Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 30

Thread: 2017 Dome Race

  1. #1

    Default 2017 Dome Race

    Is it going to happen?

    Or is the dome being torn down?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    1,597

    Default

    Dome is being used more with out the rams ,not saying the dome is a go though , they bettter have a agreeable payout if if happens

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Mountaineer
    Posts
    1,014

    Default

    If it's true they didn't pay a single car that didn't make the deal??? That's weak because there was over a million that came through those gates that weekend. These guys bust their as$es and deserve a minimum 3-500$ for showing up. I'm sure the sponsors paid more than enough to pay the pot in both supers and modified cars. Money is the root of all evil!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Realville, USA
    Posts
    11,865

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by calverton View Post
    Dome is being used more with out the rams ,not saying the dome is a go though , they bettter have a agreeable payout if if happens
    You would be better off getting a new NFL team and wipe up the dust. That ain't no race track joint!!!!
    NASCAR and Dirt Motors Racin' expert!!!! Fighting the GOOD fight!!! Find the truth. It was Karl Marx who called for a “heavy progressive or graduated income tax” system in order to redistribute the wealth and establish a socialist state. Check out The Blaze on Dish channel 212 or theblaze.com and levintv.com for the truth.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Peoria
    Posts
    1,262

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_Wetter View Post
    That ain't no race track joint!!!!
    Yes it is because DOD said so.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Realville, USA
    Posts
    11,865

    Default

    Oooops, my bad!!!
    NASCAR and Dirt Motors Racin' expert!!!! Fighting the GOOD fight!!! Find the truth. It was Karl Marx who called for a “heavy progressive or graduated income tax” system in order to redistribute the wealth and establish a socialist state. Check out The Blaze on Dish channel 212 or theblaze.com and levintv.com for the truth.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    729

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Centeroff View Post
    If it's true they didn't pay a single car that didn't make the deal??? That's weak because there was over a million that came through those gates that weekend. These guys bust their as$es and deserve a minimum 3-500$ for showing up. I'm sure the sponsors paid more than enough to pay the pot in both supers and modified cars. Money is the root of all evil!
    Maybe someone that knows something about expenses could fill us in....Like what the cost of renting the facility for the 5 or 6 days to prepare the track, run the show and clean it all up.....Including cost of bringing in the dirt, barriers, machinery and such to get the job done.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    1,597

    Default

    it was more like 2 weeks to get the track prepared

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    1,597

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_Wetter View Post
    Oooops, my bad!!!
    have you had your joint yet cw its about time

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    1,597

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_Wetter View Post
    You would be better off getting a new NFL team and wipe up the dust. That ain't no race track joint!!!!
    who needs football its true they make more without those clowns than with them

  11. #11
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Realville, USA
    Posts
    11,865

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by calverton View Post
    have you had your joint yet cw its about time
    Have you had your two by four over the head yet tonight? If not, please go out in public and it won't take long.
    NASCAR and Dirt Motors Racin' expert!!!! Fighting the GOOD fight!!! Find the truth. It was Karl Marx who called for a “heavy progressive or graduated income tax” system in order to redistribute the wealth and establish a socialist state. Check out The Blaze on Dish channel 212 or theblaze.com and levintv.com for the truth.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    wisconsin
    Posts
    148

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ILL-DIRTDOG View Post
    Maybe someone that knows something about expenses could fill us in....Like what the cost of renting the facility for the 5 or 6 days to prepare the track, run the show and clean it all up.....Including cost of bringing in the dirt, barriers, machinery and such to get the job done.
    The drivers paid for it.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Great Lakes State
    Posts
    2,828

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by calverton View Post
    who needs football its true they make more without those clowns than with them
    Yea. I highly doubt it.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    2,597

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by calverton View Post
    have you had your joint yet cw its about time
    I'm lighting my bat right now. Ah that sweet smell will never die.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    6,563

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by calverton View Post
    who needs football its true they make more without those clowns than with them
    Lol. You are high. A sh!tty team like the Browns and Rams, yeah there isn't as huge of a profit. But good teams with a loyal following, no dirt race is going to touch that.
    RIP Chris Cornell

    Dam shame, great voice, and great bands he was the front man for.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Great Lakes State
    Posts
    2,828

    Default

    Each NFL team made $180 mil last year just on league revenue sharing. If a stadium is sold out its close to 6-10 mil a game. So if it's closer to $5 mil a game multiplied by 8 home games. That's $40 mil just on ticket sales a year. Then factor in concession stand and gift shop percentages

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    il
    Posts
    371

    Default

    What about TV revenue? Is that include in league sharing?

  18. #18
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Great Lakes State
    Posts
    2,828

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by reid boys View Post
    What about TV revenue? Is that include in league sharing?
    Not sure but it was a little over $7 billion. Teams make money obviously from playing away games as well. But keep in mind though majority of the stadiums aren't owned by the teams.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    2,308

    Default

    In a Dirt-on-Dirt interview, the promoter said that he is negotiating with the dome for next winter and may have something done as soon as the end of the week.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    188

    Default

    Better starting hyping this race now.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:23 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.0
Copyright © 2017 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.