Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Default Wild West Shootout

Not real impressed after night 1. Great job DoD on the PPV. Track was top dominant the whole night for LM's. Mods put on a good show. Hope they get it figured out by next weekend.

Congrats to pierce race team on there night #1 win
    THE REAL SLIDING SIDEWAYS!

Agree. No more ppv for me. Not impressed with track. Not sure how it will change the rest of the week. Wet and on the wood around the top early and then locked down. Mods were good but LM sucked

Congrats to lil Bobby and crew
    If I havent offended you please be patient Ill get to you as soon as I can...... and yes Im a Bloomquist fan...deal w it!!! WWG1WGA!!!

Just watched the replay and I didn't think the track was as bad as some are saying.

Booby doing the Bloomquist crotch chop was lame.

Only 2 cars in the top 10 advanced more than 2 spots from their starting position. That says it all in my book. Did you watch the heats or B mains? Very little to no passing in those either. That being said, I am not much of a big track fan, so it is easy for me to find fault. I will be there this weekend, and hope to see better racing.
    Last edited by turnleftandgasit; 01-08-2017 at 09:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by turnleftandgasit View Post
    Only 2 cars in the top 10 advanced more than 2 spots from their starting position. That says it all in my book. Did you watch the heats or B mains? Very little to no passing in those either. That being said, I am not much of a big track fan, so it is easy for me to find fault. I will be there this weekend, and hope to see better racing.
    I just watched the feature and it looked like the cars were running all over the track so that's all I was going by. And I agree with you other than Eldora and Knoxville I don't like the big tracks.

Pierce +1
    Overton +2
    Simpson +0
    Thornton jr +1
    Pearson +2
    Breazeale -5
    Krohn +5
    Sanders +1
    Marler +3
    Strand -4
    Mars +0
    Moyer +2
    Mahder +3

If Breazeale hadn't screwed up on that 1 restart, nobody in the top 5 would have advanced more than 1 spot!

Give it a chance that track was ALOT better then others first night out... although there wasn't slide jobs thrown lap after lap to me it looked like it had potential an guys did race side by side for periods of time during the feature. It wasn't great I'll agree to that but i think they got something to build on.
    Last edited by george w; 01-08-2017 at 10:37 AM.

For the first race I thought it was okay but the track should get better....At least there wasn't major holes in each corner like some races I watched last year........Bobby started in the best place he could have and drove away....Not much more to say but congrats on the win.

The Arizona Speedway website calls the track a big 1/3 mile. I watched the PPV and it actually does look larger than that on TV. I measured it up on GE and it measures 3/8 of a mile if you measure out where the top groove was last night. Everyone has their frame of reference but I don't consider a 3/8 of a mile to be a big track. For those who consider Macon is the optimum size track then I reckon Arizona Speedway is in fact a big track. By my standards a big track is a true 1/2 mile like Knoxville or Terre Haute. 1/3 and 3/8 intermediate size and 1/4 or 1/5 small. Of course it's all in the eye of the beholder.

I was somewhat surprised they didn't farm the track at least once through the course of the evening. That being said the track actually held up much better than I thought it would considering the number of cars and laps that were turned on in.

If mortified's are your favorite they actually put on a better all around show that the late models with 3 and sometimes 4 wide racing being relatively common.

I think there is the potential for some very good racing to take place throughout the course of this event. If last night was any indication Bobby Pierce easily could be a threat to win the cash for winning 5 out of the 6 events. Anything is possible but 6 out of 6 would require supernatural luck and consistent speed. Not sure even young Pierce is that lucky and good, but who knows, it could happen!

they are saying big 1/3 mile as it s not really a 1/3 mile but gotta say something , depends on where you measure it also if bobby wins that's 100k plus winnings plus point championship not a bad weeks vactation out in the sun

Now take your meds and go to bed. ahahahhahhhaaaaa

you know being a fed workers 90 percent of the fed workers are asleep look at the mess they are always in

Quote Originally Posted by perverton View Post
    blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah
    Agreed!!!!!!

That is what you get with that racing format. They should have left it as a passing points format. The racing would have been better.

Pierce +1
    Overton +2
    Simpson +0
    Thornton jr +1
    Pearson +2
    Breazeale -5
    Krohn +5
    Sanders +1
    Marler +3
    Strand -4
    Mars +0
    Moyer +2
    Mahder +3

If Breazeale hadn't screwed up on that 1 restart, nobody in the top 5 would have advanced more than 1 spot!
    Its a product of qualify. Most races run that run qualifying end this way. Passing points makes for a happy crowd. Nobody wants to work for it anymore. I didn't buy the PPV. Did the mods qualify as well or run passing points?

Mods were passing points, but they weren't glued to the cushion. They put on a good show, and were all over the track.
    The X mods were even quite racy.
    I would put it on big hard tires/track prep, more than qualifying/passing points for the LM's.
    Last edited by turnleftandgasit; 01-08-2017 at 05:08 PM.

Keep in mind that the promoter screwed the fans over and went with a horrible format to make Clanton happy, and he didn't even show up. They made it perfectly clear that they don't care about the fans one bit.

The format is how we run most of our shows here in central IL, so I don't have an issue with it. I understand some don't like it, but it is what I am used to.