Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by a25rjr View Post
    You took the words outa my mouth!

Good Lord, everyone wants a trophy and a check!
    Dude. If you spend $300 just on a fukin entry fee, and cannot even get back at least half that, you're a fukin crook. Not to mention, hotels, food, tires, and fuel.

Now, I also blame the racers for not demanding the payoff in black and white before a car hit the track.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Quote Originally Posted by LMNED10 View Post
    Word on street is that the payoff was very bad, I think Friday night total purse was $11,000 and Saturday purse was better but not for what was charged to get in. Also have you noticed how quite it has been since this race has been run, with only DOD giving it some reviews, not much else about it. We never heard if Bloomquist tires were right. Also understand that there were some cleanup issues at the dome that those people were not happy about, just curious to see what develops with this
    Then go ask people that know, not a person on here, someone who actually knows if his tires were good. They had the no groove and sipe rule I was told. I'd say yes, because it would be on here for two months if not.

I wondered about them cleaning it up in 48hrs. I don't see how they could have it done that quick and left it in a satisfactory condition.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Cody is promoting Mansfield, he doesn't own it. I'd sure as he!! want the payoff in print beforehand. I'm skeptical of putting down that much GOOD CLAY and having it ready that quick. And the track being in good shape.

He didn't do too bad at Gateway all things considered, but he had some good help.

Quote Originally Posted by chupp n bloomer fan View Post
    Dude. If you spend $300 just on a fukin entry fee, and cannot even get back at least half that, you're a fukin crook. Not to mention, hotels, food, tires, and fuel.

Now, I also blame the racers for not demanding the payoff in black and white before a car hit the track.
    I've been on dlm teams for 25 years. We NEVER got paid when we didn't make a race, even when we ran series races that had entry fees! Wouldn't want it any other way....its racing!
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

Quote Originally Posted by MI Dirt Fan View Post
    I'm asking this loosely because I'm not making accusations. He shafted people at Carolina Crown races, Gateway Nationals event and is now leasing or buying a race track?

Promoting it with the option to buy.... he must know someone though because they already have a lucas race for 2017....
    If you can't race it or take it to bed! It ain't worth having!

I've been on dlm teams for 25 years. We NEVER got paid when we didn't make a race, even when we ran series races that had entry fees! Wouldn't want it any other way....its racing!

When I had my Modified team for all the years i had it there were time's we pulled away from a show empty handed probably 10 time's in 18 yr's so yes it does happen in all classes of Racing...
    If you can't race it or take it to bed! It ain't worth having!

Just because the payouts are on paper doesn't mean that's what your going to get. Been there before. A couple times.

I agree that the payout should have been more extensive, going down into say B-main or C-main finishers. But shoot, this had to be a very risky financial proposition with a ton of up front costs, and anyone acting as promoter would have to be a durned fool to promise payouts they couldn't deliver. As far as I've seen they delivered what they promised. If there's a next year, I think we can all agree that the payout should be better. ----- I still can't believe the number of "fans" who feel the need to gripe about an event that they didn't attend. You weren't there, you don't know what it was like any more than I could claim to understand it from a driver's perspective. My heart is in big 1/2 mile tracks, the opposite of what was at Gateway, but it was a lot of fun to watch and if they do it again I'll be back. And that's from more than 8 hours away.

Quote Originally Posted by calverton View Post
    Karma is a bitch hope he fails at Mansfield
    3 weeks ago you drooled gateway juice and now this???

You're one neurotic trip.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Well I say this and it all I'm going to say I was there for the first race Jarod landers set the track record Jonathan Davenport lead the first part then broke a motor Jarod took the lead cut a re tire drove back to the lead wile running out of gas ended up second got a phone call a week later that the winning car tires were doped and he was the winner then a week later Cody showed up at Clint bowyer racing to tell that he was not going to throw out the winner and Jarod was second and with all that said he had the 10k in cash and paid cbr and that's how that went and that's A fact cause I seen and heard it with my own eyes and ears as far cody Carolina king never took off because he has no balls and didt uphold the rules he made at the end of the day he should have throw out the winner and gave Jarod Lander the win and if u look back no one but jd showed up the next year

It's one thing if the drivers/teams were promised something and didn't get it. It's another thing to talk about what people think is "fair".

