Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 33
  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Great Lakes State
    Posts
    2,851

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    213

    Default

    Sears/Kmart are also closing 150 stores. Already heard 2 of our local stores will be closing this year. Hope there's no effects on the WoO deal.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    champaign il
    Posts
    4,257

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan21mid View Post
    Sears/Kmart are also closing 150 stores. Already heard 2 of our local stores will be closing this year. Hope there's no effects on the WoO deal.
    Craftsman Is no longer part of Sears.. You can get them at hardware stores now. I think its Ace.......

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    champaign il
    Posts
    4,257

    Default

    If Black and Decker got them thats too bad, they have too be the Worst tool maker there is...I would not Buy them from B and D if you payed me......

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Tn
    Posts
    153

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardirt0 View Post
    If Black and Decker got them thats too bad, they have too be the Worst tool maker there is...I would not Buy them from B and D if you payed me......
    Have to agree B an D.is junk now ,they use to be good tools an drills an saws and all but not anymore

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Great Lakes State
    Posts
    2,851

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardirt0 View Post
    Craftsman Is no longer part of Sears.. You can get them at hardware stores now. I think its Ace.......
    I think that's what Black and Decker wants to do is to expand it. I think it said only 10% is sold outside of Sears and I believe it's straight to mechanic shops?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    champaign il
    Posts
    4,257

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MI Dirt Fan View Post
    I think that's what Black and Decker wants to do is to expand it. I think it said only 10% is sold outside of Sears and I believe it's straight to mechanic shops?
    All my tools are Craftsmans If they start making them like B and D tools I am done with them....

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    champaign il
    Posts
    4,257

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MI Dirt Fan View Post
    I think that's what Black and Decker wants to do is to expand it. I think it said only 10% is sold outside of Sears and I believe it's straight to mechanic shops?
    I got a tool at Ace or Do it best just 2 mouths a go... thing it was do it best...

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Knoxville IA
    Posts
    101

    Default

    Sears Holdings is who sponsors the Outlaws, not Craftsman. They just put the Craftsman name on their sponsorship.

    By the end of 2017 they will no longer own the Craftsman name.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    champaign il
    Posts
    4,257

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vande077 View Post
    Sears Holdings is who sponsors the Outlaws, not Craftsman. They just put the Craftsman name on their sponsorship.

    By the end of 2017 they will no longer own the Craftsman name.
    Will that means that comes too a End then.....

  11. #11
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    944

    Default

    Sears is selling a lot to stay afloat. The buildings/stores that they own they have sold and are now paying rent to the new owner. Sears / Kmart have been and continue to close stores. Ashame for the dedicated employees.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Imperial,Pa
    Posts
    855

    Default

    I used to work for Sears holding few years ago. They have been closing kmarts and sears for many many years now. They closed my store back in 2014. The told us the closings are a way to put assets back in the company for the future. I would not be worried about them pulling out as I believe it was a 3yr term in their contract.
    Bryan De-Signs & Decals

    Custom Race Graphics
    http://www.bryandecals.com

    Get Noticed in 2016

  13. #13
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    champaign il
    Posts
    4,257

    Default

    Sears is DEAD they will be gone in 3 or 4 years .....

  14. #14
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    6,567

    Default

    They bought KMart. I mean, talk about shooting yourself in the foot. No one to blame but theirselves. KMart has been going down the sh!tter for years. Sears needed to resurrect their own company, and instead buys a pile of crap like KMart.

    Feel bad if WoO does lose it, but Sears needs to concentrate on theirselves and its employees.
    RIP Chris Cornell

    Dam shame, great voice, and great bands he was the front man for.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    champaign il
    Posts
    4,257

    Default

    Looks like they will still be made in the U.S. and they are building a new plant in the U.S. and will be sold were Stanley and DeWalt tools, are sold. So this may be good.. The size of the Plant or were it will be build has not been released yet...

  16. #16
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    champaign il
    Posts
    4,257

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chupp n bloomer fan View Post
    They bought KMart. I mean, talk about shooting yourself in the foot. No one to blame but theirselves. KMart has been going down the sh!tter for years. Sears needed to resurrect their own company, and instead buys a pile of crap like KMart.

    Feel bad if WoO does lose it, but Sears needs to concentrate on theirselves and its employees.
    Dont think they will looks like for the next 3 years its a joint deal and tools will still be also sold at Sears.. Sears keeps the right to sell the tools but Stanley will run how and were the tools are made....

  17. #17
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    stateline indiana
    Posts
    2,347

    Default

    You have that wrong, Kmart bought sears

  18. #18
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    champaign il
    Posts
    4,257

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    White Hall, WV
    Posts
    697

    Default

    Statement on WOO site about sponsorship. "The CraftsmanŽ brand has quickly become an important member of the dirt track racing community, as title sponsor of the World of Outlaws Craftsman Sprint Car Series and World of Outlaws Craftsman Late Model Series. The announcement of Stanley Black & Decker's agreement to purchase the Craftsman brand is exciting for everyone involved and we look forward to the opportunities that it will create. We are operating business as usual under a multi-year agreement for both Sears and Craftsman to continue as valued partners of the World of Outlaws."

  20. #20
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    6,567

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by golddirt View Post
    You have that wrong, Kmart bought sears
    Always did mix that up. Shoe fits either way, both were struggling. Fix your own sh!t, before you buy another failing company.
    RIP Chris Cornell

    Dam shame, great voice, and great bands he was the front man for.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:38 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.0
Copyright © 2017 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.