Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Someone clear this up for me. The same guy that promoted the disaster in the dome bought Mansfield Speedway? Is this guy working on behalf of an investor group or on his own behalf?

I'm surprised that anybody was dumb enough to think that the pay was going to be decent. It was a novelty event.

I have no problem with it paying nothing if you didn't make the A, however that should most definitely have been relayed to the teams before they signed up.

Lesson learned: If you can't handle not getting a check after it's over, don't sign up and go.

Quote Originally Posted by zach51 View Post
    Lesson learned: If you can't handle not getting a check after it's over, don't sign up and go.
    It's a safe bet that will be the case for many car owners if this event is repeated next December.

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    It's a safe bet that will be the case for many car owners if this event is repeated next December.

I don't see how they could repeat this event again. Unless they change to another class of racing vehicles. Midgets? or something else.

If there is a 3 year lease that is, otherwise this was a hit and run show.

Looks like a hit an run to me I said it would never work before they ever started but everybody wanted to talk about how great it was going to be they pumped this race for months.

Sommer is about 29 years old so I would imagine he's fronting someone or some thing.

It was odd how this event was so hyped several months before the event, and then the closer it got the information became harder and harder to get. To charge a $300 entry fee to these guys and not give them a dime is ridiculous. Some of these guys never had a prayer of making the A, and probably some wouldn't have showed if they knew the payout structure. But I'm sure that was kept under wraps like most everything else until the event happened.

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    Someone clear this up for me. The same guy that promoted the disaster in the dome bought Mansfield Speedway? Is this guy working on behalf of an investor group or on his own behalf?

Cody doesn't own Mansfield, just a standing promoter.
    Last edited by zyoung25; 01-06-2017 at 06:47 PM.

Yes it was kept under wraps. To attempt to cover it up and not tell anyone is a shame. It is unfortunate that he would do this and think no one would speak up

Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post
    It wasnt a disaster for one.

Cody doesn't own Mansfield either, just a standing promoter.
    Really? Not a disaster? I'm thinking there are a fair amount of dirt late model car owners that might take issue with that line of thought. LOL!

I never said he owned it. I asked the question if he did, or not. Thanks for the clarification. I think.

Quote Originally Posted by thexfactor0210 View Post
    Yes it was kept under wraps. To attempt to cover it up and not tell anyone is a shame. It is unfortunate that he would do this and think no one would speak up
    I see you're from northern IL. What car were you with?

Yea but Friday was the best feature ever ran anywhere, I know that because DOD said so.

Quote Originally Posted by ptown View Post
    Yea but Friday was the best feature ever ran anywhere, I know that because DOD said so.
    That's what he says because he doesn't go to the races. If it's on the internet it must be true.........

Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post
    Cody doesn't own Mansfield, just a standing promoter.
    i would think twice about bringing that shyster near a track

Quote Originally Posted by bullring View Post
    It was odd how this event was so hyped several months before the event, and then the closer it got the information became harder and harder to get. To charge a $300 entry fee to these guys and not give them a dime is ridiculous. Some of these guys never had a prayer of making the A, and probably some wouldn't have showed if they knew the payout structure. But I'm sure that was kept under wraps like most everything else until the event happened.
    chili bowl entry fee is 200 I do believe http://www.chilibowl.com/downloads/get.aspx?i=72453
    Last edited by calverton; 01-06-2017 at 08:39 PM.

I find it odd that here we are nearly a month removed from the event and just now hearing about this? Am I missing something?

I'm asking this loosely because I'm not making accusations. He shafted people at Carolina Crown races, Gateway Nationals event and is now leasing or buying a race track?

Quote Originally Posted by zach51 View Post

I have no problem with it paying nothing if you didn't make the A, however that should most definitely have been relayed to the teams before they signed up.

You took the words outa my mouth!

Good Lord, everyone wants a trophy and a check!
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

Quote Originally Posted by ptown View Post
    well yeah since they were announcing best feature ever maybe not , entertaining YES

Those who dont understand not getting anything clearly have no idea about owning or operating a race team. Tell every driver out there that payouts for all Late Model races are done if you dont make the show and see how far that gets them. The sport is tough enough to survive with costs the way they are now as is. If you tell a guy that only 22 drivers out of nearly 100 are going to make money I gurantee over half would not show. It just does not make sense. The promoter purposely tried to hide any purse details because he knew what the reaction would be. The point will be made if he attempts the same purse and runs gateway once again.