Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ryan Gustin

World 100 dream ump kinda blows that out of the water doesn't and usra guys can't even keep in the same straight as a ump mod

Quote Originally Posted by stock car driver View Post
    Sounds like your talking about ten years ago.

USMTS barely has any shows in their own area (iowa) due to the fact there aren't many regulars on the series any more and locals don't flock to add to their shows like they used to either.

9 Iowa Races out of 58 for 2017 that's not to bad considering that Iowa is IMCA territory.....
    If you can't race it or take it to bed! It ain't worth having!

not one in ILL or IND

Quote Originally Posted by Nasty55 View Post
    9 Iowa Races out of 58 for 2017 that's not to bad considering that Iowa is IMCA territory.....
    That's not good considering USMTS is based out of IOWA and they used to have half the schedule in Iowa 10 years ago. And used to have 75-80 cars at those Iowa shows, now they are lucky to have a b main with ten cars.

And 10-15 years ago IMCA had B-C-D even an occasional E feature on a weekly show around here. They now have 1 or two tracks and they cant even get a B feature. Times is changing.

USMTS is based out of Iowa but they are a national touring series. If they didn't get out of Iowa they would be considered a regional touring series.

Nothing is as strong as it was in the past just have to make due with what we've got.

Quote Originally Posted by calverton View Post
    World 100 dream ump kinda blows that out of the water doesn't and usra guys can't even keep in the same straight as a ump mod
    The tires play a big part. Rarely do the USMTS guys run those hoosiers UMP runs, they are a different animal. When the UMP guys go run USTMS they don't dominate so its a two way deal. Experience and track time on each tire is key.

But not even making the b main 3 nights in a row
    Last edited by calverton; 01-06-2017 at 12:38 PM.

Ryan will be back in a LM for the Short Track Shootout later this month driving for Fito Gallardo.

Quote Originally Posted by calverton View Post
    But not even making the b main 3 nights in arow
    Please be more specific. Your vagueness is overwhelming.

Not going to rip on a driver but happened twice this year once in a UMP car ,when you get pulled down the straights by a back marker you brought the wrong motor
    Last edited by calverton; 01-06-2017 at 12:58 PM.

What USMTS/USRA driver raced any big UMP races around STL this year? Besides Jeremy Payne and Steve Muilenburg at Mod Mania. And both made the show night 2 with 80 cars so a false statement that they can't hang.

Kenny Wallace is a perfect example. He runs good in the majority of UMP races but never has finished to brag about with USMTS on the hard tire in the same car. They are each their own beast, when Stormy Scott drove Kinder's UMP car he put a spanking on the field

Betcha wallace doesn't bring the same car and yeah i forgot ryan finishing 14 th and 24 th must've been there highlight of their season lol face it neither were competive to a bunch of lowly local drivers lmao

Quote Originally Posted by stock car driver View Post
    That's not good considering USMTS is based out of IOWA and they used to have half the schedule in Iowa 10 years ago. And used to have 75-80 cars at those Iowa shows, now they are lucky to have a b main with ten cars.

I do realize this and although you might have a valid point to some a Serie's does grow and that's exactly what Todd and Janet Staley have done is take modified racing to a new level..... DEo i like their pay structure aye it is ok if you can transfer thru up to the b main's i believe it is.... Di i like tehir Tire rule? H3ll to the know because they are hard as fuk but they also make a driver work for it as well and that i like..... Good Serie's all around kinda glad that I believe but dont hold me to it that i read that Sanders was going strictly Latemodel racing this year??

Quote Originally Posted by Nasty55 View Post
    I do realize this and although you might have a valid point to some a Serie's does grow and that's exactly what Todd and Janet Staley have done is take modified racing to a new level..... DEo i like their pay structure aye it is ok if you can transfer thru up to the b main's i believe it is.... Di i like tehir Tire rule? H3ll to the know because they are hard as fuk but they also make a driver work for it as well and that i like..... Good Serie's all around kinda glad that I believe but dont hold me to it that i read that Sanders was going strictly Latemodel racing this year??
    Sanders isn't going strictly late model racing, but the late model is taking priority and the modified is going to be pick and choose. Basically, the exact opposite of what he's been doing the last few years.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

In the social media press release photo right next to the latemodel pictured was a modified with a brand new body hung on it. An that was the impression i was under aswell josh.

Quote Originally Posted by george w View Post
    In the social media press release photo right next to the latemodel pictured was a modified with a brand new body hung on it. An that was the impression i was under aswell josh.
    I tend to think he wants to get a late model tour under his belt before following one of the two national late model tours in 2018.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Bayko View Post
    Sanders isn't going strictly late model racing, but the late model is taking priority and the modified is going to be pick and choose. Basically, the exact opposite of what he's been doing the last few years.

Ty Josh i wasnt sure quite how he was going this yr and i dont really follow Sander's other than i know he is Good lol....