Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Josh Richards 2017

Looks like a winner to me

Going to be different seeing josh ride around in a green #1 race car when we were customed to his blue one
    THE REAL SLIDING SIDEWAYS!

First time in a few years he will be Chevy powered instead of those stout Durham Fords.

Sharp looking package......
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Thats one Fugly Car.
    Like I told ya, What I said, STEAL YOUR FACE RIGHT OFF YOUR HEAD!! (Grateful Dead)

Before I get a smartas$ response about just look on the car and you will see a sponsor decal... Who is the engine builder for Best performance?

Gonna step out on a limb and guess Pro power being based from the Midwest

Quote Originally Posted by Centeroff View Post
    Before I get a smartas$ response about just look on the car and you will see a sponsor decal... Who is the engine builder for Best performance?
    I don't see it. But, you don't win the championship without an engine that can run 50 laps with no water.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

You know I was at the Hillbilly and bit my nails the last 40-50 laps as the zero puffed smoke and the thing really smoked under caution. Durham is either the best darn builder out there or Zero just got lucky. I can vouch for Scott in saying I truly believe that car ran 40-50 laps without water. Honestly you would probably have to give credit to the brand of oil he runs and I can tell you for a fact that Lucas oil isn't the oil inside the Durham power in the zero.

Dargie. It's on the hood of the car in the 2nd pic, not the car pictured, the one behind it.

Brandon Sheppard has used Dargie power for some time in his own equipment. Assuming he brought them on board last year. They are a dependable piece.
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    Brandon Sheppard has used Dargie power for some time in his own equipment. Assuming he brought them on board last year. They are a dependable piece.
    Best Performance has used Dargie powerplants from the very beginning. When they first started with Jeff Babco ck. Jeff was driving for Shane Halcomb, and the were using Dargie's then

B Shep used Mullins Engines before the first stint in the Rocket House Car, and his one season with Best.

Dargie has been around for a while. We all know the engine horsepower is just a small piece to the puzzle but engine durability is key. These engine builders have their dynos tuned differently from one dyno to the next. A close friend and the team I traveled with purchased 2 new Clements motors direct from the source and had 2 older motors that he had freshened by a well know but I guess you could say small time builder. When you purchase a new engine from Clements they give you a dyno sheet on each engine you order. On these dyno sheets you receive, they get very particular down to the HP and torque range at what rpm the engine is turning. We all know Clements builds top notch equipment but what I'm getting to is, he sent both Clements engines back to Clements at the end of the 2013 season and had them freshened. Remember the two fresh engines by the "small time" builder now because this is where my point comes in. He got a wild hair and sent 4 fresh engines to a friend of his who was big into drag racing and had a dyno. All 4 of those engines Were within 70 hp of each other and actually the "small" time builder produced the engine with the most peak hp and torque but his dyno sheet said the Clements power plant had a bigger hp and torque range. No big deal right? The kicker is he paid 12-15k less for the small time builders engines. Now with that being said, if you guys were a team owner do you pay the 25k difference for two name brand engines even though performance wise the engines were virtually identical? Just a thought!

Sharp looking ride.

Quote Originally Posted by Centeroff View Post
    Dargie has been around for a while. We all know the engine horsepower is just a small piece to the puzzle but engine durability is key. These engine builders have their dynos tuned differently from one dyno to the next. A close friend and the team I traveled with purchased 2 new Clements motors direct from the source and had 2 older motors that he had freshened by a well know but I guess you could say small time builder. When you purchase a new engine from Clements they give you a dyno sheet on each engine you order. On these dyno sheets you receive, they get very particular down to the HP and torque range at what rpm the engine is turning. We all know Clements builds top notch equipment but what I'm getting to is, he sent both Clements engines back to Clements at the end of the 2013 season and had them freshened. Remember the two fresh engines by the "small time" builder now because this is where my point comes in. He got a wild hair and sent 4 fresh engines to a friend of his who was big into drag racing and had a dyno. All 4 of those engines Were within 70 hp of each other and actually the "small" time builder produced the engine with the most peak hp and torque but his dyno sheet said the Clements power plant had a bigger hp and torque range. No big deal right? The kicker is he paid 12-15k less for the small time builders engines. Now with that being said, if you guys were a team owner do you pay the 25k difference for two name brand engines even though performance wise the engines were virtually identical? Just a thought!
    There is a real fair chance the big builder has a more drive able piece in the slick.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Mastersbuiltracer, I think I know what you mean when you say that and I'm petty sure I believe every word

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    There is a real fair chance the big builder has a more drive able piece in the slick.
    Well said. Numbers don't mean as much as drivability.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.