Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lift bar

Default Lift bar

Has anyone tried the Neuline lift bars? https://www.neulineco.com

Quote Originally Posted by MBR Performance View Post
    Has anyone tried the Neuline lift bars? https://www.neulineco.com
    Similar to what CJ did a year or 2 ago. I'm not a believer

While I'm not an engineer, I don't think their claim of the "push vs. pull" is the possible difference in performance as much as the change in anti-squat based on the height of the point at which it pushes/pulls on the chassis is.

It's different so they'll sell some.

I know a guy that put one on his car about mid season last year, he likes it. Haven't done a before and after stop watch, but it didn't seem to slow him down any.

I've seen the ads, watched the videos, similar boat to Billet on it thus far. Little pricey for me to buy just to check it out... i wonder how hard it is to put in a car (fabrication required) and how easy it is to bind up.

I have one. I tried it a few times. It did give awesome forward drive (almost to much), however, my car was erratic on entry with it. Being a one man band I don't have the time to work out the bugs and went back to my normal 5th arm setup. If I had help with the fine tuning I would use it again, but with my limited time and resources I had to just go back to what works. I would sell it pretty cheap if someone wanted it, just PM me.

Curt

Quote Originally Posted by Racehard27 View Post
    The video claims, "if your looking for forward bite, look no further", and from the looks of the video, I didn't see any hardly any travel in this unit, and no shock control either, what we run nowadays requires the rear to move up wards in atleast 3" to 4" so rear moves back to the right during this "upward motion" and without the rear moving aggressively upwards doesn't allow everything to happen like it should, i.e. getting barred up, hats off to innovation but looks like a fad to me, there is all the traction you need in a lift bar set up and then some.
    Uhh....What?

No I agree with Matt49 on this one. What??

I think what RH is trying to say is, maybe the front attachment point is looking pretty solid, so perhaps limiting the action of rear steer as the LR hikes and RR compresses?

But seriously though, that was pretty hard to read. No need to get all pissy.

^^^ I don't think anyone was picking on you...it did take me a couple of times in reading your post before I understood it (at least I think). If I'm not mistaken, when you are referring to the "rear" moving, you're talking about the chassis moving up and to the right, which many refer to as the rearend actually moving forward (LR) and to the left (as in left vs. right, underneath the chassis)? But maybe based on post #11, you're talking about moving the front of the liftbar up when the car is static (on jack stands), and the rearend moves to the right? Which it will with a J-Bar mounted frame/left.

Either way, all is good.

The video of the Neuline Arm is from my car. That was put on my 08 Seingarm Rayburn that was absolutely horrendous in the slick (as advertised for swingarms). It was very easy to mount, given my old man is a welder. It took maybe 45 minutes to assemble. We have tested it on that car. We were running an all steel 434 with the supers. We ran well with it and it helped my car tremendously. It did reduce travel in the rear but we took time to play with the shims (the ones they gave us and using different bump stops). I am sold on how it worked on our Rayburn. We picked up .16 avg per lap with it. Nothing crazy but took us from an avg 8-10 car to a 6-8 (local shows).As for 4 bar, we will have an answer this season. We have a 2014 Blue Rocket that we ran the 2nd half of the season. We will be spending a day at the track testing the 5th coil set up and then putting the Neuline on. We will be clocking both sessions and will get a legitimate answer on if it helped us with this new car or not

Quote Originally Posted by cjsracing View Post
    I have one. I tried it a few times. It did give awesome forward drive (almost to much), however, my car was erratic on entry with it. Being a one man band I don't have the time to work out the bugs and went back to my normal 5th arm setup. If I had help with the fine tuning I would use it again, but with my limited time and resources I had to just go back to what works. I would sell it pretty cheap if someone wanted it, just PM me.

Curt
    I think you would have a lot of trouble fixing that issue.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Might need a dampener shock to help with the recoil of the bushings. Most generally with what looks to be rubber biscuits they do not generally recoil like a coils pring does, but it might be worth a shot.
    There are a lot of benifits to controlling pinion movement up and down, because it also moves rear end side to side. Which can sometimes made it difficult to get the car to scotch up if the pinion is raising and falling a lot. Rr tire kind of gets shocked with side to side monment( just my opinion though)
    Probably why it helped on the Rayburn car on poser above. The pinion rotated a lot on those Rayburn pullbar. This probably helped the car a lot on corner entry.
    I think there should be lifeguards in the genepool.

This thing isn't going to do anything you can't already do with the lift arm we've been using for a couple decades.

Nothing to see here folks.

I wasn't trying to pick on anybody...I seriously didn't understand what was being said...my apologies.

That being said, I am not sure that less upward travel of the lift bar would affect rear steer. It appears that the rear end is free to move since the Neuline lift arm has heims at the rear end. Unless we are saying that it is binding at a certain amount of left-right angle.
    Now on the front part, it does appear that the lower joint is going to have some restrictions on how much side to side angle it can get and that (I think) would be the same as the angle of the rear end (when viewed from behind) to the chassis...which is pretty significant.
    The hole thing seems a lot less articulate (maybe not the best word) than a traditional lift bar setup. Not bashing the product at all, just not sure how it will perform.

It's a lot of money to spend on something that may or may not help.

This would have been a great item before the LR behind suspension.

We purchased one at the PRI show and trying it out on a 15' BWRC. All of our race tracks up here are very dry slick(minus I96) and we are just trying to find speed in the slick. If this is the worst money we spend racing I think we would take it haha. Will post some feed back when we get to test it out.

Same boat, my brother wants to try one so were gonna weld it in...

Seems like the theory to me is less movement in the front, but more controlled. Damper shock might be in order, like Justaddirt said. We shall find out this coming season.

Question about lift bars in general, the two pick up points on the rear end, should they be in the middle of the track width of the rear end?

Our car last year would never max out travel on the LR, even thou i had massive amount of droop in the pits. Even started limiting the RR droop, it helped but i always fought it to get the LR up all the way. I noticed with the body off in the shop, that the Lift bar was off to the RR tire by about 1 inch. I thought maybe thats the culprit, not sure.

Just say no...

Quote Originally Posted by Kromulous View Post
    Same boat, my brother wants to try one so were gonna weld it in...

Seems like the theory to me is less movement in the front, but more controlled. Damper shock might be in order, like Justaddirt said. We shall find out this coming season.

Question about lift bars in general, the two pick up points on the rear end, should they be in the middle of the track width of the rear end?

Our car last year would never max out travel on the LR, even thou i had massive amount of droop in the pits. Even started limiting the RR droop, it helped but i always fought it to get the LR up all the way. I noticed with the body off in the shop, that the Lift bar was off to the RR tire by about 1 inch. I thought maybe thats the culprit, not sure.
    People argue if the lateral location of the lift bar has any effect on the car. It sure does with a pull bar. I don't think you are barking up the right tree, however. It is either a bind, lack of enough lr anti-squat, or some sort of roll center+CG issue.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1