The amount and duration of the hype for the event seemed overboard to me. You couldn't avoid hearing about the race and I was under the impression the field was filled back in the early summer. As race day approached...even as the cars were taking the track I scoured the interwebz and still couldn't find a list of who was running even on DoD. I can't say I was surprised that the field was much smaller than people were lead to believe. Every other race DoD covers live they give you a pretty good idea who is going to be there. For example the WWS has a tentative list of drivers posted already.

I don't really have a point to this post other than something seemed sketchy to me from the get-go. When you can't avoid hearing about how awesome a show is going to be but you can't find the most important info about it like entry lists and purse payouts it just makes you feel like someone is hiding something. Would the fans have been less excited about it if they said there were going to be 90 cars rather then 150? I doubt it.

I'm glad a lot of people thought the Friday race was good. That's really all that matters...that it seems like most of the people in attendance enjoyed themselves. But IMO one night the racing was nothing more than good...which is what 90% of all DLM events are. It's a dang shame so many races that are as good or better don't get a fraction of the hype.

I hope the event continues and it is successful, especially for the drivers and car owners. From what people are saying it sounds like most of the drivers put on a free performance for the fans and hopefully they get a return on their investment in the future.

The guy's promotional history was sketchy before he even ran this event. It was racer beware from the jump, and I'm sure it had a bunch to do with the far less than promised car counts.

But, if it wasn't in print that show up money would be paid, yet you were expecting it, the frustration is on you. Always read the fine print.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Quote Originally Posted by FourDeepInTheFluff View Post
    I find it odd that here we are nearly a month removed from the event and just now hearing about this? Am I missing something?
    I heard about it the next day.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post

he is a troll. always negative. you should never hope a track fails. ask any fan of Cleveland speedway in tn. we are the lost tribe.
    victim

We've been racing for 30 years and have never NOT gotten paid. Granted, we run modifieds, and not late models, but even now, if we pay an AMS entry fee, and fail to make the show, we usually get back no less than that entry fee, assuming we race in a B Main.

Quote Originally Posted by xray View Post
    would you goto work if your employer couldn't tell you what you were going to be paid? I don't think cody is the one with the problem......
    it has happened before trust me been there done that didn't like it

That's because he read how good it was on DoD. Because if it's on DoD it must be true.

"as far cody Carolina king never took off because he has no balls and didt uphold the rules he made at the end of the day he should have throw out the winner and gave Jarod Lander the win and if u look back no one but jd showed up the next year"

Always a good idea to throw out the winner who was certified legal, you uneducated dimwit.

3 weeks ago you drooled gateway juice and now this???You're one neurotic trip.
    i ALL FOR IT SURE i WAS BUT YOU F@CK OVER THER DRIVERS I AM NOT AND WON'T SUPPORT ANOTHER ONE OF THIS CLOWNS EVENTS EVER AGAIN ALOT PEOPLE WORKED THEIR A## OFF TO MAKE GATEWAY HAPPEN ALL TO SCREW OVER THE DRIVERS BUT HEY LOOK AT CHILI BOWL WHICH i WON'T ATTEND THEY BEEN DOING THAT FOR YEARS 200 ENTRY FEE 275 PER PERSON FOR PIT PASSES FOR THE WEEK ALL FOR 10K AND AND SOME SNAZZY TROPHY WOW

Quote Originally Posted by calverton View Post
    i ALL FOR IT SURE i WAS BUT YOU F@CK OVER THER DRIVERS I AM NOT AND WON'T SUPPORT ANOTHER ONE OF THIS CLOWNS EVENTS EVER AGAIN ALOT PEOPLE WORKED THEIR A## OFF TO MAKE GATEWAY HAPPEN ALL TO SCREW OVER THE DRIVERS BUT HEY LOOK AT CHILI BOWL WHICH i WON'T ATTEND THEY BEEN DOING THAT FOR YEARS 200 ENTRY FEE 275 PER PERSON FOR PIT PASSES FOR THE WEEK ALL FOR 10K AND AND SOME SNAZZY TROPHY WOW
    Just shows that YOU DONT GET IT...Chili Bowl is a Big deal to win and you have no Ideal whats going on..Just like we all hope you face plant a Sidewalk to day. Cause it makes are day...