Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2017 Dome Race

Quote Originally Posted by chupp n bloomer fan View Post
    Lol. You are high. A sh!tty team like the Browns and Rams, yeah there isn't as huge of a profit. But good teams with a loyal following, no dirt race is going to touch that.
    no dummy, not the dirt race the dome makes more money geesh you can't be that dumb it frees up the dome and facilities to do other things, for instance, you can not get a date from now until the end of July , that's not me saying that that is the media and dome saying that
    Last edited by calverton; 01-12-2017 at 07:41 AM.

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/g...266875bdc.html I WON'T HYPE IT TILL WE SEE A PAYOUT

Quote Originally Posted by calverton View Post
    http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/g...266875bdc.html I WON'T HYPE IT TILL WE SEE A PAYOUT
    You promise????
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Why yes why wouldn't I

"Each NFL team made $180 mil last year just on league revenue sharing. If a stadium is sold out its close to 6-10 mil a game. So if it's closer to $5 mil a game multiplied by 8 home games. That's $40 mil just on ticket sales a year. Then factor in concession stand and gift shop percentages"

That covers one player's outrageous contract!

Quote Originally Posted by ILL-DIRTDOG View Post
    Maybe someone that knows something about expenses could fill us in....Like what the cost of renting the facility for the 5 or 6 days to prepare the track, run the show and clean it all up.....Including cost of bringing in the dirt, barriers, machinery and such to get the job done.
    That is what I am trying to find out, the cost of putting this deal on, I know it was not cheap, and bottom dollar is for promoter to make money, but if he had tremendous expenses on the logistic side he might not have had the money to pay those who did not make the show

Any of hear the interview where bloomer said they should cover the whole lower bowl seating and make it a 4/10 mile high bank... Gave me a good laugh
    Always carrying my 2 Crown Jewels

If these payout posts im reading on here are true, I assure you the turnout for a second race will be substaintially less as far as car count. Im sure the cost to put the show on were very high, but if the promoter thinks racers wont remember? .....theyll remember.

How do u know what it cost to put this show on? 70 cars @ $500 is $35,000, kind if a lot. I'm sure after year one is down they will have a better idea what they can afford to pay.

On Wednesday of Chili Bowl week I was lucky enough to attend a midday luncheon out at the Zink Ranch just North of Tulsa. Emmett Hahn, promoter and one of the founders of The Chili Bowl, had a question and answer period as part of that luncheon. He was asked what the rental fee was for this year's Chili Bowl Nationals. Emmett said the rental alone for this years event was just over a quarter of a million dollars. Emmett went on to explain that figure didn't include any of the equipment rental or labor involved in building the track and costs for security.

I have no way of knowing but I wouldn't be surprised that the dome rental would be as much or possibly even more than the Tulsa Expo Center when all is said and done.