FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

January 10, 2017

Double Down Motorsports Prepares for 2017 Season; Adds JC Crockett as Co-Crew Chief!

(MORRISTOWN, TENNESSEE) Since the completion of their 2016 campaign in early October, Double Down Motorsports has been working feverishly to prepare for their second full season as a top-flight Super Late Model operation. To help prepare and work on the potent Longhorn machines for drivers Shanon Buckingham and Robby Moses, team owner Roger Sellers has added veteran crew member JC Crockett to the team as a Co-Crew Chief with Tom Buckingham. In addition to JC and Tom, Jacob Webber, Trevor Crittenden, and Evan Lohr will return to the Double Down Motorsports team to help turn the wrenches on both the #50 of Shanon Buckingham and the #21 of Robby Moses.

JC brings a wealth of knowledge and expertise to the team after stints with Daniel Baggerly (2008-2012), John Blankenship (2012-2014), and Chris Brown (2015-2016). “I am extremely excited to be a part of the Double Down Motorsports team and I can’t thank Roger (Sellers) enough for bringing me on board,” stated the Rural Retreat, Virginia native via telephone earlier today. “It is close to home for me and there is so much potential for this race team to do big things. The schedule we have put together is a nice fit for me, as it is a great regional schedule with some crown jewel races sprinkled in, so it is not the grind of being out on the road following a national tour. Hopefully we can perform well all year, win some races, and have a lot of fun along the way!”

In other news, the Double Down Motorsports team has recently acquired and moved into a new race shop, which was previously occupied by Number 23, Inc. and driver John Blankenship. The Morristown, Tennessee shop will provide more space to work and prepare for each race weekend. Tentative plans call for both Shanon Buckingham and Robby Moses to lift the lid to their highly-anticipated 2017 season on Saturday, January 28 at Boyd’s Speedway in Ringgold, Georgia. The annual running of the ‘Cabin Fever 40’ will be held at the Chattanooga-area facility and the Schaeffer’s Oil Iron-Man Championship Series program will boast a $3,500 winner’s check.

Following the ‘Cabin Fever 40,’ the team will gear up for a nearly 60-race schedule, which was released recently online at www.DoubleDownMotorsports.net. The two Double Down Motorsports drivers will enter a diversified schedule that features races with the Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series, World of Outlaws Craftsman Late Model Series, Spring Nationals Series, Southern Nationals Bonus Series, Iron-Man Championship Series, Ultimate Super Late Model Series, and Southern All Stars Dirt Racing Series. In addition, the duo will once again tackle the entire Schaeffer's Oil Southern Nationals Series schedule, which features 11 races in only 15 days in July. Shanon picked up a $3,500 Southern Nationals triumph at Tri-County (NC) Race Track, finished second in the final point tally, and was awarded Rookie of the Year honors, while Robby wound up eighth in the heated 2016 miniseries point standings.

Double Down Motorsports would like to thank all of their valued marketing partners in 2017 including: Tennessee RV Supercenter, Grand Design Recreational Vehicles, Smoky Mountain Speedway, Hard Rock Café, 103.5 WIMZ, FK Rod Ends, Maxima Racing Oils, VP Race Fuels, Stanley Best Heating & Air, Blount Excavating, Inc., Hooker Harness, JRI Shocks, Food City, ASI Racewear, Wiles Driveshafts, Hoosier Tires, Phase II Sign Supply, Matco Tools, Delph Communications, Wrisco Industries, Hypercoils, Keyser Manufacturing, and AR Bodies.

Keep up on the latest dirt concerning Double Down Motorsports all year long by pointing your web browser to www.DoubleDownMotorsports.net.

Media Contact: Ryan Delph - Delph Communications
www.DelphCommunications.com