Mighty Muffler/ Longhorn Race Car Crate Late Model to a runner-up finish in the 7th annual Hangover at 411 Motor Speedway.

Wrapping up the 2016 racing season, Jimmy Elliott made the trip to 411 Motor Speedway (Seymour, Tennessee) on Saturday afternoon for the 7th annual Hangover. Laying down the 3rd-fastest time in a field of 25 entries during qualifying, Elliott earned the 3rd-starting position for the $1,500-to-win main event. Despite losing his brakes just past the halfway mark, Jimmy posted a runner-up finish behind Tyler Bare with Jason Welshan, Anthony White, and Jason Manley rounding out the Top-5 finishers.

“It was not a bad way to wrap up our 2016 season,” said Elliott. “I lost my brakes about halfway through the race so the car became more challenging to drive, but luckily I was able to still finish 2nd. We ended this season with some momentum, and hopefully it carries over to 2017.”

For full results from this event, please visit www.411MotorSpeedway.net.

Just as quickly as Elliott put a wrap on 2016, he will be set to open the 2017 season as he travels to Talladega Short Track (Eastaboga, Alabama) this weekend for the 26th annual Ice Bowl. Jimmy will chase a $3,000 winner’s check in the Crate Late Model division at the track known as “The Hornet’s Nest.” For full event details, please visit www.TalladegaShortTrack.com .

Jimmy Elliott would like to thank his sponsors including Car Smart Auto Sales, Mighty Muffler, Longhorn Race Cars, Auto Depot, Stealth Racing Carburetors, Elliott’s Tire Center, American Race Tires, WP Shocks, Bodies by Skinny, EasyAutoOnline.com, and MSRMafia.com Marketing Services.

For the latest news, updates, and other information regarding Jimmy Elliott, please point your browsers to www.JimmyElliottJ39.com .