Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thumbs up Mansfield (Ohio) Motor Speedway going back to being a dirt track.

Mansfield Motor Speedway
    Mansfield, Ohio

Mansfield Motor Speedway going back to being a dirt track.
    They have an All Star Circuit Of Champions race there on Memorial Day Weekend Sunday, May 28th.
    Link to article - http://www.mansfieldmotorspeedway.co...s-to-mansfield
    Last edited by HoosierDirtFan; 01-05-2017 at 04:29 PM.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - Rumble in Ft Wayne. Indoor Midget show. Sat., 12/30/23
    2023 Season: Tracks 13 & Races 40 & States AL, IL, IN, NC, OH, WI
    Brownstown (IN) 2, Eldora (OH) 3, Fairbury (IL) 9, Grundy County (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 7, Kokomo (IN) 2, Lincoln (IL) 1, Shadyhill (IN) 6, Spoon River (IL) 1, Talladega Short Track (AL) 3, The Dirt Track at Charlotte (NC) 3, & Wilmot (WI) 1

Triple series pays 5k for lates, 410 wings, and non wings. Plus a lucas race. I guess gateway ended up successful for Cody.
    Always carrying my 2 Crown Jewels

They could probably bring the trucks back if they wanted to, since the facility was renovated for them.
    Opinions are my own. Twitter.com/ShinySideUp18

LOLMS will be there July 2nd.

And thats only an hour and a half from home... If i'm feeling up to it i'll be there...
    If you can't race it or take it to bed! It ain't worth having!

If this turns out to be successful & they have races every Saturday who goes down the tube first - Wayne County or Hilltop ... or both?

Here way go again , another guy that reminds me of drag racer turned promoter from a few years back and we all know how that worked out ! NOT TO GOOD !!!! Guy comes in and already schedules on top of The Jim Dunn qualifier at Hilltop not 40 miles away! what a POS.

Is this another cover the pavement with dirt deal? If so, why beat your head against the wall?

I will say, This guy likes to crack those tough nuts. If it was me. I'l look for a good track to lease for a race, instead of taking chances on iffy tracks. I have still never seen a dirt covered pavement track, that was better than adequate. St Louis was less than adequate. I seen Bull riders get a smoother ride. Seems to me, you would take what is good and keep it and what was not quite gets lost. Good was his hype and promotion and not quite was the rough track.

It is his deal to run but hope he is planning to pay more than $100 to start the $5K to win LM shows which is what he did at Gateway.

It'll be interesting what big money show he is planning to run in 2018

I have heard that a lot of drivers at St louis are not happy with the pay out ..O pay out for heats.. and the down pay in the A main was not good...A Friend say one driver told him 300 bucks to get in 600 bucks in tires and 800 bucks to fix the car from the ruts and got 0 in pay out...Said he will not be there next year...

Quote Originally Posted by Bubstr View Post
    Is this another cover the pavement with dirt deal? If so, why beat your head against the wall?

I will say, This guy likes to crack those tough nuts. If it was me. I'l look for a good track to lease for a race, instead of taking chances on iffy tracks. I have still never seen a dirt covered pavement track, that was better than adequate. St Louis was less than adequate. I seen Bull riders get a smoother ride. Seems to me, you would take what is good and keep it and what was not quite gets lost. Good was his hype and promotion and not quite was the rough track.
    Sharon Speedway was a dirt track, then became a 1/2 mile asphalt track for about ten years or so. Then they put dirt on top of the asphalt and left it that way for about 25 years. Then when the Blaneys, Kirilas, and the Wellers bought it, they shrunk the track. 3n4 you walk on the old asphalt track to go to the backside. 1n2, I think one still has asphalt down there, but I think two it probably extends out to the back grandstands. They went from a big 1/2, to a 3/8. And this year finally some good red clay, so we shall see.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubstr View Post

I don't get it. Their are over 700 dirt tracks in the Country and some find a need to cover paved tracks with dirt to race on.
    8/13/16

My thoughts to Highside. Aren't there enough dirt tracks in Ohio? Then some one putting it on that just got done screwing 75 DLM drivers at the dome. But let's not be to hard on the fella.

Quote Originally Posted by Nasty55 View Post
    And thats only an hour and a half from home... If i'm feeling up to it i'll be there...
    I will try to make at least 1 race there too nasty,cause I have family that is only 30 minutes from the track and it will give me a good reason to go visit them.LOL

Running a 15k to win sprint race on Knoxville Nationals weekend. Might actually draw a lot of guys that couldn't run Knoxville.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by bullring View Post
    Running a 15k to win sprint race on Knoxville Nationals weekend. Might actually draw a lot of guys that couldn't run Knoxville.
    Yeah it world draw a lot of cars but not if it pays only $100 to start. Top heavy payouts aren't a very smart idea if your looking to draw a field of cars. That's what Tony Izzo Jr. has been saying. these guys got to go home with something and feel like they where welcome at their track and they just might return to race there again.
    If the race has lets say a $30,000 / $35,000 total purse and the race pays $15,000 to win that don't leave a whole lot for the rest of the field.
    But if you pay $10,000 to win you have a lot more to spread out through out the field
    $10,000 to win and $600 to start is in my opinion a lot better then $15,000 to win and $350/ $400 to start.
    Just trying to show an example of what some promoters and drivers / teams are looking at. Have a fair payout and you just might see a good field of cars. The racing at the Gateway show was good but the payout was absolutely pathetic.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - Rumble in Ft Wayne. Indoor Midget show. Sat., 12/30/23
    2023 Season: Tracks 13 & Races 40 & States AL, IL, IN, NC, OH, WI
    Brownstown (IN) 2, Eldora (OH) 3, Fairbury (IL) 9, Grundy County (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 7, Kokomo (IN) 2, Lincoln (IL) 1, Shadyhill (IN) 6, Spoon River (IL) 1, Talladega Short Track (AL) 3, The Dirt Track at Charlotte (NC) 3, & Wilmot (WI) 1

If you were a racer would you trust this clown

Quote Originally Posted by calverton View Post
    As they say it takes one to know one so if hes a clown you and him must be Bros...

You don't know me or nor my believes so stfu

Quote Originally Posted by calverton View Post
    Wasn't you just swinging from the promoters nuts a couple weeks ago, praising how great he was? And now you are bashing him....you're are special kind of stupid and a cancer to the sport!