Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ice bowl

Quote Originally Posted by GRT32 View Post
    Hope they work the track it's already one lane
    Friend, it's the ice bowl. They work on it up till Thursday morning and that's it. Don't matter if it's 33 degrees or 73. It is what it is the rest of the weekend. Set your car up to run the bottom cause that's all there'll be. #1 reason I haven't been in over 10 years.
    2023 Races - WoO at TST

Every year there are a few cars that get rolling in the middle of the track and do some passing. Super heat races are always a good show. Feature last year had 3 lanes and passing like crazy. To the guys who are hoping for them to work the track what good would it do? Track looked good yesterday morning but within 30 minutes of hot laps it was rubbered up top to bottom like it will be all weekend.

Cancelled for the day, try again in the morning.

LOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!! Talk about dumb promoting. They knew this weather was coming for a week. Should have been called 7 days ago. Idiots!
    2023 Races - WoO at TST

How come the track promoters can be held accountable for not cancelling when they seen the forecast earlier in the week? But the racers are not held accountable for seeing the same forecast and still taking time off work and driving to the track and camping out??? Seams to me that the idiots are the ones that spent all of their money and vacation time even though they seen this forecast earlier in the week.
    Doc
    Facebook.com@DowdyRacing

Thanks for the swell comments D-Crow. We had hoped for the best and it sure did not work. Sometimes ya gamble and 7-out with all the numbers covered and sometimes you hit the hard ways.

It has always been the desire to get the show in on the original date. There was always the chance that if the race was postponed and the weather did not go South and it had changed for the better, we I guess, as the Crow said, would be idiots with that decision too. Danged if ya do, danged if ya don't.

Late Model Mark
    Down In the Iced Up Roads of Bama TST Announcer

Quote Originally Posted by Doc88D View Post
    How come the track promoters can be held accountable for not cancelling when they seen the forecast earlier in the week? But the racers are not held accountable for seeing the same forecast and still taking time off work and driving to the track and camping out??? Seams to me that the idiots are the ones that spent all of their money and vacation time even though they seen this forecast earlier in the week.
    Well said Doc

[QUOTE=Late_Model_Mark;2071494]Thanks for the swell comments D-Crow. We had hoped for the best and it sure did not work. Sometimes ya gamble and 7-out with all the numbers covered and sometimes you hit the hard ways.

It has always been the desire to get the show in on the original date. There was always the chance that if the race was postponed and the weather did not go South and it had changed for the better, we I guess, as the Crow said, would be idiots with that decision too. Danged if ya do, danged if ya don't.

i finally got out of there at lunch Saturday, first time canceling in 27 years , but sh!t happens, we still had some great BS sessions , I saved the chili fixings till this weekend, may be to hot though with temps in the 70s, but im cooking it anyway. I hate it for all the folks that came from out of town , but if i was coming from a good piece away and access to the weather forecast, well thats just a chance you take. i was surprised at how many cars showed up on Thursday and with the weather looking good this coming weekend( keep fingers crossed ) i think it may be one of the best in a while. See you Friday morning mark.

Quote Originally Posted by dirt crow View Post
    LOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!! Talk about dumb promoting. They knew this weather was coming for a week. Should have been called 7 days ago. Idiots!
    first off, its never been called, we have raced back in the mid 90s with it 28 degrees, By the way, were YOU there? before you start calling names, take a look in the mirror....

I'm right. Should've been postponed the Monday or Tuesday before for one week. I'm right all day long. Your top promoters and the top tracks in the country would have. ....And heck no I don't come to this event. Haven't been in over a decade. Cause 99% of the time by Sunday it's a one groove pig trail piece of crap. No thanks. ....whether they raced or not I wouldn't have been there. But I point out bad promoting decisions no matter where they happen. Always have. Always will. Don't like my 2 cents. Don't care. This is directed at anybody except Mark. I like Mark. Even though he's went white collar on me. Lol. ...just funning with you Mark. You da man!
    2023 Races - WoO at TST

crow we all know how you feel about TST, you have bad mouthed them more than once on here. every one had access to the forecast, yet it was probably the largest Thursday turn out ive seen , so i think this proves you wrong , but i can see you are and always will be a hater of TST, so once again , just stay away and continue your bashing because the ones of us that understand will be right back there Friday morning and could care less what you think.

The track postponing it Saturday proved I am right. And the gavel slams! Case over!
    2023 Races - WoO at TST

well, i still say all the people that showed up Thursday proves you wrong, now you stay up in your mud hole and i will stay in mine, case over.......

now back to the subject, all my good friends from Tennessee just called and said they are coming back, even though it is costing them extra money, weather looking great, i think this is going to be a great one, im predicting 400 plus cars, at least i hope so...

I think this re-do this weekend will prove to be a winner. Some may come back, some not, some new folks may show as well. This weather thing can make you look and feel like a D*&# or a smart dude.

We have been without racing since October at TST as the off season began. Now it is time to hear some in muffled, loud, fast, shiny, fresh, Late Models and other classes do some rippin' at the Hornets Nest. To me, at this time of the year, even if the track is.....fill in the blanks as some have done in previous posts not great, I'll take that big-time right now. I want to see some flippin racing, I want to talk and bull-s with our great fans, BS with the fun out-of -towners that come in too. I am looking forward to seeing Fastford and the other cool folks, I want to announce a (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) race for cryin' out load.

Just being at the track with our racing family is intoxicating for me, I am home at the track with my friends of this sport. Every friggin' race does not have to be epic and perfect!!

It is the journey, not the destination, we may not be here tomorrow or the next, that is why I savor every day, especially at the track, being in a exceptional and fortunate position to announce at any state's premiere track, and TST is Alabama's home of the best LM racing, I love it, embrace it, and do my absolute best to do it right and enjoy every time the gate opens, bring on the Ice Bowl and the 17 season!!!!!!!!!!!

Late Model Mark
    TST Announcer.. yep I still got a lot to learn and improve on, I'll keep working on it!

Heard several more coming to join in! Junghans probably the biggest name. We'll see who all shows. Could be a great weekend! Crow could even enjoy the action!

Quote Originally Posted by champion24 View Post
    Heard several more coming to join in! Junghans probably the biggest name. We'll see who all shows. Could be a great weekend! Crow could even enjoy the action!
    Nah. My first action of the year looks to be at Columbus in March for the WoO's. But I'll be at TST for the 1st race weekend. Usually my only appearance there for the year. Now if they'd get Lucas back, or the Outlaws, or any 10k event for supers, I'd be there. ...wishful thinking. Lol. Yall enjoy.

Btw, any of yall wanna tag along Mother's Day weekend to Illinois for some real d@mn racing at Farmer City and Fairbury come on. They get it on up there jack!!!
    2023 Races - WoO at TST

Who was there today? How was the track? Crow I would love to join in, but the Mrs. would kill me if I were gone on Mother s Day weekend!

So apparently the track was ok. Lots of cars. 40 ish Supers. We'll sleep a few hours & come join the fun! Come join if you can.