Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Quote Originally Posted by slmcrewchief99 View Post
    PierceFan, I never said on a single post that him or anyone was cheating. I asked about the rules and thats it. Go read it again. I was assuming they were going by Lucas rules. Obviously not. I'm not in the least bit upset about it. If we were out there racing then it may be different. So take it down a notch or 2. We all have the right to question what is happening. Thats all I am doing.
    Take it down a notch? I didn't realize I had take. It to any notch...just stating the facts

The pic of Jimmy Mars car on Dirt on Dirt from Wed night's photo gallery also looks like he has 3 shocks on the left rear. If it's not then it's 2 shocks and 1 device that looks like a shock and acts like a shock so it's splitting hairs.

Dalemcfan, I didn't look at it last night and should have. A lot of pics from that angle will let us see a few things for sure. I will take a look at it tonight. I knew I would upset some people but I am just asking for clarity on the rules.

Just looked at a pic of Mars' car. I am going to say that is his chain limiter. It has bushings on that end of the chain and it is encased in a small tube. I don't think that's a shock.

No car had more than 2 shocks on the LR or more than 1 on the PERIOD. I waited for cars to be unloaded today to look for myself.

And I looked at the top 3 myself tonight postrace. All legal.

All have been legal by 2016 Lucas rules. Perhaps you should be here to make that statement because no one here has said a word about it and has watched us tech these guys each night. I do not see extra shocks in any photo and if you do you are seeing someting other than a shock.
    ULTIMATE Super Late Model Series
    www.ultimatesupers.com
    KELCAR Motorsports Media and Management
    www.kelcarmotorsports.com
    Next Events:

Feb 16-18 - Screven Motor Speedway - Sylvania, GA - Winter Freeze VII
    March 4 - North Georgia Speedway - Chatsworth, GA - 2017 ULTIMATE Season Opener - $4000

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    Let's spend 2 hours per car teching and keep making new rules every year! You should have to change everything in the off season! Heaven forbid guys use that most exotic of components, the brain!
    We should just sit back and let them have free reign, that has worked out great in all forms of motorsports and the financial sector.

If it takes two hours to count shocks, and to look at there rear end, then you need to find a new line of work. I'm amazed at how crazy you all get over simple rule changes. On one hand are they the answer, no, on the other, you cannot let drivers/crew chiefs have free reign. Winning and money, two things people will do whatever it takes to be successful at.

I know you are pretty smart, look at the price of them things. You think that's sustainable, because it is not in no way shape or form. And the crates and all modifieds are in the same boat.
    RIP Craig Sager

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by chupp n bloomer fan View Post
    We should just sit back and let them have free reign, that has worked out great in all forms of motorsports and the financial sector.

If it takes two hours to count shocks, and to look at there rear end, then you need to find a new line of work. I'm amazed at how crazy you all get over simple rule changes. On one hand are they the answer, no, on the other, you cannot let drivers/crew chiefs have free reign. Winning and money, two things people will do whatever it takes to be successful at.

I know you are pretty smart, look at the price of them things. You think that's sustainable, because it is not in no way shape or form. And the crates and all modifieds are in the same boat.
    They have yet to do anything to contain cost. You picked out a couple areas of enforcement. The rule book is much larger than that. All we need are some basic dimensions, locations for the tires, etc. Just like it was for decades. Then, if you want to keep costs down, disallow specific, expensive components.

These cars are on borrowed time and so far the powers that be have accelerated the demise. Not slowed it.
    2016 Races
    Florence -10.........................Brownstown - 1
    Moler-11
    Richmond -1
    Eldora-6
    Atomic -3
    Lawrenceburg -1
    Twin Cities - 2
    Portsmouth - 1
    Brushcreek - 1

read what Ruhlman cars said about late model bodies and noses about cutting cost

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    They have yet to do anything to contain cost. You picked out a couple areas of enforcement. The rule book is much larger than that. All we need are some basic dimensions, locations for the tires, etc. Just like it was for decades. Then, if you want to keep costs down, disallow specific, expensive components.

These cars are on borrowed time and so far the powers that be have accelerated the demise. Not slowed it.
    I don't disagree with what ya said here either, very true. Gotta be a fine line, and a common ground.

And let's face it, the rear is the focus of the rules, not the front. Them front noses and flares for one are outta control, but the rear is the focus for sure.
    RIP Craig Sager

Quote Originally Posted by chupp n bloomer fan View Post
    I don't disagree with what ya said here either, very true. Gotta be a fine line, and a common ground.

And let's face it, the rear is the focus of the rules, not the front. Them front noses and flares for one are outta control, but the rear is the focus for sure.
    Yeah. They let the nose guys do whatever they want. The first nose I saw with the chin spoiler gave me a sense of dread.
    2016 Races
    Florence -10.........................Brownstown - 1
    Moler-11
    Richmond -1
    Eldora-6
    Atomic -3
    Lawrenceburg -1
    Twin Cities - 2
    Portsmouth - 1
    Brushcreek - 1