Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Yeah a big deal to the promotor the drivers are not getting anything oh that's right a chance for fame om some cable chanel that many people can't get

racer's need to make $$$ or this sport dies...

Or at least break even , betcha some of the people behind the scenes will not be around the next time he tries putting this event on again what a shame
    Last edited by calverton; 01-07-2017 at 01:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by calverton View Post
    Or at least break even , betcha some of the people behind the scenes will not be around the next time he tries putting this event on again what a shame
    Whats it like Knowing if you went to a race track and a 4m meeting.. that you cant say WHO you are cause most would kick you in the NUTS,,,,,,

well it won't be you-you are not able sorry to say racers are there to at least break even or cut their losses they are not there the total love it I may just hit a drivers meeting and find the truth about gateway

Quote Originally Posted by calverton View Post
    well it won't be you-you are not able sorry to say racers are there to at least break even or cut their losses they are not there the total love it I may just hit a drivers meeting and find the truth about gateway
    It will not be me but I bet i get a lot of Tex from the ones that do LOL...

ok tex lol

Quote Originally Posted by old fan View Post
    ok tex lol

Hey old fang, is perverton now in hiding after the Gateway Heist???

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_Wetter View Post
    lmao.........
    8/13/16

lmao.........you caught that as well.
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    I heard about it the next day.
    I meant "we" as in message board masses. But the more important question to be answered is why did no one think to mention it before now? Maybe because the event was a success and now people need something to bitch about?

Tracks around here in lower level classes, and some upper level classes, dont pay past 10th in the A main.
    Last edited by FourDeepInTheFluff; 01-07-2017 at 06:59 PM.

Racers at the local level in all, but possibly the headliner class, pretty much accept the fact that unless they finish in the top 3 they are going in the toilet for the evening. That's probably the biggest reason that the number of new racers, many of which are young hopefuls, diminish each year. No bucks and you struggle and you do without and/or your kids go barefoot. Nothing wrong with that and if you get better and your stuff & your driving improve you may move up a division where you find find you spend more and still can't get ahead financially and most likely never will.BUT if you get into a top class like LM or 410 Sprints and spend several hundred on entry fees, pill draw fees, tow hundreds to thousands of miles to some big show and don't get a nickel will you return to that show the next time. Yeah, I didn't think so. I won't either.

I would be interested to know what it cost to rent the dome and all the other buildings he had for the pits. I am sure he got a discount for renting multiple days, just curious.

hell no I DON'T HIDE

Quote Originally Posted by LMNED10 View Post
    I would be interested to know what it cost to rent the dome and all the other buildings he had for the pits. I am sure he got a discount for renting multiple days, just curious.
    Exactly I doubt about any discount believe it are not the dome is more active now then when the football team was there , I am glad some sanctions don't have entry fees except for the really big events
    Last edited by calverton; 01-07-2017 at 07:51 PM.

The 30 grand was to be based on car count. All the advertising for the race stated that fact. He didn't have a full field so he paid 20 grand everybody else got their full payout. Don't really like the guy but in this case you knew going in the purse could be cut. 20 grand to win for a 20 car field that was unsaction wasn't too bad.

So it was actually a businessman's charity and fund raiser???

So it was actually a businessman's charity and fund raiser???
    Wonder how much he $$$$ stuck in his pocket?

yeah no kidding I guess Izzo was right he knew all along what kinda deal would happen

Quote Originally Posted by callmez View Post
    I agree that the payout should have been more extensive, going down into say B-main or C-main finishers. But shoot, this had to be a very risky financial proposition with a ton of up front costs, and anyone acting as promoter would have to be a durned fool to promise payouts they couldn't deliver. As far as I've seen they delivered what they promised. If there's a next year, I think we can all agree that the payout should be better. ----- I still can't believe the number of "fans" who feel the need to gripe about an event that they didn't attend. You weren't there, you don't know what it was like any more than I could claim to understand it from a driver's perspective. My heart is in big 1/2 mile tracks, the opposite of what was at Gateway, but it was a lot of fun to watch and if they do it again I'll be back. And that's from more than 8 hours away.
    Oh yes. If you weren't there you don't understand. Lol, always love this argument. Well, until you take it up the a$$, you don't know what it's like.

He took a huge chance, but for guys to pay $300 and get $0, that's ridiculous.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.