Default Fairbury SN Race?

Thinking about going to Fairbury this year since it's on my bucket list. Is the Summer Nationals a good show? Worth 7 hour drive?

bigdad, it's always a safe bet that an event at Fairbury will be a great event. The odds are heavily in favor of seeing exciting and entertaining racing. The question as to whether or not it is worth 7 hours of driving to attend can only be answered by you.

Depending on where your coming from I would hit the Tri-City show the night before and then head onto Fairbury only about 2 1/2 hours apart to make it a little more worth the drive... If you really want your $$ worth wait for the Prairie dirt classic at the end of July it never disappoints
    "Running the bottom is like having a job!" ~ Jack Hewitt

I went last year for the first time to the Prairie Dirt Classic ..great racing and awesome atmosphere ..I drove from the E.Tenn-area and would recommend it.

Both of them races are good and there is a good race close too it if you want too make it for 2 nights... Even a off night is a good night at fairbury.....

Any race at FALLs has he potential to be the best one you ever seen. I'd go for the Prairie Dirt Classic. Lots of great drivers and always seems to be race of the year or close to it. The Falls Frenzy was a great race last year also. 700 miles is a long way. I would suggest a double header. Line up Farmer city or LaSalle with Falls. They are not too far away. Most of the SN races have a race in Illinois every night bur Monday

Can't make it to the PDC because I'm working that night. I'm driving from middle Tennessee. Just looking to find good tracks out there and I heard that there is none better.

If you are coming from that far, maybe consider coming for the weekend of May 12-14 for the big triple header. Farmer City is running a $20k special on Friday, Fairbury is running their $10k Frenzy special on Saturday, and Spoon River is running a $5k special on Sunday.
    Opinions are my own. Twitter.com/ShinySideUp18

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Side Up 18 View Post
    If you are coming from that far, maybe consider coming for the weekend of May 12-14 for the big triple header. Farmer City is running a $20k special on Friday, Fairbury is running their $10k Frenzy special on Saturday, and Spoon River is running a $5k special on Sunday.
    There all close so that would be one too think about... I love FarmerCity and Fairbury. Living close too them has been good for me....There will be a lot of the top drivers that weekend for shour...

That does sound like a great week end. Last year the Fan Frenzy was one of the best races, you will see anywhere.

I attended my first ever race at Fairbury in '56.... Then again in '16... Not sure why I waited 60 years between race nights.
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019

Lucas is off that weekend and then running at lasalle thurs 18th. I bet a few will run both FC and FALS
    Always carrying my 2 Crown Jewels

I'd play it loose on driving 7 hours for the May race. Weather up here in IL can be iffy in spring, most of our rainouts come early season (typically). The summer nationals race is usually a good bet. That being said, the May 12-14 weekend will be a great one if the weather holds up, showcasing three great tracks in this area.

When isn't the weather iffy in the midwest

As far as rain outs go. Its a chance everyone takes. Going by past experience FALLs will get the race in, if at all possible. No quick rain outs. Farmer City has a problem with the pit area and just a little water.

here is a bit of video from the last one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4-OiVVL9kU

I would have a hard time driving 7 hours for any 1 day race. I agree the May 12-14 triple header would be a great bet. Even if u just got FC and FALS that would be more bang for your buck.
    Always carrying my 2 Crown Jewels

or hit tri city then fairbury