FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

January 2, 2017

Ray Cook Closes Out ‘16 with a Bang by Capturing Hangover Win at 411 Motor Speedway!

(BRASSTOWN, NORTH CAROLINA) Ray Cook and his own #53 race team closed out their version of the 2016 racing season in triumphant fashion on Saturday, December 31 in the annual 'Hangover' special at 411 Motor Speedway in Seymour, Tennessee! Ray posted the second quickest time in Group B during qualifying for the unsanctioned Super Late Model throwdown and later started the 40-lap headliner from the outside of the second row.

The Brasstown, North Carolina hotshoe tracked down early race leader Donald McIntosh before putting his Capital racecar out front to lead the fifteenth circuit. Ray then held on to the point for the remainder of the feature distance to pocket the $4,000 payday for his third victory of 2016 over Mike Marlar, Jason Cardwell, Jason Welshan, and Russell Erwin! Full results from the season-ending 'Hangover' can be viewed by pointing your web browser to www.411motorspeedway.net.

“Wow, what a way to end our season,” exclaimed Cook earlier today via telephone. “We applied some things we learned on Stacy Boles’ cars recently to our stuff and it worked really well. For an older car with an old Kenny Lamb motor that ran flawlessly and a driver that hasn’t turned a whole lot of laps this year, I was really pleased with how everything went. I was able to spend some time with the family in the Pigeon Forge area in the days leading up to the race and then to go home with a victory, it makes the whole trip really special and now we will start gearing up for 2017, which is already here I guess. I have to thank all of my sponsors, as well as everyone with Advanced Motorsports, for all of the help and support throughout the year!”

With his 2016 campaign now in the rearview mirror, Ray can look back at his year as a successful one in reaching victory lane on three different occasions in the thirty races that he entered. Splitting time behind the wheel of his own Capital racecar and the Capital machine owned by Stacy Boles and Advanced Motorsports, the popular driver known as the “Tarheel Tiger” also racked up ten Top Five finishes and seventeen Top Ten performances throughout the season. You can view all of his results by clicking on www.RayCook53.com.

Next up for the Ray Cook Racing team will be their 2017 lid lifter, which is scheduled to take place only a few weeks from now on Saturday, January 28 at Boyd’s Speedway in Ringgold, Georgia. The annual running of the ‘Cabin Fever 40’ is scheduled at the end of the month at the Chattanooga-area facility. The Schaeffer’s Oil Iron-Man Championship Series will preside over the single day shootout and a $3,500 top prize will be on the line. Ray finished third in last year’s version of the race, while he took home the checkered flag in the event back in 2009. More information concerning the ‘Cabin Fever 40’ can be found by accessing www.boydsspeedway.net.

Ray Cook Racing would like to thank the following group of sponsors for their continued support: A+ Moving and Storage, Tommy Pope Construction, Phillips Properties, Motion Sensors, Possum Quarter Farms, American Racer South, Capital Race Cars, Sunoco Race Fuels, Jay D1ckens Racing Engines, Kenny Lamb Racing Engines, Schaeffer’s Racing Oil, Old Man’s Garage, K&N Filters, Performance Rod & Custom (PRC), Collins Signs, Wilwood Engineering, The Joie of Seating, Integra Racing Shocks, GW Performance, Bert Transmissions, Turbo Start Batteries, Frankland Racing Supply, Stealth Carburetors, ISC Racer’s Tape, Delph Communications, Wiles Driveshafts, Peterson Fluid Systems, and MSD Ignition.

For the latest news and schedule information concerning the #53 team, feel free to visit their official Internet home at www.RayCook53.com.

Media Contact: Ryan Delph - Delph Communications
www.DelphCommunications.com