Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Depends on what

Call me out all you want. I don't care. Evidently they decided to take the extra shock off the left rear and move it to the right rear. Clearly visible on the Wednesday night pics that's posted on DoD. The pic on DoD clearly shows the top of a shock on the RR front and shows the bottom of the shaft of a shock on the back of the birdcage on the RR. Lucas rules says 2 shocks on the LR and 1 each on the other 3 corners. My eyes aren't what they used to be but I can see good enough to see 2 shocks on the RR.

Quote Originally Posted by slmcrewchief99 View Post
    Call me out all you want. I don't care. Evidently they decided to take the extra shock off the left rear and move it to the right rear. Clearly visible on the Wednesday night pics that's posted on DoD. The pic on DoD clearly shows the top of a shock on the RR front and shows the bottom of the shaft of a shock on the back of the birdcage on the RR. Lucas rules says 2 shocks on the LR and 1 each on the other 3 corners. My eyes aren't what they used to be but I can see good enough to see 2 shocks on the RR.
    Is that why he didn't win last night?

I figure it has more to do with his "cloakofinvisibility" for the feature last night ptown.

Shocking another conspiracy in dirt late model racing
    Last edited by reid boys; 01-12-2017 at 10:52 PM.

slmcrewchief99 again that is where you are wrong. There are NOT 3 shocks on the left rear. There are 2. Not all things that LOOK like a shock in a photo at speed from 50 feet away are a shock. I don't care to comment on what is on the left rear but the black cylinder that appears in the picture with the red at the top is in fact not a shock. It has ZERO dynamic motion and it was approved for use by Lucas and WoO - I called to confirm. So instead of making a guess based on a photo - have a little trust in the guys that are being paid to keep everyone on a level playing field. Ask Moyer if he is satisfied with the tech. Ask Bobby. Ask Mars. Ask any of these guys. And these are the ONLY guys that we have to please when it comes to tech. If you think ANYONE will win a race without getting thoroughly teched you are dead wrong. If you get to the scale with something on that wasn't on at pre-race and it isn't approved - they WILL be disqualified - no questions asked. We may not catch every guy that is running something they shouldn't be BUT if they go to those scales any time they are being looked at.

It is frustrating when people who aren't here start nonsense when they assume.

I also invite everyone to go and look at the photo in question on DoD. http://www.dirtondirt.com/photoGallery.php?id=6159
    Last edited by flagone; 01-12-2017 at 10:54 PM.

Mr. Kelley, I'm not trying to argue with you on this. Not at all trying to call you out. I see the picture and the piece you are talking about. I didn't comment about that from the pic. I said there are 2 shocks on the RR and that's all. I'm not assuming anything.

What pic are you looking at that shows a right rear? And I am not trying to argue with you either. I have a guy that knows how to count shocks. He has been teching cars for me for close to 20 years.
    Last edited by flagone; 01-12-2017 at 11:00 PM.

There are a few of the regional guys around here that are using 2 shocks on the RR. Some of the regional shows we go to will allow it. Lucas does not allow it. All I said is there is 2 in that pic and that I thought it was Lucas rules out there and the rules call for only 1.

DoD pics from Wednesday night.

Slmcrewchief99.. I blew that picture up to 10x and I'm seeing exactly what you are. That's a shock my friend and if it isn't why is there to begin with? The rumors start flying and the man goes from 2 nights of domination to fighting hard for 3rd. Thing that make you go hmmmm!!

Quote Originally Posted by Centeroff View Post
    Slmcrewchief99.. I blew that picture up to 10x and I'm seeing exactly what you are. That's a shock my friend and if it isn't why is there to begin with? The rumors start flying and the man goes from 2 nights of domination to fighting hard for 3rd. Thing that make you go hmmmm!!
    lol' Fighting for 3rd? Another 5 laps and you would probably have a different winner. Just started a little deeper in the field is all.
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by pierceFAN View Post
    Bobbys car is 100% legal
    Now you lied. There ain't one out there that is.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Quote Originally Posted by pierceFAN View Post
    I'm sure there are grey areas where the interpretation of the rules come into play on any race team...I'm talking about flat out cheating....not happening at team Pierce...no tire soaking...and do you really think they would really have something illegal with the suspension when it's in plain sight for all to see? I mean they don't cover anything up...the car is there for all to see..use your head people
    You don't need an interpreter for a tape measure.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

PierceFan, I never said on a single post that him or anyone was cheating. I asked about the rules and thats it. Go read it again. I was assuming they were going by Lucas rules. Obviously not. I'm not in the least bit upset about it. If we were out there racing then it may be different. So take it down a notch or 2. We all have the right to question what is happening. Thats all I am doing.

The pic of Jimmy Mars car on Dirt on Dirt from Wed night's photo gallery also looks like he has 3 shocks on the left rear. If it's not then it's 2 shocks and 1 device that looks like a shock and acts like a shock so it's splitting hairs.

Dalemcfan, I didn't look at it last night and should have. A lot of pics from that angle will let us see a few things for sure. I will take a look at it tonight. I knew I would upset some people but I am just asking for clarity on the rules.

Just looked at a pic of Mars' car. I am going to say that is his chain limiter. It has bushings on that end of the chain and it is encased in a small tube. I don't think that's a shock.

No car had more than 2 shocks on the LR or more than 1 on the PERIOD. I waited for cars to be unloaded today to look for myself.

And I looked at the top 3 myself tonight postrace. All legal.

All have been legal by 2016 Lucas rules. Perhaps you should be here to make that statement because no one here has said a word about it and has watched us tech these guys each night. I do not see extra shocks in any photo and if you do you are seeing someting other than a shock.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    Let's spend 2 hours per car teching and keep making new rules every year! You should have to change everything in the off season! Heaven forbid guys use that most exotic of components, the brain!
    We should just sit back and let them have free reign, that has worked out great in all forms of motorsports and the financial sector.

If it takes two hours to count shocks, and to look at there rear end, then you need to find a new line of work. I'm amazed at how crazy you all get over simple rule changes. On one hand are they the answer, no, on the other, you cannot let drivers/crew chiefs have free reign. Winning and money, two things people will do whatever it takes to be successful at.

I know you are pretty smart, look at the price of them things. You think that's sustainable, because it is not in no way shape or form. And the crates and all modifieds are in the same boat.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.