Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 54
  1. #21
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    561

    Default

    Didn't the Buckeye's beat saban and the tide with a 3rd string qb in the 1st ever FBS championship???? Being from nw Ohio I never new I lived so close to the mason Dixon line

  2. #22
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    champaign il
    Posts
    4,222

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MI Dirt Fan View Post
    Can't comment on that because I didn't see it.
    Both were flaged 15 yards and wile they were held by there feet and were helmet to helmet.. rule books says you out of game.. but not call..So it happens Just like the picks were not called...

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    law offices everywhere
    Posts
    2,238

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardirt0 View Post
    Both were flaged 15 yards and wile they were held by there feet and were helmet to helmet.. rule books says you out of game.. but not call..So it happens Just like the picks were not called...
    Not too sure about the 2nd one. Theyre getting carried away with those calls. The defense cant always judge when the ball carrier moves his head.
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

  4. #24
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    champaign il
    Posts
    4,222

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by a25rjr View Post
    Not too sure about the 2nd one. Theyre getting carried away with those calls. The defense cant always judge when the ball carrier moves his head.
    2nd one was close.. and not called so its back too what day it is and witch ref is on the field..
    Just like the so called or not called Pick.. The out side player went strait up the field, if he had gone too the left and up then it would have been a Pick..Its all how each person looks at it and If you have a say in it....

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Old farts mind
    Posts
    6,788

    Default

    Yup, when homie held the belt up their fate was sealed.........and ironically enough, the 2 that was doing all the cheap shotting was the guy that got burned for the winning td.

    karma being a beyotch all over the place in Tampa last night......not really a tiger fan definitely a Dabo fan though......he handles himself well for a redneck.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    30 min from BMS
    Posts
    4,053

    Default

    It was a dam good game. Bet ya that sorry @$$ Kiffin was sitting back saying if he had been there it wouldve been different outcome. Glad the trophy stayed in the SOUTH
    If I havent offended you please be patient Ill get to you as soon as I can

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Within Earshot of Sun Valley
    Posts
    145

    Default

    The officiating left a lot to be desired. Not a fan of either team but calls and no calls went against both teams. They even struggled spotting the ball correctly. Disappointed that the officials for that caliber of game weren't up to the task.

    The Tide player who held up the belt was just showing that he has one. Now only if he wears it to keep them britches up where they belong.

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    law offices everywhere
    Posts
    2,238

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dirtdobber45 View Post
    It was a dam good game. Bet ya that sorry @$$ Kiffin was sitting back saying if he had been there it wouldve been different outcome. Glad the trophy stayed in the SOUTH
    Yep, UA's offense looked pretty generic. It kept them in it, but I believe they would have won it handily if Kiffin would have been there. Either way, the state of Alabama won!
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

  9. #29
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Great Lakes State
    Posts
    2,780

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post
    Just curious....who was then?
    And we still wait to find out.......

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    law offices everywhere
    Posts
    2,238

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post
    Just curious....who was then?
    I may be a little partial, but FSU could have beat both of them. They had Clemson beat and let it slip away!
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

  11. #31
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Mountaineer
    Posts
    1,014

    Default

    Bama relies on their defense too much. I knew their offense couldn't keep up with Clemson so I made a healthy profit on the money line with the bookie. On the bright side, Alabamas qb is on a 18 year old true freshman. Watson was too much in the end or should I say I seen about 3-4 great catches on that last drive. It was definatly on heluva football game. I'm sure we will see the Tide back in the playoff again next year and will only be stronger!

  12. #32
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    west union, ohio
    Posts
    5,619

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by a25rjr View Post
    I may be a little partial, but FSU could have beat both of them. They had Clemson beat and let it slip away!
    That's just it....they had their chance and lost it. To me Bama was deserving of being there than anyone. Outside of them, it was slim picking of teams that had a chance of beating them. I don't OSU had a chance of being in there, their too one dimensional, shut down Samuel, and it's game over for the bucks. Michigan would've faired better than OSU in the playoffs, still don't think they couldve beat Clemson though. Washington, I don't think they were too deserving of being in the playoff either. I think the best 2 teams played....that's just my opinion.

    I know Michigan got beat by FSU....that was pretty much a home game for FSU. It would've been a better playoff if FSU, Michigan, Bama, and Clemson were the 4.

  13. #33
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    106

    Default

    Two best teams played and the Best Team WON!!
    Go Tigers!!

  14. #34
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    4,530

    Default

    Watson improved his draft stock.. hope he falls to Rd 2 and the Bears grab him

  15. #35
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    thedirtysouth
    Posts
    1,405

    Default

    just remember, our Q-back is only 18 yrs old, his true freshman year has well exceeded cam newton or any other true freshman stats as far as i know, hes not scared to run and when his passing game improves , he will by a force to recon with. i am a loyal tide fan, but i will say dabo,s emotion at the end got to me and i am glad for the ole red neck from Alabama. so i say to all you SC fans , congratulations, you whooped the best in the business and that is something to be proud of. AS for kiffen, never liked him and no matter the out come , im glad he is gone, ROLL TIDE.........

  16. #36
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Great Lakes State
    Posts
    2,780

    Default

    Cam Newton played his freshman year at Florida backing up Tim Tebow.

  17. #37
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    thedirtysouth
    Posts
    1,405

    Default

    and your point is?

  18. #38
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Great Lakes State
    Posts
    2,780

    Default

    How can you compare his freshman year to Cam Newton's?

  19. #39
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Old farts mind
    Posts
    6,788

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fastford View Post
    just remember, our Q-back is only 18 yrs old, his true freshman year has well exceeded cam newton or any other true freshman stats as far as i know, hes not scared to run and when his passing game improves , he will by a force to recon with. i am a loyal tide fan, but i will say dabo,s emotion at the end got to me and i am glad for the ole red neck from Alabama. so i say to all you SC fans , congratulations, you whooped the best in the business and that is something to be proud of. AS for kiffen, never liked him and no matter the out come , im glad he is gone, ROLL TIDE.........
    Yep.....the bama qb is a stud, strong as a mule too.......he won't ever see his junior year at bama, he will be playing on Sunday in some fashion.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

  20. #40
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Old farts mind
    Posts
    6,788

    Default

    And cam had an agent in college.....his dad.

    Don't like either of them.......
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:23 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.0
Copyright © 2017 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.