Default Which motor would be best choice?

Our track is starting a new class and I was wondering what everyone's imput would be for motor options. The rules is nothing bigger then a 358ci, has to be factory heads no aluminum heads, factory cast iron intake and unmodified 2 barrel. Or we can run the 602 with factoy Gm seals and a 650 4 barrel with vacuum secondary. With the 602 the car can weight 200lbs less.

What is your tire rule, suspension rule, and track surface like? Also on the engine, what is the rule on the bottom end and cam? The 602 will surprise you, at least on a regular 4 barrel carb in my experience, but your leaving some important variables out for your decision IMO.

The tire rule is we gotta run 8in tires, had to be stock suspension, no street stock shocks, no hemi joint shocks, racing spring has to be 5 or 5 1/2 inches, front Springs no shorter then 9 and rear Springs no shorter then 11, no screw Jack's. No after market tubular lower control arms, uppers my be replaced with stock dimension tubular upper arms with bolt in ball joint. No screw in ball joints. The track is a 3/8 semi banked track, it's usually dry and slick, the motor has to pull 12" vacuum at 1000 rpm. All engine parts must be stock parts or equal weight and diameter.

602 its a no brainer

I agree with the 602 those rules are very lopsided towards the crate IMO.

Thanks guys, I thought the 602 was the best choice

I'm an engine builder and never tell anybody to go crate but they need to make a rule change to give the built motor a little bit more as its too restricted.

im with you dereksehi , 200lbs and 2 brl carb is to much , i would take the carb but 200lbs is to much,

what the he!! is this ? /\ /\ /\ /\ /\

Quote Originally Posted by fastford View Post
    what the he!! is this ? /\ /\ /\ /\ /\
    It's where a spambot or some other computer malware has been able to create a fake user account (or take over a valid user's account) and send garbled up messages to this website...

If it's a fake account, it should be deleted. If it's a valid user, that user should change their password.