Default E85?? Anyone having any luck?

I'm thinking about switching to E85 fuel for next year but I don't know anything about it. Has anyone been running it? Any good or bad about it? Thanks.

Hard to get in off season ,need to check it often when you buy .Gas stations blend varies up to 10%.with the new fuels out e 85 not as competitive as it once was

Takes about a 35% richer calibration compared to gas. Plenty folks use it, need to check and adjust blend for consistency with your carb calibration for your chosen blend.

I like it. Runs cooler than gas. Uses very little more than gas. Cost roughly 1.50 to 1.60 a gallon in the summer. The only drawback I can see is that you have to check it with a $15 tool to make sure it doesn't have too much gas content, which is only in the late fall to spring. Buy 2 or 3 barrels in September before the mixture changes and you are good to go. Same fuel pressures and pump as gas.

Quote Originally Posted by HEAVY DUTY View Post
    I like it. Runs cooler than gas. Uses very little more than gas. Cost roughly 1.50 to 1.60 a gallon in the summer. The only drawback I can see is that you have to check it with a $15 tool to make sure it doesn't have too much gas content, which is only in the late fall to spring. Buy 2 or 3 barrels in September before the mixture changes and you are good to go. Same fuel pressures and pump as gas.
    I would buy E98 (consider it 100% ethanol for this application) from your race gas dealer and cut it down with either non oxygenated premium or race gas.I would use 4 gallons of e98 and one gallon of premium. Gets the mix to 80% ethanol content. Easy to mix and tune as long as you do it the same way every time. Would always test exactly the same. Won several races with this in mods. But have your carb built for it by someone who knows what they are doing. We had 2 that barely ran and nearly gave up on it.