Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    LOL!! Just attempting to keep the dirt late model community abreast of what some of the stars of that genre' are up to.

Nasty, you don't think litey will weigh in on this, do ya'?! LOL!! It's always good for a laugh to see him frothing at the mouth! Metaphorically speaking, of course. LOL!!

CIRF you were right Litey took the bait and ran with it as usual lol..... I'm not so sure that is so much called frothing at the mouth down there in StLouis as much as it is Glory Hole Mouth in Litey's Case lol....
    If you can't race it or take it to bed! It ain't worth having!

Quote Originally Posted by ClampedUp View Post
    I'll go with Kyle or Rico.....
    ClampedUp while i would like to see JD or T-Mac win it i've got to go with your pick's as well because they are both just that D@mn good in anything they drive... Midget's or sprint's and they are both Fearless....

Quote Originally Posted by WisWildManFan View Post
    F Sammy and good luck to JD but I believe we will see him in the D main or worse.

Although i'm not going to say F Sammy I will say that i'm not a big fan of the man who would knock his Grandma out of the way to get a win....

Quote Originally Posted by Centeroff View Post
    Wouldn't be surprised if JD made a little noise down there. He is a pretty big dude and those cars are tiny so it's gonna be a tight fit in the (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)pit. Love to see a DLM driver show up and cash the check!
    A big block modified/dirt late model guy has won it once in the 30 years the race has been in existence so it's not unprecedented but the odds are against it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cardirt0 View Post
    CIRF did Doug Wolfgang run when he was still racing Love that guy he could race...
    Yes Gary, Wolfie raced The Chili Bowl. I think more than once, too. Steve Kinser also raced a midget at The Chili Bowl but it was back in the days when they could still shoe horn him into one.

Quote Originally Posted by FourDeepInTheFluff View Post
    It seems as though the standard set for being "the biggest A-hole motorsports has ever seen" is based on him continuing to do something at his son's wishes and should be of none of your concern?
    I believe that is correct. According to what I've read Kevin expressed his wishes prior to being taken to De Moines from Knoxville that his Dad carry on as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by Nasty55 View Post
    CIRF you were right Litey took the bait and ran with it as usual lol..... I'm not so sure that is so much called frothing at the mouth down there in StLouis as much as it is Glory Hole Mouth in Litey's Case lol....
    LOLOL!!
    Last edited by CIRF; 01-09-2017 at 08:13 AM.

everyone has the same chance it's what they make of it that counts

https://mobile.twitter.com/TheFast49...685120/photo/1 Pic of JD squeezing in his ride! Those cars are made for little cats!

there has been drivers alot bigger than him get in one Steve Kinser comes to mind we had a local driver years ago that was big guy and got in one

Bubba the love sponge somehow fit in one. I think he lost about 50 pounds though when he had that wreck.

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    It's a safe bet that Kyle Larson wants it more than anyone. Whether that will equate to taking home The Golden Driller remains to be seen but Larson certainly has the ingredients in place: experience, the burning desire and a racecar built and prepared by one of the best that has ever brought a racecar of any kind to a dirt race track.............Keith Kunz.

For the second year there will be a void at The Chili Bowl that can't be filled. Kevin Swindell, love him or hate him, is the standard these days by which everyone is measured at The Chili Bowl. I was never a big Kevin Swindell fan but I will once again deeply miss him racing in Tulsa. I suspect most everyone else in attendance, either in the stands or in the pit area, feels pretty much the same way.
    I too wasn't a big fan of Kev's. However, he's a heck of a wheelman and the Chili Bowl hasn't been the same without him. Definitely looking forward to him being back next year! It's going to be tough for him after his accident but just getting back in the car will be good to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan21mid View Post
    I too wasn't a big fan of Kev's. However, he's a heck of a wheelman and the Chili Bowl hasn't been the same without him. Definitely looking forward to him being back next year! It's going to be tough for him after his accident but just getting back in the car will be good to see.
    Ryan, what have you heard about Kevin's rehab progress? I haven't heard anything for a while now but it sounds as if Kevin's progress is favorable. And yes, if Kevin gets back in a racecar it would be a happy day for all of racing!

In regards to Kevin's driving ability I was not totally convinced until I watched him climb into an ARCA stock car at Springfield in which he'd had no seat time, whatsoever. He proceeded to win the 100 miler having never before seen Springfield and never driven a Cup style stock car on dirt. It may sound a bit odd but I gained a huge amount of respect for Kevin that day. What he did has been tried many times over the years and rarely has it been done.

There hasn't been much public update on his progress lately. I know he is done with therapy in KY after 16 months and he & Jordan got married in Belize and he was able to stand throughout the ceremony. Movement in his legs is still limited but slowly making progress. Recently announced he'd be back for CB 2018, and I'm not sure if the movement in his lower extremities will be sufficient by then or if they're planning to use hand controls. They mentioned walking with canes so that's a good sign, I know its a slow process.

I was listening to KNIA radio the night of Kevin's accident. He wanted his dad to finish that race, was the word from the pits. Of course some expect Sammy to put on his white coat and stethoscope and heal his son at the hospital. Sammy has been called Superman, but not quite that super. He did what he was good at and made money to pay the Doctors.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan21mid View Post
    Recently announced he'd be back for CB 2018, and I'm not sure if the movement in his lower extremities will be sufficient by then or if they're planning to use hand controls.
    Thanks for the update. Especially the part about Kevin racing at the 2018 Chili Bowl. I've got a feeling that when Kevin comes out for his first heat race there'll be a roar that will lift the roof of the 11 acre shed that houses The Chili Bowl. I hope I'm there!!

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Centeroff View Post
    https://mobile.twitter.com/TheFast49...685120/photo/1 Pic of JD squeezing in his ride! Those cars are made for little cats!
    Begging for some leg room it looks like. LOL
    Politically Incorrect.

The biggest a hole in motorsports wasn't just based on that one action more like 25 years of actions... That was just the pinnacle. Pretty sure he blew up in the first few laps of that race after the incident.

I don't particularly like Sammy and there is plenty to go after Sammy for, but the fact that he did exactly what his son told him to do definitely isn't one of them. It's a baseless claim made by a known and many times confirmed crack pot who somehow is silly and self important enough to take issue with something that is purely none of anyone's business.

Sammy can, has been, and in all likelyhood will again be an a$$hole, but in this case the obvious a$$hole wasn't/isn't Sammy. Can anyone guess who is?

Quote Originally Posted by Stede Bonnet View Post

Yep and beat the heck out of your knees, I give him zero chance.

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Stede Bonnet View Post
    Why rico is so good!

seems ken schrader did ok in a midget

Well, we're walking out the door headed for Tulsa in about 5 minutes. Ya'll enjoy The Chili Bowl, I know I will.

Livin' On Tulsa Time!!